Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you've done the theme parks and the beach it's a soulless shithole. Not great for families.
I love Queensland, I grew up there!! If I could live anywhere it would be there. Best fishing, beaches, waves, camping in Australia!

Strong connections to family and a strong support network for my son with non-verbal autism is what keeps us in SA though. He is more important to me then the world!

I used to think the same.

Not anymore, 62K Vics moving there this year alone...

I think the most sole less place in Oz at the moment is the Melbourne CBD and surrounds. It's a ghost town and with the lack of people living in and around it, the place will only get worse... Breaks my heart...
I concur, I'm in the inner-north and I thought it was good - but; apart from Fitzroy there's actually not a lot to write home about. Granted, I am comparing it to London where I spent the prior two years of my adult life however, I don't see the appeal of the inner suburbs of Melbourne. My partner and I are due to move down to Torquay in a couple of weeks. House and land cost about $740k all in and it's a beautiful home, way nicer than the terrace houses going for up to $2m in our street..

Been going through my head the last month.

My cousin who grew up on Phillip Island moved up there in his early twenties.

Hes a bit further north but just loves the life style.

Whilst we are stuck in our homes for weeks and months on end. I just get constant snap chats from him in the sunshine.

Out on the tinny fishing or going for cruises on his yacht for a week or two at a time.

When he's not working his constantly on different beautiful beaches, out on the water etc. His winter is like our summer.

Mean while we're stuck in lockdown for week after week. Just hoping our state government will be kind enough to let me play golf once a week in the cold Melbourne weather.
It's never too late for a sea change! can confirm the camping/beaches up here is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back