Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercoach scores of 2,294 (489th overall) & 2,152 (5,499th overall) the last 2 weeks have seen my ranking go from 35,113 overall to 10,291 overall

1557271404031.png

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Footy sucks so I’m defaulting to thinking about food.

Okay so it’s not funky and “now” but tonight I’m going to have one of my favourite retro comfort meals. I’m going to roast a chicken and roast some nice potatoes. I’m even going to make an old school gravy - proper gravy thickened with a roux and extended with pan juices and stock (none of this thin “jus” rubbish). I’m even going to bake some cauliflower cheese. If I feel the need for something green then I might do some frozen peas but that part is optional.

I’m going to eat it in front of the TV and pretend it’s the late 80s and I don’t give a crap about football. I’m going to put on some DVDs of Robbie Coltrane in Cracker and watch that again.

Okay so it’s not funky and “now” but tonight I’m going to have one of my favourite retro comfort meals. I’m going to roast a chicken and roast some nice potatoes. I’m even going to make an old school gravy - proper gravy thickened with a roux and extended with pan juices and stock (none of this thin “jus” rubbish). I’m even going to bake some cauliflower cheese. If I feel the need for something green then I might do some frozen peas but that part is optional.

I’m going to eat it in front of the TV and pretend it’s the late 80s and I don’t give a crap about football. I’m going to put on some DVDs of Robbie Coltrane in Cracker and watch that again.
Make sure you roast those spuds in duck fat.....super crunchy and delicious.

is Kane going to be back for the final?
I think so, but would be a bit surprised if he started. Would be a huge option off the bench if the game is close in the second half.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

God I hope Man City win tonight. I'm also now in the horrible position of hoping the Yids beat your scummy side.

Have also told the bloke in my office not to come in tomorrow if the Scouse scum somehow win, and to look for a new job if they win the Champions League.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
lose 1 game all season and still not win the title.

Ridiculous!

I'm sure Liverpool probably have a league and champions league double at one time in their history but it could be argued this was your best ever season and you might win nothing. Crazy that Liverpool's season would have won every league in history except the last 2 seasons.

I'm sure Liverpool probably have a league and champions league double at one time in their history but it could be argued this was your best ever season and you might win nothing. Crazy that Liverpool's season would have won every league in history except the last 2 seasons.
Lost 1 game all season
Had the PFA player of the season (Van Djik)
Had the golden gloves winner (Allison)
Had 2 players share the golden boot (Salah & Mane)

Still finished runners up, insanity!

But to be fair this Man City squad is considered the best that the premier league has ever seen and we pushed them to the final day

I always roast chooks sitting on top of a bed of potatoes to soak up all the tasty juices.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/totte...gareth-bale-as-real-madrid-offer-bargain-deal

Tulip would you welcome him back with open arms? Bale, Son & Kane would be just as lethal as the Liverpool front three

I don't agree, as romantic as it sounds Kane and Firmino are completely different players.

Ronaldo and Bale worked well because Benzema played the false 9, as does Firmino for Salah and Mane.

Bale would constantly want to be filling a central area which would mean Alli and Eriksen would need to play deeper. I reckon you are sacrificing some of what makes Spurs click for one bloke.

Kane could play the false 9 role but I think he's just as effective as Bale is.

I don't agree, as romantic as it sounds Kane and Firmino are completely different players.

Ronaldo and Bale worked well because Benzema played the false 9, as does Firmino for Salah and Mane.

Bale would constantly want to be filling a central area which would mean Alli and Eriksen would need to play deeper. I reckon you are sacrificing some of what makes Spurs click for one bloke.

Kane could play the false 9 role but I think he's just as effective as Bale is.

That is a pretty fair call tbh.

Ali is pretty over rated imo and playing deeper wouldn't hurt him. And Erikson is no guarantee to still be there next season, but making the champions league final might sway him towards staying.

My problem would be Kanes inability to play any other role other than a poacher CF

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Ali is pretty over rated imo and playing deeper wouldn't hurt him. And Erikson is no guarantee to still be there next season, but making the champions league final might sway him towards staying.

My problem would be Kanes inability to play any other role other than a poacher CF

Alli is a goal scorer, they like him as the 2nd striker playing just in behind Kane. Son is a star aswell. If they lose Eriksen they desperately need more help in midfield not another striker. If I was spurs and i could get 100m for Eriksen, id take that to Lyon and see if I could get Ndombele and Fekir for 100m

Also Kanes an excellent passer but with his ankle im not sure you want him working as hard as Firmino

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Doing Kane a fair disservice there. He's the most complete striker the league has seen for decades. Two-footed, quick, good in the air, scores inside / outside the box, holds it up well and can create goals as well. The guy has a lot of weapons so you're unlikely to see him get shunted out to the wing because there aren't many other players around the world who'll cause as much of a threat as he does.

Eriksen will be a huge loss if he goes. He makes that team tick and provides the incisiveness that allows the likes of Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama, etc to sit back and act as defensive potatoes.

Agree: re Alli. Can be brilliant on his day but has twice as many awful games where he butchers good attacking positions with too much cuteness. If he finds a happy medium and more consistency, he could be great, but he's a luxury player at the moment and probably the one who should be most worried about Kane being fit for the Champions League final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back