Random Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Government could end the need to protest, rather than complain about said protests.

Take steps to acknowledge and fix the problems, it is within your power to do so ... if you wanted to.

Have any health authorities said that protesting is great, but make sure you quarantine after? Or is that too-simple-an-answer to work?

FFS superdooper new farsher mod!!!!!!!

You just had too ….

that was a terribly ignorant thing to suggest but I gotta say this pandemic has been the making of him for mine - was a bloke going nowhere prior to all this - still might be I s'pose........

that was a terribly ignorant thing to suggest but I gotta say this pandemic has been the making of him for mine - was a bloke going nowhere prior to all this - still might be I s'pose........

Funny thing about this, if there is one, Jacinta acted upon the information gathered and put out by ScoMo first ….. just saying.

Following on from my post #103 here’s the PM backtracking today.

His stupidity is bountiful.
It's very rarely talked about. No excuse for him, but I'm sure this is coming as news to many people.

We've come a long way in a short time, but there's plenty to do still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe.

It's still moronic to March amidst a global pandemic when it's a state of emergency and the states CHO is pleading with people not to

Maybe.

It's still moronic to March amidst a global pandemic when it's a state of emergency and the states CHO is pleading with people not to
Come on Ninja Warrior I thought we’d put this one to bed.

Here’s an observation from my diary note today.

“We hadhot drinks and shared a toastie at JMs.

We dropped into Harris-Scarfe and purchased a Shaynna Blaze sheet and pillow set.

I find it amusing that that many people in a shop don’t get arrested or harassed for gathering in numbers which could endanger public health.🤔

Interesting juxtaposition don’t ya think. I wonder what it’s like at Chadstone?

Think the colours originate from the flag design. Expect a cease and desist notice from Bud's business partners.
They‘re not Bud‘s business partners. And he’s withdrawn the clothing that offended his brothers and sisters by dealing with a dubious outfit that claims to represent the man who designed the flag. This is exploitation. That flag belongs to the nation.

They‘re not Bud‘s business partners. And he’s withdrawn the clothing that offended his brothers and sisters by dealing with a dubious outfit that claims to represent the man who designed the flag. This is exploitation. That flag belongs to the nation.
It's a grouse flag, probably prefer it to our current one.

This is a public service announcement for those on super pensions.

I’ve got to admit that the minister responsible for this area of government policy doesn’t fill me with confidence.

This is a public service announcement for those on super pensions.

I’ve got to admit that the minister responsible for this area of government policy doesn’t fill me with confidence.
FMD, not the kind of decision you want made on your behalf with no consultation.

Is there anyone in Cabinet thinking about the effect of policies on people or do they not care?

FMD, not the kind of decision you want made on your behalf with no consultation.

Is there anyone in Cabinet thinking about the effect of policies on people or do they not care?
Mrs Robbo receives a pension but it is based on taking a percentage of her lump sum per annum to fund her payments. She accesses more than the minimum withdrawal which means her lump sum is reducing. She (we) have no other means of income. No rental property. No franking credits. We get the tax advantage which means we’re not paying income tax (like we did as PAYE workers). Robbo’s payment is different. Mine is a lifetime pension. As it’s guaranteed income it props up Mrs Robbo’s (in a sense) which means it will last longer.

I suppose what I’m trying to say that after we retire we receive our money in so many different ways.

Firstly I agree with you. The lack of consultation is poor. The indifference of the Minister with responsibility is a concern.

As for the article. The idea that nonplussed me from reading the article was the example of the woman getting half the amount from 1/7/20 based on the same figure pre 1/7/20. WTF! It just doesn’t sound right.

Mrs Robbo called her financial man and was reassured that this would not effect her.

Now my take based on what he said.

I think those most effected will be people who access some of their living money from outside a pension. They have been able to maintain their lump sum amount in the super fund (through reinvestment) because they withdraw the minimum amount. This measure will make them withdraw a higher % each year to get the same amount as pre 1/7/20. And their lump sum will reduce despite reinvestment. Lots of generous advantages in super and I think this might be a change to make it fairer for everyone.

Or this could be all bollocks because understanding super is impossible.

I couldn’t let this one go through to the ‘keeper.

“Professor Forsyth said without the amendment, priests and other ministers of religion would be excluded from JobKeeper because they were not technically employees.

So far, more than a million short-term casual workers, university employees and migrant workers have been excluded from JobKeeper. Professor Forsyth said they had a right to be upset about the Government's decision.”

The question that has to be is answered is why?

Maybe.

Dear repressed minorities - please put your anger and outrage on hold till such a time as it suits Ninja Worrier. That's great, thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back