Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Outside" cases, as clarified above. Yes, there are none of those.
Looks like at least some of AAMI Park and MCG cases were outside transmissions.

"Patrons at the Carlton versus Geelong AFL game who authorities thought could not have had direct exposure to the infected man had tested positive, forcing authorities to expand the group of people who need to isolate for 14 days, and to ask some people to undergo a second test.

Mr Weimar said authorities had also found a third case linked to the AAMI Park rugby game last Tuesday who was unlikely to have had close contact with the infected case at the stadium."

1627360072035.png

Lmao, I've quarantined but also believe my freedoms are being eroded so which category do I fall into? Perhaps just a guy doing the right thing but worried about the potentiality of government control? Is that so shocking?

I don't know what category you fall in George.

Which specific freedoms do you believe are being eroded?

I don't know what category you fall in George.

Which specific freedoms do you believe are being eroded?
Gee I don't know Sully, perhaps being forced to inject an experimental substance into my body because of my government. Perhaps not being allowed out of my own home unless I'm shopping working or exercising. Perhaps people not being able to be at their loved ones funerals. Perhaps being required to tell the government of our every movement via a QR check in. Perhaps companies pushing for people to not be able to make a living because they haven't taken a vaccine. Perhaps not being allowed to move more than 5 kilometres from your front door.

I mean seriously, you talk as if it's crackpot lunacy to suggest our freedoms are being eroded? My Health Record, constant surveillance, these are things that were happening before the pandemic and it is getting worse. I don't know many that want to live in a dictatorship like it to be honest.

Gee I don't know Sully, perhaps being forced to inject an experimental substance into my body because of my government. Perhaps not being allowed out of my own home unless I'm shopping working or exercising. Perhaps people not being able to be at their loved ones funerals. Perhaps being required to tell the government of our every movement via a QR check in. Perhaps companies pushing for people to not be able to make a living because they haven't taken a vaccine. Perhaps not being allowed to move more than 5 kilometres from your front door.

I mean seriously, you talk as if it's crackpot lunacy to suggest our freedoms are being eroded? My Health Record, constant surveillance, these are things that were happening before the pandemic and it is getting worse. I don't know many that want to live in a dictatorship like it to be honest.

All necessary to fight this insipid virus.

If you can't see that, your point of view is selfish imo

Nobody is enjoying the lockdowns. Fortunately most can understand why it needs to happen.

Are you being forced to be vaccinated?

"Outside" cases, as clarified above. Yes, there are none of those.
And you know that how? There's still 40 cases a day linked to unknown sources in NSW and you're able to confidently say not a single one occurred outside when the best epidemiologists in the country can't? That's an amazing talent. Also, the fact that we wear masks, socially distance and get vaccines all lead to reduced transmission so you're disproving your own "point".

An experimental substance? 😂
What do you think a craft beer is george? Do you have any moral dilemmas having a pint? Vaccines are the single most stringently regulated mass produced item in the world. They require unprecedented amounts of safety checks to even begin clinical trials. So yes, more info can and will come out but insinuating that there's a legitimate likely risk of anything happening to you after taking either of the vaccines available in Australia is precisely why people call you a conspirqcy theorist. Don't mistake you not understanding how something works for it not working or there not being proof it works.

All necessary to fight this insipid virus.

If you can't see that, your point of view is selfish imo

Nobody is enjoying the lockdowns. Fortunately most can understand why it needs to happen.

Are you being forced to be vaccinated?
You would have to be pretty naive to not think your freedoms are being eroded. This hasn't just been happening during the pandemic, this has been going on for far longer. I'd be happy for you to point out how that isn't the case, especially pre pandemic.

Am I being forced to be vaccinated. At this very moment and in a literal sense, no. But when government want to restrict people they don't do it all at once do they, they roll it out slowly so there's more that comply. There's already been talk about companies pushing for not employing people who don't get the shot. There's Airlines discussing making it mandatory to travel. There's sport and entertainment discussing making it mandatory to be allowed into events. A university in California has recently made it mandatory to be vaccinated if students want to attend.

It's not a choice to take the vaccine when not taking it removes very basic fundamentals required to make a living. That's not a choice, and people would be fools to think it is. That's what I'm worried about. I'm worried about it getting to that point. And it's worrying that discussions around those things are already being had at those government levels.

An experimental substance? 😂
What do you think a craft beer is george? Do you have any moral dilemmas having a pint? Vaccines are the single most stringently regulated mass produced item in the world. They require unprecedented amounts of safety checks to even begin clinical trials. So yes, more info can and will come out but insinuating that there's a legitimate likely risk of anything happening to you after taking either of the vaccines available in Australia is precisely why people call you a conspirqcy theorist. Don't mistake you not understanding how something works for it not working or there not being proof it works.
Again you haven't read any of my previous comments on it, don't get so defensive about it. I've said that it is safe and I would take it eventually, I also said that it's still experimental. No need to try get me on technicalities.

I didn't say there was a legitimate likely risk at all, I said the risk is very unlikely and there's a very small percent of people who have had severe side effects to it LMAO.

This is what I said

Yes I have. Ultimately I will give up and just get it, but I do want to wait for now anyway until more research has been done because it's still really an experimental vaccine despite the small amount who have severe side effects to it.

Don't need to spin what people say and put words in their mouth when they don't agree with you mate

.....What are your thoughts on the WEF?

World Economic Forum

Wonder why they've called it The Great Reset. What are they planning to reset - start again?)
New World Order :oops:

"There is an urgent need for global stakeholders to cooperate in simultaneously managing the direct consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. To improve the state of the world, the World Economic Forum is starting The Great Reset initiative."

World Economic Forum

Wonder why they've called it The Great Reset. What are they planning to reset - start again?)

"There is an urgent need for global stakeholders to cooperate in simultaneously managing the direct consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. To improve the state of the world, the World Economic Forum is starting The Great Reset initiative."
It's not possible, people around the world are too stupid to conspire with one another.

You would have to be pretty naive to not think your freedoms are being eroded. This hasn't just been happening during the pandemic, this has been going on for far longer. I'd be happy for you to point out how that isn't the case, especially pre pandemic.

Am I being forced to be vaccinated. At this very moment and in a literal sense, no. But when government want to restrict people they don't do it all at once do they, they roll it out slowly so there's more that comply. There's already been talk about companies pushing for not employing people who don't get the shot. There's Airlines discussing making it mandatory to travel. There's sport and entertainment discussing making it mandatory to be allowed into events. A university in California has recently made it mandatory to be vaccinated if students want to attend.

It's not a choice to take the vaccine when not taking it removes very basic fundamentals required to make a living. That's not a choice, and people would be fools to think it is. That's what I'm worried about. I'm worried about it getting to that point. And it's worrying that discussions around those things are already being had at those government levels.

I agree with you about the erosion of freedoms. Sure a lot of it is required now, but if people think that the authorities will not take advantage post covid, I have a bridge to sell them. The simple fact of the matter is that people seek what they want. Those people who have power, have it becouse they wanted it. They will always seek more and more.

Like us seeking St Kilda victories. My NRL team is St George, they won 11 premierships in a row, and I can tell you their fans wanted more. If St Kilda won 11 flags in a row, we would all be demanding more.

Again you haven't read any of my previous comments on it, don't get so defensive about it. I've said that it is safe and I would take it eventually, I also said that it's still experimental. No need to try get me on technicalities.

I didn't say there was a legitimate likely risk at all, I said the risk is very unlikely and there's a very small percent of people who have had severe side effects to it LMAO.

This is what I said

Don't need to spin what people say and put words in their mouth when they don't agree with you mate
I'm not spinning your words at all. You said "experimental substance" in regards to a highly regulated vaccine, I just highlighted why your insinuation is essentially unfounded. I'm not attacking you George I just don't think you know what you're talking about on this topic and you're entirely unwilling to engage anyone unless you get to throw ad hominems freely without anyone criticising you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you about the erosion of freedoms. Sure a lot of it is required now, but if people think that the authorities will not take advantage post covid, I have a bridge to sell them. The simple fact of the matter is that people seek what they want. Those people who have power, have it becouse they wanted it. They will always seek more and more.

Like us seeking St Kilda victories. My NRL team is St George, they won 11 premierships in a row, and I can tell you their fans wanted more. If St Kilda won 11 flags in a row, we would all be demanding more.
Yep you are right and ultimately this is my concern. I guess those trying to argue with me about taking the vaccine or not are missing the point. I've said the vaccine is safe despite it still being experimental and I'll probably take it but I can still question the governments handling of the people they are elected to govern because it goes beyond just taking a vaccine or not. If we sit and willingly allow politicians to not let us out of our own homes after 8pm, watch our every movement, silence and fine anyone that disagrees and tell us where we can and cannot go then that is heading towards something that looks like a communist society. Who wants to live like that? Those in power need to be held to account, there needs to be some push back otherwise they will do whatever they want.

I'm not spinning your words at all. You said "experimental substance" in regards to a highly regulated vaccine, I just highlighted why your insinuation is essentially unfounded. I'm not attacking you George I just don't think you know what you're talking about on this topic and you're entirely unwilling to engage anyone unless you get to throw ad hominems freely without anyone criticising you.
You've taken my comments out of context twice now. I even quoted the post for you to show you that you were wrong and you ignored it. I didn't insinuate anything, I explained myself quite clearly and have said in previous comments that generally its pretty safe. I've said I'll eventually take it and I'd be an idiot to take something I didn't think was safe. You didn't highlight anything, you took my comments out of context and spun them to make it seem like I was trying to say many more people were dying from the vaccine than was actually the case. It's disingenuous, you don't need to do that to people that disagree with your overall view.

Is saying it's experimental wrong? Saying it's experimental does not mean I won't take it. It's just a simple fact. It's experimental. I will wait to hear more. You put words in my mouth because you assumed what I meant.

You don't think you know what I'm talking about but you agree with me so you must not know what you're talking about either? We've both said it is generally safe and the risk is minimal, so what are you complaining about?

I'm more than willing to engage with people. Again you go and throw words out there and spin situations to make it fit your narrative. I've been going back and forth with many on here for a week, maybe more. What screams "not willing to engage" to you based on that? Did you just make it up because I have a different opinion to you?

If you think that maintaining health records is about "loss of liberty " you have serious issues.
It was done for a reason and its a good reason.

You've taken my comments out of context twice now. I even quoted the post for you to show you that you were wrong and you ignored it. I didn't insinuate anything, I explained myself quite clearly and have said in previous comments that generally its pretty safe. I've said I'll eventually take it and I'd be an idiot to take something I didn't think was safe. You didn't highlight anything, you took my comments out of context and spun them to make it seem like I was trying to say many more people were dying from the vaccine than was actually the case. It's disingenuous, you don't need to do that to people that disagree with your overall view.

Is saying it's experimental wrong? Saying it's experimental does not mean I won't take it. It's just a simple fact. It's experimental. I will wait to hear more. You put words in my mouth because you assumed what I meant.

You don't think you know what I'm talking about but you agree with me so you must not know what you're talking about either? We've both said it is generally safe and the risk is minimal, so what are you complaining about?

I'm more than willing to engage with people. Again you go and throw words out there and spin situations to make it fit your narrative. I've been going back and forth with many on here for a week, maybe more. What screams "not willing to engage" to you based on that? Did you just make it up because I have a different opinion to you?

Apparently.

If you think that maintaining health records is about "loss of liberty " you have serious issues.
It was done for a reason and its a good reason.
Definitely plays a part in the surveillance and intrusion into people's privacy so of course it is part of a bigger issue. Serious issues...lol, try another insult.

Apparently.
Did you even read it LOL. It's easy to play that game anyway;

I don't even know why you are trying to argue with me on this point, I've already said it's safe and I would take it. Doesn't mean it's not experimental. Could you perhaps separate the two points so you don't have to waste your time? Taking 5 words out of a post to try and show it's a safe vaccine when the person you quoted has already said that. Jesus.

Definitely plays a part in the surveillance and intrusion into people's privacy so of course it is part of a bigger issue. Serious issues...lol, try another insult.

I don't even know why you are trying to argue with me on this point, I've already said it's safe and I would take it. Doesn't mean it's not experimental. Could you perhaps separate the two points so you don't have to waste your time? Taking 5 words out of a post to try and show it's a safe vaccine when the person you quoted has already said that. Jesus.

Definitely does not play a part in the surveillance and intrusion into peoples privacy. That's my opinion by the way, not a fact. I think its pretty good to know if i get dragged to hospital, my medical history will be available.

The vaccines are subject to side effects, many are, but why do you consider them experimental? I posted a link stating why they aren't.
Not fully approved does not mean experimental.

Definitely does not play a part in the surveillance and intrusion into peoples privacy. That's my opinion by the way, not a fact. I think its pretty good to know if i get dragged to hospital, my medical history will be available.

The vaccines are subject to side effects, many are, but why do you consider them experimental? I posted a link stating why they aren't.
Not fully approved does not mean experimental.
That's great mate. Once you can get past the fact that experimental does not mean unsafe, perhaps you can see the actual argument I am making. My issue has absolutely zero to do with the quality of a vaccine.

You always think way too specifically when you think about governments across the world conspiring with one another so it doesn't surprise me that you don't think it's possible. I don't agree with any overbearing government control so I agree entirely with your last bit. I don't care if it's a vaccine law or watching our movements, I don't agree with any of it. Because it's happening and we haven't discussed it here doesn't mean I agree with it. I don't agree with any of it.

You think it's too hard for them to work together - what do you think of the WEF for example?

Quite simply you think the virus is 100% serious and I think it's probably 60% serious. That's all it really is.

It doesn't sound like you are going to change your mind so probably not worth arguing. Hopefully we never get the virus here so badly that people are forced to take it seriously.

Sorry you know people that have died from it. So have I. That doesn't mean I have to change my view on it. You are missing my point. My point is not if we should take the vaccine or not. I don't care if you take it. I don't care if you don't take it. It's completely up to you and should be your decision and yours alone.

I've been critical of my freedoms being eroded for far longer than this pandemic, it's pretty naive for you to think people only complain about it now. And if they are only voicing their opinions now why is that hypocritical? We've never been told to go out for 4 reasons before. The growing concern over surveillance and governance has been like a cup of water that is about to overflow. This is the straw that has broken the camels back for many.

What are your thoughts on the WEF?

I actually don't know much about WEF but it was probably not set up for any more nefarious reasons than other things despite what you read on the internet.

People are coerced to be vaccinated for lots of things and it's stopped a s**t load of infant deaths and disabling diseases. People didn't want to give up drink driving, smoking in pubs, wear seatbelts, put money into super, have a healthcare system, have minimum education etc.

They already had us under surveillance. Pretty much the internet and phones took away all our privacy. They could track your movement through your cards being used, you phone triangulation, your internet use can work out all kinds of profiles etc. If they wanted to get you now they have the means.

You should get into politics if it's important or at least lobby the government to have it stopped. The best thing I ever learned was that they are our elected representatives. When I have s**t for my business that I'm not happy with I'm emailing the local members....and they get s**t done for you. They are obliged to take you seriously and at least raise your concerns. Ask them to follow it up and report back. In a democracy it's all you have and the way that you have some control. People don't realise you have power over them, get angry and demand action, they don't even have to be your favoured party. Enough do it and stuff changes.

Watched my Gaelic Football team at the weekend play in Croke Park. It's fantastic that the referee can review a score through hawkeye if the ball is higher than the posts- An easy fix for the AFL especially when goal umpires are normally positioned at the foot of the goalpost. Any insight why a professional sport like the AFL hasn't introduced it yet?

World Economic Forum

The great reset has been a dream for ever. Some way to reset capitalism in a fairer way. People hate change so doubt it happens. Here there was talk in politics that we could use the Covid disaster to reset our economy and find ways for a fairer system and our government went and gave the money set aside to rebuild the economy to the gas industry who pay no tax or royalties and are pirates. The great reset will be the great nothing happened and we'll just have to pay off the debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back