Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/totte...gareth-bale-as-real-madrid-offer-bargain-deal

Tulip would you welcome him back with open arms? Bale, Son & Kane would be just as lethal as the Liverpool front three
I would definitely have him, but only because I think Eriksen is probably leaving. We can't afford his wages though, so we'd need to be paying less than others. Bale would be able to play across the front three, including up top, which would solve a lot of issues for us. But we can't guarantee he's better than Kane, Son or Alli anymore so I doubt Spurs is the club for him. Much more urgent priority is CM. Sissoko has carried us all season (how weird is that sentence), along with Winks when fit. Dier and Wanyama have been injured most of the year, and off the pace when fit. Dembele was the crown jewel until this season, and that ended in a whimper. Skipp's barely 18.

Must agree with TK on Kane, I think you're underselling him a bit Stinger. He's a brilliant passer, he works back into midfield really well, and he's got great match awareness. He could probably play centre midfield, to be honest, even though he'd be wasted there. He's definitely able to play as a Shearer style number nine, but that ankle needs some serious time to heal because he comes back early and runs himself into the ground.

Episode 5 GOT. I Really need to not drink while I watch the show.
  • Varys is 100% trying to poison Danny, missed that on the first watch.
  • Jon sighs when Varys say ‘we both know what she is going to do, almost with acceptance. But is loyal to a fault as usual.
  • Danny parts all the blame back on Jon as the betrayer because he assumed Sansa would hold true to an oath as he would. Almost not caring it is actually Varys. Also looks like a full ice addict.
  • Varys death was so well done, the moment with Tyrion, his final words and the way Drogon just appears from the dark abyss was so well lighted. Even Jon’s doubtful squint.
  • Danny Jon scene only needed her to break out in a Wesrerosi version of foreigners ‘I want to know what love is.’
  • Danny tells Tyrion she has Jaime and then says the next time you fail will be the last. Setting him up a bit.
  • Scene with Tyrion and Jamie was great and the end was touching. Great acting.
  • The hound looked awesome walking into the city with the hood on, looked like a Jedi/sith. Also, the woman and her child he pushed past to get in die.
And then there was the battle:
  • Danny comes in to KL super low which I think worked ok showing they didn’t have time to adjust the balista’s. However, we saw last episode that they can shoot these things about 5k, so really should have at least been able to get a couple shots off. But she did immediately go skyward after the first volley so that had no chance to reset after that. I’ve started an argument with myself.
  • Thought is funny after she blasted the gate she flew out through the gates into the sights of the ballista’s aging, with her back to them. Looked great though.
  • Tyrion walking around alone probably isn’t the best idea, just takes one soldier to jump out and kill him.=
  • Love Jon: ‘No get back, get back’ trying to stop the violence then immediately has to slash some guys guts open. It happened a few times. He was protecting himself.
  • Danny’s flying patterns on the way to the red keep, perhaps she was trying to draw her sigil in fire for the lols.
  • Euron bs Jamie, completely unnecessary. Just for the sake of Euron’s Ending he washes up onto the beach at the exact right moment.
  • Arya scene, I heard it was a one take shot but they cut it up to contrast it with Cleganebowl.
  • Cersei’s death, at first I didn’t like it but someone said something like. She died while her world was literally crashing in around her. Also as they came into the world together so they went out. I liked that symmetry. However I still don’t like Jamie’s arc turning out to be full circle, he had grown to much for that.
  • The scene of the charcoaled bodies had a bit of Pompeii to me.

Cleganebowl:
  • first time I wasn’t quite sure I liked it but the lead in, stare off and the background action gave it a lot more depth on second viewing how poetic Sandor kills his brother and dies himself in fire.
  • Loved the hound say ‘ yeah, that’s you. That’s what you’ve always been.’ almost like his exterior appearance now reflects the cruel hateful sicko he’s always been.
  • The double eye gouge, head explosion. Oh mountain, never try your signature winning move a second time, it never work on tv. He mustn’t of ever watched karate kid 2.
  • The hound just laughing when mountain wouldn’t die, and he’s getting beaten to death, so the hound.

A couple of other things:

• The score and cinematography was excellent as were the special effects.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
  • Jon sighs when Varys say ‘we both know what she is going to do, almost with acceptance. But is loyal to a fault as usual.
  • Danny parts all the blame back on Jon as the betrayer because he assumed Sansa would hold true to an oath as he would. Almost not caring it is actually Varys. Also looks like a full ice addict.
  • Varys death was so well done, the moment with Tyrion, his final words and the way Drogon just appears from the dark abyss was so well lighted. Even Jon’s doubtful squint.
  • Danny Jon scene only needed her to break out in a Wesrerosi version of foreigners ‘I want to know what love is.’
  • Danny tells Tyrion she has Jaime and then says the next time you fail will be the last. Setting him up a bit.
  • The hound looked awesome walking into the city with the hood on, looked like a Jedi/sith. Also, the woman and her child he pushed past to get in die.
  • Danny comes in to KL super low which I think worked ok showing they didn’t have time to adjust the balista’s. However, we saw last episode that they can shoot these things about 5k, so really should have at least been able to get a couple shots off. But she did immediately go skyward after the first volley so that had no chance to reset after that. I’ve started an argument with myself.
  • Thought is funny after she blasted the gate she flew out through the gates into the sights of the ballista’s aging, with her back to them. Looked great though.
  • Tyrion walking around alone probably isn’t the best idea, just takes one soldier to jump out and kill him.=
  • Love Jon: ‘No get back, get back’ trying to stop the violence then immediately has to slash some guys guts open. It happened a few times. He was protecting himself.
  • Danny’s flying patterns on the way to the red keep, perhaps she was trying to draw her sigil in fire for the lols.
  • Euron bs Jamie, completely unnecessary. Just for the sake of Euron’s Ending he washes up onto the beach at the exact right moment.
  • Arya scene, I heard it was a one take shot but they cut it up to contrast it with Cleganebowl.
  • Cersei’s death, at first I didn’t like it but someone said something like. She died while her world was literally crashing in around her. Also as they came into the world together so they went out. I liked that symmetry. However I still don’t like Jamie’s arc turning out to be full circle, he had grown to much for that.

Cleganebowl:
  • first time I wasn’t quite sure I liked it but the lead in, stare off and the background action gave it a lot more depth on second viewing how poetic Sandor kills his brother and dies himself in fire.
  • Loved the hound say ‘ yeah, that’s you. That’s what you’ve always been.’ almost like his exterior appearance now reflects the cruel hateful sicko he’s always been.
  • The double eye gouge, head explosion. Oh mountain, never try your signature winning move a second time, it never work on tv. He mustn’t of ever watched karate kid 2.
  • The hound just laughing when mountain wouldn’t die, and he’s getting beaten to death, so the hound.

Man I hope that ruined the episode for someone

Man I hope that ruined the episode for someone
A bit sad.

If someone hasn’t watched by likely they won’t. Those who haven’t would see from the first sentence not to read on. Not like there aren’t any spoilers out there.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
A bit sad.

If someone hasn’t watched by likely they won’t. Those who haven’t would see from the first sentence not to read on. Not like there aren’t any spoilers out there.

I was planning to watch the first how ever many seasons tonight starting with episode 5 but I guess you've ruined it for me

I was planning to watch the first how ever many seasons tonight starting with episode 5 but I guess you've ruined it for me
Then you’d have to be happy as it’s been ruined for someone.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
A bit sad.

Im 1 of those campaigners who knows i shouldnt keep reading but 100% do it anyways with spoilers for everything. lucky i watched it yesterday

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cleganebowl:

Seriously this series is shite. Wasted 2 eps on getting pissed then the rest is just rushed its nothing like first few series. waited this long for Cleganebowl and got a 5 ******* minute battle. not to mention the actual battle with the white walkers waited 8 season for those poxy dead campaigners to kill not a damn thing. Id finish it with Bran getting the throne looks up and his eyes turn blue. Itll go perfect with the million other rushed or untied ends.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Cleganebowl:

In the nicest possible way, sometimes it’s good to talk to someone. Nobody here will think the less of you if you choose to engage a trained professional

I lol’d at people staring go fund me pages in an attempt to redo the season. People are losing their minds over it.

And lol at people who have called the daughters Khaleesi or Daenerys.

Shittest ******* episode ever so frustrated at how they ruined this series
I agree the pacing has been poor, but this plot point was actually foreshadowed dozens of times and will likely be the third 'big twist' from the books.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree the pacing has been poor, but this plot point was actually foreshadowed dozens of times and will likely be the third 'big twist' from the books.

'muh foreshadowing'

Spare me mate. Dany explicitly didn't slaughter civilians in the earlier seasons (Even when she hung the masters she only crucified the exact amount to match the slaves that the masters crucified). They have also slaughtered Jamies arc, Cersei went from invincible plot armor to useless just like Ramsay and don't get me started on how rubbish the fight against the Nights King forces was.

'muh foreshadowing'

Spare me mate. Dany explicitly didn't slaughter civilians in the earlier seasons (Even when she hung the masters she only crucified the exact amount to match the slaves that the masters crucified). They have also slaughtered Jamies arc, Cersei went from invincible plot armor to useless just like Ramsay and don't get me started on how rubbish the fight against the Nights King forces was.
Dany threatened to burn cities to the ground on numerous occasions, but was always advised against it. Just so happens that she didn't have any advisors left, they'd either died or committed treason, when she was on that dragon all by herself. Agree on Jamie, but I'm hoping that hug between them will become a Valonqar type of death in the books. Ramsay? He was always given too much rope, and his arrogance went against him. Only reason he lost was the Vale. Thought his story was perfect. The NK thing was poorly paced and dealt with - huge waste of time.

Mixed feelings with Danny burning KL. GoT never was a story of good vs evil but rather a story of humans doing human s**t to get what they wanted. It's within the themes of the story for a "good" character to do something horrid. However, more work had to be put into setting the audience up for Danny's fall into madness. There was enough there to tell us the razing of KL was going to happen, but not enough to make us believe it should.

The only 100% "good" characters are Jon and his uncle Ned. Makes me wonder if Jon is going to be executed by Danny in the final episode to reinforce the idea that in the cut throat world of Got, nice guys finish last.

Mixed feelings with Danny burning KL. GoT never was a story of good vs evil but rather a story of humans doing human **** to get what they wanted. It's within the themes of the story for a "good" character to do something horrid. However, more work had to be put into setting the audience up for Danny's fall into madness. There was enough there to tell us the razing of KL was going to happen, but not enough to make us believe it should.

The only 100% "good" characters are Jon and his uncle Ned. Makes me wonder if Jon is going to be executed by Danny in the final episode to reinforce the idea that in the cut throat world of Got, nice guys finish last.
I'm not one of those people that thinks every character has to fulfil an arc, because the point of GoT is that many of those arcs go unfulfilled due to bad decisions and bad luck. Having said that, Jon has been a bit part player this season and will surely go big in the final episode. Would be totally unsurprised if we had a 'dracarys'/unburnt moment with him. He's pretty much the only one left who can give the realm anything resembling a happy ending, and there's no way Daenerys survives this episode and he doesn't.

PS: Tommen was a good bloke too.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
'muh foreshadowing'

I liked the episode. Danny's move was totally rational if you ask me, and I'm not talking about the fact she is a Tagaeryan and might be mad. The fact is, at the moment the battle was won, there you are, realizing the throne is about to change hands. Also realizing you have no allies, or incompetent ones (Tyrion). You realize Jon has the legitimate claim to the throne, and much more support, even if he does not want it himself. You have just lost the throne.

You have dedicated your whole life to reclaiming the throne, and the only way to be the most legitimate is to have everyone fear you given what has passed. So I didn't interpret her as going mad, or even acting on her burn the city down impulse. I interpreted her actions as being the only possible course of action if she still wanted to sit on the iron throne

the story arc I find confusing is tyrion lannister suddenly becoming an idiot in the last two seasons

P.S.Am I the only one who has just started watching from episode 1 season 1 again?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
This thread

86DA2199-4A57-4A37-8CF6-0848F085C61E.gif

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I am a total ******* idiot.

I have just been notified that I’ve been successful in a selection process that will see me promoted to a newly minted acting position at work for the next twelve months. Yay and so forth. Except I really really don’t want the job and never did want it. I was submitting an application for what seemed like very subtle and “clever” reasons of my own while absolutely convinced that there was literally no way I would get the gig. I am such a mammoth tool.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am a total ******* idiot.

I have just been notified that I’ve been successful in a selection process that will see me promoted to a newly minted acting position at work for the next twelve months. Yay and so forth. Except I really really don’t want the job and never did want it. I was submitting an application for what seemed like very subtle and “clever” reasons of my own while absolutely convinced that there was literally no way I would get the gig. I am such a mammoth tool.

Pay rise? If no pay rise, you are an idiot. "Acting" position - more workload but you have a different job title and get to pretend you're more important!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Pay rise? If no pay rise, you are an idiot. "Acting" position - more workload but you have a different job title and get to pretend you're more important!
Yes to pay rise - which is making me think I should just accept rather than rock boats. I decided to give it 24 hours cool off thinking time before I do anything stupid.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes to pay rise - which is making me think I should just accept rather than rock boats. I decided to give it 24 hours cool off thinking time before I do anything stupid.

Fair enough. 12 months isn't that long in the scheme of things, although you haven't said anything about the role and it could be a bastard of a job. If you're getting fair compensation for your time and your old job will still be there to go back to after the contract, what's the ruckus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back