Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You and Striker did it wrong. When I got home just after 5 my home had heated up so was all horrible, but it was awesome outside with a cool breeze coming off the bay so I wandered down to the Esplanade hotel for beers for a couple of hours. Bliss.

Also, weirdly, I had to pass Bomber Thompson’s place so I admired the lovely dent where the police bashed in his door. Two hours later, passing the other way, someone had looped around a security chain thing around the handles. I’m trying to make a mystery over this event but it’s not especially promising.

Happy birthday Jonesy.
Trivia fact: a member of the mod team shares a birthday with Jonesy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have hardly had a drink this year. Proper Gander will be interested in this.

So this is what it feels like to be a non drinker.
It’s weird isn’t it. I’ve been off the drinking generally since quitting smoking - if it’s social and celebrating I’m in there, but otherwise not at all. So most days no alcohol.

I find the most disappointing part is that lots of the things I used to routinely blame on alcohol like tiredness or generally feeling a bit off, turns out they are attached to me anyway probably as general oldness or something.

It’s weird isn’t it. I’ve been off the drinking generally since quitting smoking - if it’s social and celebrating I’m in there, but otherwise not at all. So most days no alcohol.

I find the most disappointing part is that lots of the things I used to routinely blame on alcohol like tiredness or generally feeling a bit off, turns out they are attached to me anyway probably as general oldness or something.
See, I think I am going the other way and drinking more...

Wind back on the caffeine and sugar. It makes a difference after a week or so.

I got sick of hangovers & haven't had a drink since the 2015 Grand Final. Only problem is It has made me less sociable & I find myself avoiding social functions & gatherings.
I think it’s had the opposite effect on me. Not that I’ll ever be a social butterfly. Perhaps I can aim for social moth.

I think it’s had the opposite effect on me. Not that I’ll ever be a social butterfly. Perhaps I can aim for social moth.
I think of you more as a kind of social locust

I think of you more as a kind of social locust
More a social dung beetle. I just try to keep my fecal matter together and not share it with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back