Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, gonna take a lot more than a few measly likes to stop me posting in the no discussion thread!

If I could be silenced so easily, my wife would have tried by now. And my kids. My friends, colleagues, neighbours...

Got to get my Pfizer jab tomorrow... :cryv1:

If I don't make it... Due to excessive woosyness to needles... Bigfooty it's been fun...
Also if I don't make it back... I will leave the small number of likes I may have accumulated somewhere to ferrisb ,
so he will stop posting in the bluemour no discussion thread :tongueoutv1:
You’ll be fine just jab yr non dominant arm in the event of some soreness, the numbness passes quickly. If a little fever should develop take a paracetamol and sleep it off.
I’ve had both no issues at all.

If I don't make it... Due to excessive woosyness to needles... Bigfooty it's been fun...
Also if I don't make it back... I will leave the small number of likes I may have accumulated somewhere to ferrisb ,

Just don't look at the needle

Having my second AZ shot tomorrow.
Thanks for the memories. 😪

Got mine a week ago, it's just a second, followed by a waiting room.
Got my first dose this morning.

The lady at the counter hesitated when I said I was there for Pfizer. She seemed slightly surprised when I said I was 40yo.

Highlight of my week so far!
Look at all these youngsters :p

Got my first dose this morning.

The lady at the counter hesitated when I said I was there for Pfizer. She seemed slightly surprised when I said I was 40yo.

Highlight of my week so far!
Make sure you tell the nurse and they won't let you face plant during the injection!

Godspeed
got my jab last week - doc spent the entire time reading the wall charts, then he jabs me and limps out of the room - it hit me with a rush, pfizer soze........
So anyone up to date how it goes with cocktails of other drugs?
Currently on Palexia, Endone, Lyrica, Nurofen, Panadol Osteo and Aspirin to prevent clotting. Splitting Endone and Lyrica with single dose of each daily because multi dose of Lyrica has too many side effects, yet it is the best thing for my nerve pain.

Was going to wait until off all of this sh1t for the AZ jab with all of the potential dramas from the jab. Anyone have any opinion if my cocktail would be beneficial or otherwise in conjunction?

Currently on Palexia, Endone, Lyrica, Nurofen, Panadol Osteo and Aspirin to prevent clotting. Splitting Endone and Lyrica with single dose of each daily because multi dose of Lyrica has too many side effects, yet it is the best thing for my nerve pain.

Was going to wait until off all of this sh1t for the AZ jab with all of the potential dramas from the jab. Anyone have any opinion if my cocktail would be beneficial or otherwise in conjunction?

Why don’t you head off to the Essendon Board for this sort of advice they’re after all the acknowledged chemical experts.

:p

Last edited:

My strong opinion is you need proper advice, not from a footy forum.

When you go for your jab they do ask what medication you are on. If you are on blood thinners because of clotting I would assume that would rule AZ out and you’d eligible for Pfizer. But as I said, get some proper advice.

My strong opinion is you need proper advice, not from a footy forum.

When you go for your jab they do ask what medication you are on. If you are on blood thinners because of clotting I would assume that would rule AZ out and you’d eligible for Pfizer. But as I said, get some proper advice.
Mate, just babbling, not seriously going to take advice from here, adding to banter so to speak. Is an interesting quandary however.

Edit: How many trust the new breed of GP’s who tap your symptoms in to a computer before offering a possible diagnosis, often without a physical exam? I have a massive variety of drugs at my disposal currently, pretty much prescribed at my request and dosage regulated by me. Scary how open it is to abuse. Drugs justified after major surgery, but minimal supervision is perplexing.

Last edited:

That is certainly a cocktail of drugs right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd suggest you ask your doctor but I took a cortisone shot in my knee two hours before getting my first AZ shot as well as being on a few other meds and my doctor wasn't concerned.

Having my second AZ shot tomorrow.
Thanks
Getting my second AZ on Saturday. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Getting mine on Friday. Gee, hasn't COVID changed so many things.
In the 'old days', i would always cough to try and hide a fart. These days, I fart to try and hide a cough..

Strange times indeed.

I assume asking for advice here is humour…but just in case, the answer is ask your doctor.

The club's paying Worsfold a retainer for something, may as well be to give you pharmaceutical advice (good luck)

Mate, just babbling, not seriously going to take advice from here, adding to banter so to speak. Is an interesting quandary however.

Edit: How many trust the new breed of GP’s who tap your symptoms in to a computer before offering a possible diagnosis, often without a physical exam? I have a massive variety of drugs at my disposal currently, pretty much prescribed at my request and dosage regulated by me. Scary how open it is to abuse. Drugs justified after major surgery, but minimal supervision is perplexing.

My “family” GP told my old lady that there’s no point in her getting the AZ now and that she should wait out for the Pfizer as she’s on high blood pressure meds. I know a lot of GP’s are butting pushers, as you say, but there are some good ones out there that’ll give honest advice. Get yourself a good GP and they’re worth their weight on gold.

There have been 43 cases of blood clotting in Australia due to Astra Zeneca injections - at the same time there have been 6.3M injections of AZ.
This means that the chances of having a clotting side effect are [43/6,300,000] = 0.000000683%. So far there have been 2 deaths related to these clots.

I would be more concerned about getting COVID than the almost infinitesimal chances of negative side effects from vaccines.

I can't blame people for being scared and confused and unfortunately it seems that >80% vaccination levels will be a pipe dream for the foreseeable future- partly because of fear and partly because apparently vaccination wasn't a race.

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been 43 cases of blood clotting in Australia due to Astra Zeneca injections - at the same time there have been 6.3M injections of AZ.
This means that the chances of having a clotting side effect are [43/6,300,000] = 0.000000683%. So far there have been 2 deaths related to these clots.

I would be more concerned about getting COVID than the almost infinitesimal chances of negative side effects from vaccines.

I can't blame people for being scared and confused and unfortunately it seems that >80% vaccination levels will be a pipe dream for the foreseeable future- partly because of fear and partly because apparently vaccination wasn't a race.

Gotta multiply by 100 to get percentage. But yeah, it's still extremely low.

In Aus, there have been 25,547,468 tests and 34,833 cases. Also an extremely low percentage --> 0.13%

Covid tests to deaths ratio in Aus is very similar percentage to deaths from AZ vaccine.

My point is, these are also infinitesimal chances, yet it hasn't stopped the world from being extremely cautious of it.

I would be more concerned about getting COVID than the almost infinitesimal chances of negative side effects from vaccines

and partly because the earth is flat apparently. 🤨🥺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back