Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like spreading stuff about people but I guess I'll just say the casualness maybe surprised me.
I also know Robbie Kearns favourite drink. Triple Johnny blue with a splash of dry.. criminal.
Johnny blue would have to be one of the most overrated drinks ever. I reckon I could easily find 100 whisky's around the $100 mark that are a lot better than blue. But I do tend to go for single malts with a little more nuance over blends.

I was googling videos of anteaters fighting to use as an example of our forward structure and came across this. Can't work out whether this bloke is fair dinkum or not...

Johnny blue would have to be one of the most overrated drinks ever. I reckon I could easily find 100 whisky's around the $100 mark that are a lot better than blue. But I do tend to go for single malts with a little more nuance over blends.

I have 3/4 of a bottle of green label left in the cupboard. I drank everything else around it. Same deal, mediocre drop.

I was googling videos of anteaters fighting to use as an example of our forward structure and came across this. Can't work out whether this bloke is fair dinkum or not...

Nothing would have given me more joy than to see that Tamandua latch on to his leg and * him right up

Australian football icon Sam Kerr has slammed Israel Folau’s views as “embarrassing” while gay Welsh rugby great Gareth Thomas has issued a classy message in the wake of the Wallabies star’s latest social media firestorm.
Folau’s rugby future hangs in the balance as Rugby Australia’s integrity unit reviews his latest social media posts, which stated that hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolators” — adding they should “repent” as “only Jesus saves.”

So I'm confused here, he's only repeating his religious views which I thought were protected? I thought on a sporting field you can't discriminate someone for their religious views? Yet people are calling for him to be removed from Rugby because of his religious views?

Australian football icon Sam Kerr has slammed Israel Folau’s views as “embarrassing” while gay Welsh rugby great Gareth Thomas has issued a classy message in the wake of the Wallabies star’s latest social media firestorm.
Folau’s rugby future hangs in the balance as Rugby Australia’s integrity unit reviews his latest social media posts, which stated that hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolators” — adding they should “repent” as “only Jesus saves.”

So I'm confused here, he's only repeating his religious views which I thought were protected? I thought on a sporting field you can't discriminate someone for their religious views? Yet people are calling for him to be removed from Rugby because of his religious views?
It's not on the field. Rugby Australia is free to do whatever they like.

It's not on the field. Rugby Australia is free to do whatever they like.
It's the same principle. If Dusty tweeted * Muslin religion the AFL would melt down. Izzy and his religion are ******* stupid but you can't preach inclusiveness of religion then sack someone for his religious beliefs

It's the same principle. If Dusty tweeted **** Muslin religion the AFL would melt down. Izzy and his religion are ******* stupid but you can't preach inclusiveness of religion then sack someone for his religious beliefs
It's clearly not the same. There's an obvious difference between having religious beliefs in private (which is protected) and saying/doing things that are discriminatory and then saying you shouldn't face any consequences because it's a religious expression. That's not the way the law works. Making hateful comments is illegal even if they're religiously motivated in the same way that religiously motivated violence is illegal.

It's clearly not the same. There's an obvious difference between having religious beliefs in private (which is protected) and saying/doing things that are discriminatory and then saying you shouldn't face any consequences because it's a religious expression. That's not the way the law works. Making hateful comments is illegal even if they're religiously motivated in the same way that religiously motivated violence is illegal.

He said that list of people will go to hell, that's not violence that is a 'fact' in his religion.

You can't have it both ways, either we should be allowed to call out religion for the trash it is or he should be allowed to have his views. Can't just accept the parts that one side of politics says is ok.

He said that list of people will go to hell, that's not violence that is a 'fact' in his religion.

You can't have it both ways, either we should be allowed to call out religion for the trash it is or he should be allowed to have his views. Can't just accept the parts that one side of politics says is ok.
It's a form of hate speech, which is a crime in Australia. It's not having it both ways. He's allowed to privately deal with whatever facts he likes, but promoting them using a public platform is illegal. Just like anyone is free to have racist or sexist views as long as they don't express or act upon them publicly.

Even otherwise Rugby Australia is free to exclude him from consideration for selection if they believe it's damaging their brand. Which it is, sponsors have announced concerns and RA would be negligent to not consider the options available to them under the law, whether they're just or not.

Also you are allowed to criticise religious groups, FYI. People do it all the time.

It's a form of hate speech, which is a crime in Australia. It's not having it both ways. He's allowed to privately deal with whatever facts he likes, but promoting them using a public platform is illegal. Just like anyone is free to have racist or sexist views as long as they don't express or act upon them publicly.

Even otherwise Rugby Australia is free to exclude him from consideration for selection if they believe it's damaging their brand. Which it is, sponsors have announced concerns and RA would be negligent to not consider the options available to them under the law, whether they're just or not.
Hate speech is the biggest ******* wank going around.

Not that I agree with anything that Floau said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got no issue with Folau getting roasted for what he said.

The problem is people are too scared to have a go at Islam who have basically the same beliefs, if not worse.

All religion is a cancer on humanity.
In my experience there is no shortage of people having a go at Islam via social media etc

Got no issue with Folau getting roasted for what he said.

The problem is people are too scared to have a go at Islam who have basically the same beliefs, if not worse.

All religion is a cancer on humanity.
You should lead the way.

It is frowned upon by the media and society in general though, whereas other religions are open slather.
Not really. That’s just a bunch of false outrage “we’re not allowed to say anything about Muslims” drummed up to blur the issues.

If Izzy Folau had posted a bunch of extreme and fundamentalist crap targeted at various groups under the banner of his Muslim beliefs then I have no doubt there would be a similar reaction from RA - as there would be from my employer if I attempted some similar stunt.

"Hate speech" is a load of codswallop and selectively policed, it's just a stick to use to beat people vocalizing socially unpopular opinions. If it was actually enforced consistently, most Feminist media "personalities" like Clementine Ford for example would be behind bars for vociferous, repeated infringement. Some forms of discrimination are more socially acceptable than others, and some are widely endorsed.

"Hate speech" is a load of codswallop and selectively policed, it's just a stick to use to beat people vocalizing socially unpopular opinions. If it was actually enforced consistently, most Feminist media "personalities" like Clementine Ford for example would be behind bars for vociferous, repeated infringement. Some forms of discrimination are more socially acceptable than others, and some are widely endorsed.
hate speech doesn't count when it is against white males.

I mean that would be reverse hate speech wouldn't it? And apparently that doesnt exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back