Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

It is, but I highly recommend the book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel

You do see variance in other species, but they fill a far tighter evolutionary niche than we do, so any that don't conform to the physical qualities that niche demands will struggle to reproduce.

Just ordered this on a whim after reading the post. Hope it's as good as you've made it seem

We have a 2 meter long side way path with a big fig or fejoa tree down there - its at full peak right now, growing up over the roof of the house from the fence.

Every night the possums jump onto the tin roof and scamper across going to get their figs, its like a procession all night long, then theres the bats screeching in there... its like a managarie in there.

I got jack of it yesterday and grabbed the saw, it was hot, like 30 degrees so i had no top on or anything, just footy shorts. I was in the belly of the beast hacking away like tarzan, chopping branch after branch away and hauling it over my shoulder to the front yard.

I go inside chuffed, job well done, sit down.. hmm why am i itchy?

like ALL over? I jump in the shower, come out, MORE itchy - bad

Partner looks on Dr Google - OIC, fig trees are dangerous, must wear sleeves and gloves - apparently topless tarzans need not apply.

it says there are fine things on the leaves that give your skin minute scratches then poison sap comes from the branches as it senses danger.

At worst you go into anaphilactic shock - at best you just itch.

seriously - how many things do Adults need to know? i thought i was going ok in life then another thing just pops up - is anything safe?

Why isnt killer fig trees in the life instruction manual?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard Moon I feel comfortable in the knowledge that you're out there putting in the hard yards, risking severe itching episodes if not your life, for the most dominant of our drunken vermin that may not be able to fend for themselves. Keep up the good work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back