Bumped Random Chat - Winter is coming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
Ooh another full album I'd strongly recommend (and I'm sure that Toump Ass is already all over):

A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Atomos

One of my all time fave band names too.
Atmospheric.

I somehow discovered A Winged Victory for the Sullen through reading some news about Colin Stetson, and really like their work. Also if you haven't heard Colin Stetson, I recommend him.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has anyone ever had a cassette air conditioner installed in their ceiling, if so what did it cost to install?
Get some A/C installed on jobs at work occasionally. Supply and install of a 6 or 8 kW split system cost in the region of $3 to 4k, from memory. Depends where you want to locate it, how far cable runs have to be, etc. Also not sure whether we get a competitive price or whether we get the "you're a big business so you can pay twice the going rate and you won't notice" price.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Anyone here from Gippsland? Pretty sure there's someone from Bunyip (Biffinator ?). Hope you're all okay. These fires are terrible. Went to my brother's place in Bayles yesterday. It was pretty eerie and quite unnerving when ash started falling from the sky.

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

blitznu

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
yo i cant find post where yas told us best places to go in tokyo. we just got to shinjuku and staying few roads from shin-okubo station if any of you mad campaigners can let us know wheres good to go cheers

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheDarkDwarf

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
yo i cant find post where yas told us best places to go in tokyo. we just got to shinjuku and staying few roads from shin-okubo station if any of you mad campaigners can let us know wheres good to go cheers
Mate, just drink Orion, all your problems will be solved. Have a great time.

Proper Gander

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’ve just discovered I’ve inherited money. Not vast wealth or anything, but over 50,000 that I didn’t have before. Not sure what to do with it. Do I save it or treat myself to an overseas trip or something? I would honestly pay MFC to win games if I thought it would work,

TheCount

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Moderator #4,616
I’ve just discovered I’ve inherited money. Not vast wealth or anything, but over 50,000 that I didn’t have before. Not sure what to do with it. Do I save it or treat myself to an overseas trip or something? I would honestly pay MFC to win games if I thought it would work,
Shout the bar at the next Board Meet Up?

Proper Gander

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Shout the bar at the next Board Meet Up?
Seems reasonable.

Shame about the new rules regarding runners really. How good would it be to get one to deliver a message next time Brayshaw blindly bombs it cleanly to opposition that I’ve got 1000 in cash waiting for him outside so long as he DOESNT DO THAT AGAIN

ponsdale

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Depends on where you get the best tax advantage.

If you have a mortgage, I would be putting a chunk of it against this. That will reduce your interest payments and allow you pay off your mortgage faster (same size monthly repayment, but a greater proportion goes to the principle, rather that to interest).

Another strong recommendation, (if you don't need it immediately) would be to put a chunk of it into your super. You get huge tax advantages in doing this as an investment.

Notice, both times I said "a chunk". Of course you should use a part of it as gift to yourself now. How about that trip to watch the Dees in Alice Springs, or Darwin, or Perth?

Proper Gander

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Depends on where you get the best tax advantage.

If you have a mortgage, I would be putting a chunk of it against this. That will reduce your interest payments and allow you pay off your mortgage faster (same size monthly repayment, but a greater proportion goes to the principle, rather that to interest).

Another strong recommendation, (if you don't need it immediately) would be to put a chunk of it into your super. You get huge tax advantages in doing this as an investment.

Notice, both times I said "a chunk". Of course you should use a part of it as gift to yourself now. How about that trip to watch the Dees in Alice Springs, or Darwin, or Perth?
I was thinking of Alice Springs plus super top-up. I’d like to go to that game and I’ve never been to Alice Springs before. If they have camels even better.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
I was thinking of Alice Springs plus super top-up. I’d like to go to that game and I’ve never been to Alice Springs before. If they have camels even better.
If you have never been to Alice Springs I would advise you keep it that way.

Go to Darwin, a much nicer place and you can even extend your weekend and drive to a few other places as well

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6bcefa0b2d2a214479309a31b82f3e2e

That relationship began with a salacious tryst at a Townsville nightclub, where she put the notion to him of having a threesome with Thompson and another man.

In her story she alleges that Thompson then provided her with images of his teammates so she could see who she wanted to have group sex with.

Medlyn remained fully aware that she played a role in the scenario that played out but now, later on and with a child she admits it left her feeling like an “object”.

“I was an object,” Medlyn said.

“A toy among his friends to show off with, ‘because look what this chick is going to do

So this dumb bitch goes looking for a threesome with 2 NRL players an instead of taking responsibility decides to 'blame' the other willing parties?

Sharing videos of an unwilling party is not right but what happened to taking responsibility for yourself?

When women are filmed doing dumb things = Men are terrible
When men are filmed doing dumb things = Men are terrible

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
You're welcome. Any suggestions from that youtube wormhole worth throwing back?
Jean Guérin ‎– Tacet was my favourite. Mind boggling this was released in 1971 (a year after Kraftwerk's debut). Dense ambient/droney/free-jazz pieces alongside repetitive electronic loopy things that sound like a lot of some of the stuff Steve Reich was doing (and also a bunch of African music).

There's an original copy for sale on discogs for a cheeky $600aud so gonna hold off on that one for a little while...

Last edited:
Top Bottom