Bumped Random Chat - Winter is coming

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Moderator #4,776
Beat them by 30 or 40 goals, did you? Their reserves team does nothing but cop hidings from recent memory. Didn't they lose a game by 300 odd a few years back?
Their seniors was the one that got done by 328 last year round 1. They're a bit better this season, their seniors this year got ours by a goal today. Goorambat will be the spooners this season in both 1s and 2s

We only won by about 20 points, but we were the better side. But truth be told after a year and bit playing as a forward it's a relief just to finally break that duck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just read on the AFL site that Trenners is averaging 40 possessions a game for Port in the first 4 rounds this season. I’d love to see him make it back. I wonder if he’s got on top of his foot problem and has been able to do a full pre-season.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ever notice when ever Barrett appologises there's a 'but' tied in there?
"I was wrong, but here's why I think I'm still really right."

Re: the Luke Hodge stuff, I agree that talking to the players adds nothing to the broadcast, but the reason players keep their cards so close and get media training to essentially say nothing is because they get crucified by peanuts like Barrett when they do go off script. Not sure how sticking a microphone in Hodge's face when he's getting his hammy's rubbed down adds to or detracts from his performance at all, so as is typical with Barrett, he's gone out of his way to make a fuss over nothing.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
Thread starter Moderator #4,782
Ever notice when ever Barrett appologises there's a 'but' tied in there?
I live by the principal that as soon as the word 'but' is used in an apology, excuse or any other rationalisation all previous comments are null and void.

If I ever apologies for something I've done I refuse to use the word 'but', even if I feel I am somewhat or mostly in the right.

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith
Listening to Jack Reiwoldt on 360, players getting paid by the media to give an opinion are pathetic, even a lot of that x players, too scared about standing on toes and hurting players feelings.

Kane Cornes, David King and MacClure the only ones out there to keep it real. Australian sports media is pathetic honestly.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Listening to Jack Reiwoldt on 360, players getting paid by the media to give an opinion are pathetic, even a lot of that x players, too scared about standing on toes and hurting players feelings.

Kane Cornes, David King and MacClure the only ones out there to keep it real. Australian sports media is pathetic honestly.
The most important thing with any media work these days is that no one is offended. It can be completely banal and irrelevant and it's top notch stuff as long as no one gets their knickers in a twist.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

My favourite part was when the Caroline Wilson drowning joke went around Jack Riewoldt said on 360 he wouldn't go on MMM again because the media had a responsibility. He then sat on the desk the day after fat guts said Fasolo was faking depression and said sometimes people make mistakes.

******* fake campaigners, don't need to hear anything about morals from those worms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The most important thing with any media work these days is that no one is offended. It can be completely banal and irrelevant and it's top notch stuff as long as no one gets their knickers in a twist.
The TV world lives in this fake bubble, its all scripted and follows one narrative and path.

Love or hate Sam Newman, the world cant handle people like him who speak away from the line that society pretends to follow on tv.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
where is it btw?

I've been guilty of bothering both Gawn and Tmac as a random in the past. Both are amazing about handling it. Tommy in particular - he's just a great guy. Makes such a difference when you talk to someone and they really act like they are listening to what you are saying and give a ****. Especially since I was about the 50th person to come up to him that day. Naturally decent guy. I also like that he looks terrifying like a prison escapee psychopath on the field so it comes as a real surprise that he can be chatty and friendly (though I know that his true character is prison escapee psycho - which make it all the more impressive)
Just drop him a line about Jordan Peterson, he'd love it.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Moderator #4,797
Top Bottom