Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't listen to the noise Dan and Brett ...I think you've been doing a brilliant job in exceptional circumstances. .....I know there's 50 odd states in particular and probably as many countries that wished they had your stats which ever way our local Melbourne rag cares to distort your efforts, served up by the Herald Sun...Murdoch himself. I'm glad you've been the premier throughout this trying time. . ....
I would argue, however, that the Federal Govt could improve our odds by emptying the Broadmeadows Detention Centre of refugees that have been there longer than two years which is most of them. Then using the entire army barracks, in which the Detention Centre is situated... being predominantly empty, as the Hotel Quarantine base. This time Dan, accept The Army's assistance to efficiently contain and vet all people within the centre for the period of their quarantine. The razor wire and soldiers could effectively contain any people in quarantine. They wont be getting out of there until they are cleared of infection. If not Broadmeadows which is conveniently located near the Airport one should consider Puckapunyal.

Last edited:

It would have been my dream wedding, killing two birds ( anniversary as well ) on the same day each year.
One of my mates is planning for that next year.

Smart option and also avoids the have a wedding during footy season (Weddings on grand final should be banned IMO)

COVID lockdown has given me time to set up a new stereo set up I bought. I found a nice vintage 1980s Marantz amp, micro seiki TT and got some Dali Danish speakers off a mate and updated from a vintage Rotel and vintage KEF speakers. So much better. Monster speaker cables help too. This vinyl thing is getting obsessive now.

Gee the pitch India have produced is shocking not to test level

COVID lockdown has given me time to set up a new stereo set up I bought. I found a nice vintage 1980s Marantz amp, micro seiki TT and got some Dali Danish speakers off a mate and updated from a vintage Rotel and vintage KEF speakers. So much better. Monster speaker cables help too. This vinyl thing is getting obsessive now.

Want me to give you a list of what i have in the shed? Some of them only got played once. I used to buy the record, then tape them onto a blank metal cassette. Might be some at my mothers place too.
Don't know how well storage has treated them though.

Gee the pitch India have produced is shocking not to test level

At least it has "some" grass on it, unlike the one they used last test or the one to the left where India cut off grass and all that was left was arid dirt.

Want me to give you a list of what i have in the shed? Some of them only got played once. I used to buy the record, then tape them onto a blank metal cassette. Might be some at my mothers place too.
Don't know how well storage has treated them though.

For sure, I'll buy them off you if there is anything good.

My new stereo hasn't won fans, I was trying the volume out and one of the neighbours told me to "turn it down dickhead" I think it's the lawyer a few doors up with an outdoor speaker system who's teen age daughters play incessant loud Katy Perry and Tay Tay around the pool. Payback time, I need to find something noisy and grating.

My new stereo hasn't won fans, I was trying the volume out and one of the neighbours told me to "turn it down dickhead" I think it's the lawyer a few doors up with an outdoor speaker system who's teen age daughters play incessant loud Katy Perry and Tay Tay around the pool. Payback time, I need to find something noisy and grating.

That’s rough as. We’ve got superstar neighbours. Pretty sure I’ve tormented the neighbours over lockdown with a lot worse music than you would have played haha.

but yeah I have some suggestions if you need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can give you loud and brutal

I realised I don't own much loud stuff on vinyl, only the stuff middle aged men wouldn't mind like Led Zeppelin. I put on campy eurotrash electronic instead. That's annoying to anyone.

I realised I don't own much loud stuff on vinyl, only the stuff middle aged men wouldn't mind like Led Zeppelin. I put on campy eurotrash electronic instead. That's annoying to anyone.
My daughter and her partner have been bringing their vinyl over, stuff like Mac DeMarco and Childish Gambino, not my cup.of tea but is a difference to my Madness, Talking Heads and Gorillaz on constant repeat play

FMD - can I come back as an executive of Crown. The CEO of an organisation which has effectively been called corrupt by the regulator is now getting a $3M payout to leave even though he was the CFO of the same organistion during the period the regulator found these practices were occuring.

As I said - fmd!!!

Whack on some EDM or the initial D soundtrack.

I'd have to find it first. I'm addicted to finding records that are hard to get more than playing them I think. I need a real hobby, I had 2 copies of the same album and thought I might have a mint copy and playing copy of everything...then decided I might be becoming a boring sad * and sold one. I gave away the records I had about 5 years ago and now started buying those and more back. I was buying in the CD era but had some rare stuff you couldn't get unless on vinyl from record shops that were everywhere back then. You literally had to search stuff out for months back then or order it from overseas in store unless it was chart music.

FMD - can I come back as an executive of Crown. The CEO of an organisation which has effectively been called corrupt by the regulator is now getting a $3M payout to leave even though he was the CFO of the same organistion during the period the regulator found these practices were occuring.

As I said - fmd!!!

Corruption is so common now it's not even bad for your resume. I saw this on FB and it didn't even make mainstream news. It's just normal politician behaviour and accepted. The corporate world and politics is the same people as well.

She's a beauty;

5730.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back