Remove this Banner Ad

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
G'day all, hopefully someone can help me-
I just got a very random charge today from the club?

On the bank statement it says: "MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLU DOCKLANDS, 1101"
And they have just charged me $65.00?

I rechecked and confirmed that my MFC membership went through in April ($60 for MCC partnership one), and I've never bought anything else from the club!

What the hell? If anyone else has a mcc/mfc membership, or even if you just have a normal one- could you check and see if you've had the same charge?

Very disturbing! Any ideas on a course of action? Is it even legit?

That must be it..
So they've increased the price, and put through a transaction I certainly didn't approve. (my initial and one off transaction was in April this year)..

Angry call tomorrow. That's for sure. Not the time to be un-authorized auto-debiting money from me.

Getting more and more disenheartened by this club.

My first debit happened today (trident), I'd just give the club a call and ask what it's about.

It could be a mistake or they may have changed your once off payment from April to November so your counted sooner.

$5 more is probably just that but I'm sure they will enlighten you.

Just call the club and enquire about it, no need to get angry and disheartened about it mate.

That must be it..
So they've increased the price, and put through a transaction I certainly didn't approve. (my initial and one off transaction was in April this year)..

Angry call tomorrow. That's for sure. Not the time to be un-authorized auto-debiting money from me.

Getting more and more disenheartened by this club.
Don't be one of 'those guys' that end up abusing the poor customer service person behind the phone who had nothing to do with it. For all you know you accidentally clicked or ticked auto renew when you signed up last year.

Not goin to abuse any call centre chick- I feel pretty honored to actually be calling someone in the same country as I'm in!
But, knowing that I didn't tick any boxes for auto-renew, it's more a case of making the club aware that this has happened..

If it happened to me, then who knows how many other people have had money withdrawn from their account unauthorized..

These sort of oversights can hurt companies big time- hell, tiger airways were just find 200k for not having a functioning "unsubscribe" link in their promotional emails.. If there's a problem, it needs fixing.

You would of received a letter saying that there will be an auto renewal and that the payment was coming out on Nov 1...some people may have skimmed over it, I know I did the first time.

And they also text you.

By all means let them know what's happened and give them a chance to fix it. But stay calm. Think about what hell they must be going through working in that office knowing the club has its head in a collective noose. The last thing they need is more angst right now. Mistakes happen. No biggie.

Anyone who fails to notice a mistaken charge on their statement obviously doesn't care too much or has so much money it doesn't make an impact. I do a monthly scan through my CC charges and it's easy to spot anything strange - takes all of a minute. Just part of normal housekeeping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back