Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

The Australian national psyche never seeks to amaze me.

Gives sports stars an unnatural and out of proportion amount of adulation. But if they dare look like they're not trying, suddenly the jingoistic crap comes out.

There are many people who are a disgrace on a national and important scale. Someone not particularly enjoying a game of tennis is not one of them.

unaustralian

get in the corner you.

You do seem like a very patriotic person Howie.

actually, its funny you should mention that!

i feel absolutley zero on australia day and cringe at the way we try and force this ocker southern cross mentality thing.. like we have pie eating contests and thong thorowing contests - talk about trying to create something that isnt!

how about we try and let our national psyche speak for itself?

i think its because we are ashamed of our recent past and what austalia day actually stands for, we try so hard not to face it or look back on it or want to have to deal with it.. so we try and divert attention with all that silly frivolity of what the world may think we are in a carcichtature sense

was on the early train to work this morning - 5am

was a very shady looking man sat in the corner, big blinking neon sign above his head saying trouble trouble

probably should have chose a different seat.. anyhow

police were patrolling the carriages, they follwed the scent to this bloke, sat opposite and started chatting.

cop: why you up so early mate?

bum: ahh just going to buy a boat

c: a boat hey?

b: yehh.

c: bringing it back on the train mate?

b: yeh mate

silence...

c: where you really going?

b: to buy a boat mate. its for sale on gumtree

c: hmm

b: its remote control, i like to race them

c: ohhh, where do you race them?

b: i dunno mate, never owned a boat

c: so how do you know you like to race them?

b: well i owned a helicopter, that was fun, how much different an it be?

c: a remote control helicopter?

b: yeh, but i crashed it, flew too high lost control...

c: ahh like icarus, flew too close to the sun

silence

silence

b: yeh yeh flew too high

im not totally sure the bum is au fait with his greek mythology
i wonder if he was actually telling the truth, or if he was out doing naughty stuff..
he was keeping the cop on his toes, great banter

was good entertainment on my way in.

Took my 5 year old to the dentist the other day, he also only just got his tonsils out, they were always huge making him breathe funny at night.

Dentist takes a look in his mouth and says to me, your son's a mouth breather...

I should have punched him right then and there!

Excuse me?

Hes a mouth breather, i can tell from his jaw profile that he breathes through his mouth, not nose.

Ok I'll let you off Mr Dentist.

Thanks for that.

Is there a way to do it without paying?
i looked into this over a year ago and remember the free ones being a little dodgy.

Remember: if you are not paying for the product, you are the product.

DFmIs45XUAALzam.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes you look at a person and can only shake your head.

Yesterday I spent the day in hospital for my bimonthly infusion.

The protocol is the nurses ask questions, ring through for the prescription to be delivered and they then hook you up to the drip so everything's ready to go for when the prescribed infusion arrives (which depending on pharmacy can take up to an hour).

Yesterday a young guy came in after me. So protocol completed he just sat there on his phone. Twenty minutes later he started yelling that the medicine was making him sick, he was so light headed and was going to faint. Yelled out the doctors need to come and fix his dosage.

The nurse calmly walked over to him and asked if he was ok, because his prescribed infusion hadn't even arrived from pharmacy and there was nothing going through the cannula.

Sometimes you look at a person and can only shake your head.

Yesterday I spent the day in hospital for my bimonthly infusion.

The protocol is the nurses ask questions, ring through for the prescription to be delivered and they then hook you up to the drip so everything's ready to go for when the prescribed infusion arrives (which depending on pharmacy can take up to an hour).

Yesterday a young guy came in after me. So protocol completed he just sat there on his phone. Twenty minutes later he started yelling that the medicine was making him sick, he was so light headed and was going to faint. Yelled out the doctors need to come and fix his dosage.

The nurse calmly walked over to him and asked if he was ok, because his prescribed infusion hadn't even arrived from pharmacy and there was nothing going through the cannula.
Sounds like a strange unit...

Random: When people say 'the worst' I always read it as 'the wurst' (sausage). And when something is humorous, the word 'humerus' (arm bone) comes to mind. :huh:
You should start substituting in real life. The hard part would be to deliver it with a straight face and look at the other person like they're a dickhead when they don't follow.

"Dude, that'd be the sausage. It's not even remotely arm bone.".

Are vegans users of leather products?
Nice new name you have there.

The idea is to be cruelty-free. So no leather, no wool, no animal products at all. It can also include things that use animals in production, for example wine is apparently processed using some sort of animal product to make it clearer, so you can get vegan wine as well, or there's also red food colouring derived from beatles that a friend of mine avoids. It depends on the person, Peter Singer (philosopher) is vegetarian always and vegan when convenient (when he's at home, but it's harder to be vegan when he's travelling).

I think it's to do with docking their tails? And also because they're shorn before winter to encourage the wool to grow thicker and faster, so they're cold in winter. Or something.
Docking their tails prevents fly strike. Hadn't heard the shearing one before although this article appears to debunk that theory whilst also backing up what you say. Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back