Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also as this is Random Chat... can any of our friends accross the seas tell me the best way to watch games away from Australia? Im away for the next 7 rounds, and im in need of links or ways to watch our Golden Run turn into a shambles

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Welcome back Tulip

Also, what have been all the names you've had on here?
Nice to be back, ft a little more time to shitpost.

From memory - StefanMartin, Balennon37, Warlpiri Wizard, Ledley, HighFlyingFlag and ShowSomeFight. Don't think I'll change this one, I don't even notice it and its a nice tribute to the great man

Ive got into some dosey's with a couple of mods of other boards during my time on BF, yet I've only ever received infractions or warnings. Awesome performance Tulip to receive a perma ban. If you can't tell us the reason you were banned, can you at least let us know which mods soul you owned to make him/her want you gone for good?
Was just a PM to request a week off, mate! I'm not sure I've ever been banned properly to be honest, I'm too well heeled for that :fire::fire:

Was just a PM to request a week off, mate! I'm not sure I've ever been banned properly to be honest, I'm too well heeled for that :fire::fire:
I was a bit disappointed to discover it was a ban by request affair.

Like A11 and numerous others I enjoyed myself picturing what exactly you could have done.

Had the pleasure of serving Christian Petracca at work today. Very nice lad and extremely down to earth. :thumbsu:
He’s a friendly person isn’t he? Not really deserving of his ‘flog’ rating from many - he wasted 5 minutes chatting to my horrible younger relatives last year and didn’t mind one bit. Wasted is the right word though because the floggy little new Tasmanian shits support Norf anyway...

Why am I still posting? I’m accidentally drunk again and it will all end badly somehow.

He’s a friendly person isn’t he? Not really deserving of his ‘flog’ rating from many - he wasted 5 minutes chatting to my horrible younger relatives last year and didn’t mind one bit. Wasted is the right word though because the floggy little new Tasmanian shits support Norf anyway...

Why am I still posting? I’m accidentally drunk again and it will all end badly somehow.
Never seen the ‘flog’ tag and definitely not deserving of it from my experience.

Always been a big fan of his and generally keep an eye out whenever a Melbourne game is on.

Nice to be back, ft a little more time to shitpost.

From memory - StefanMartin, Balennon37, Warlpiri Wizard, Ledley, HighFlyingFlag and ShowSomeFight. Don't think I'll change this one, I don't even notice it and its a nice tribute to the great man
I am sure some of those accounts were active concurrently!

You guys going to be watching the world cup?
Can't wait. Will be up to my nuts in thesis work, but nothing better than a couple of games on a lazy winter weekday morning with breakfast in bed between them. Rate Australia's chances? I reckon we'll be more solid defensively under BVM than we have been in a while, but would be shocked if we took more than two points - one off Peru and maybe one off Denmark.

Can't wait. Will be up to my nuts in thesis work, but nothing better than a couple of games on a lazy winter weekday morning with breakfast in bed between them. Rate Australia's chances? I reckon we'll be more solid defensively under BVM than we have been in a while, but would be shocked if we took more than two points - one off Peru and maybe one off Denmark.

We will get spanked. It's the worst Australian side on paper since the 80s probably and maybe even earlier. Hopefully we atleast go there trying to score goals. Worst thing would be to lose 3-0 to France and then have some 0-0 draws against Denmark and Peru.

We will get spanked. It's the worst Australian side on paper since the 80s probably and maybe even earlier. Hopefully we atleast go there trying to score goals. Worst thing would be to lose 3-0 to France and then have some 0-0 draws against Denmark and Peru.
A lot of people said this last World Cup and we were surprisingly very competitive (Even though we lost our pool games).

What i do remember thought last world cup which i still find amusing, was that England only booked a long enough stay for their pool matches. England knows at least they're bad enough to know they aren't going to progress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people said this last World Cup and we were surprisingly very competitive (Even though we lost our pool games).

What i do remember thought last world cup which i still find amusing, was that England only booked a long enough stay for their pool matches. England knows at least they're bad enough to know they aren't going to progress

Last world cup we had an Australian coach coaching the Australian way which was '* it lets have a go'

It's a fair point,
Mooy/Rogic/Kruse/Leckie etc are all better more mature players than 4 years ago.

I'll watch the matches and the 4-0 against the Czechs was promising, I hope they continue to play with that type of freedom

Last world cup we had an Australian coach coaching the Australian way which was '**** it lets have a go'

It's a fair point,
Mooy/Rogic/Kruse/Leckie etc are all better more mature players than 4 years ago.

I'll watch the matches and the 4-0 against the Czechs was promising, I hope they continue to play with that type of freedom
Like Ange a lot, but Van Marwijk is an incredibly accomplished coach. He's no mug.

Like Ange a lot, but Van Marwijk is an incredibly accomplished coach. He's no mug.

World cup final with the Dutch I agree he is no mug. Plus the Dutch played with alot of 'attitude' which suits us. Only worry being I don't wanna see us scrap and defend for results. I'd rather see us go out in the group stage having a go like you know we would have under ange. Very harshly wealth with ange. I can only imagine the soccer he would have got us playing with Kewell Bresc Duke Emerton Grella etc.

I hope to be like you when I grow up

First match against France will tell the story for us I think . They are realistically a class above us . Tbo can't see us getting out of the group but we are there , some big name teams are not . Will be interests to see how many turn up for state of origin tomorrow . Shame we gave it away for s**t like Aflx

You guys going to be watching the world cup?

Must say it's currently a good time for a sports nut. AFL, NHL & NBA playoffs, Roland Garros & World Cup in Russia coming up

World Cup is more than enough. Sadly, for the first time since '98, I'm not going to be able to watch just about every game.

World cup final with the Dutch I agree he is no mug. Plus the Dutch played with alot of 'attitude' which suits us. Only worry being I don't wanna see us scrap and defend for results. I'd rather see us go out in the group stage having a go like you know we would have under ange. Very harshly wealth with ange. I can only imagine the soccer he would have got us playing with Kewell Bresc Duke Emerton Grella etc.

Grella was garbage. Slow, cynical, limited... Italian name though.

We looked fairly well organized against the Czechs but had a few lapses and really lacked quality up front. Probably going to be a bit much to expect Cahill to keep heading them in from all over the field this year, and I can't see Kruse troubling many sides who've played football before. Rogic, Leckie, Cahill, Jedinak and Mooy are capable, but we could do with more of a pacey, direct goal threat. I don't think we'll be playing a lot of possession football.

On the other hand, the Czechs were awful and looked like they couldn't give a *. Far cry from the teams they used to be put out 15 or 20 years ago.

As long as we have Timmy anything can happen in the last few minutes of any game

Grella was garbage. Slow, cynical, limited... Italian name though.

We looked fairly well organized against the Czechs but had a few lapses and really lacked quality up front. Probably going to be a bit much to expect Cahill to keep heading them in from all over the field this year, and I can't see Kruse troubling many sides who've played football before. Rogic, Leckie, Cahill, Jedinak and Mooy are capable, but we could do with more of a pacey, direct goal threat. I don't think we'll be playing a lot of possession football.

On the other hand, the Czechs were awful and looked like they couldn't give a ****. Far cry from the teams they used to be put out 15 or 20 years ago.

Yeah jedinak is better than Grella but outside of that I can't think of any position that's not a massive downgrade.

Only saw the highlights but it looked like the Czechs could have scored 5 had they not missed their chances.

We really need mooy to get the ball in midfield and ping it quickly to Leckie one on one to use his pace. Can't see us doing much else apart from letting Rogic line up the occasional rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back