Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up watching Roger Moore James Bond movies. I associated Moore with Bond & no other until Brosnan came along & then Craig. I have since I watched plenty of Connery Bond films. He is easily the best Bond. Craig very good but not Bond. Well not the Bond we were used to.
I only ever watched brosnan era bonds and I thought he was terrific but watching them back I’ve only got Lazenby and Connery to compare at the moment.

oh and I didn’t realise Desmond Llewelyn was Q all that time either. He is phenomenal.

The Godfather is great. Controversial, but I prefer the Godfather 2. Taxi Driver is a great 70s movie. Chinatown. The French Connection. Apocalypse Now. The Deer Hunter. Some memorable movies came out in the 70s.
Godfather part 2 is a very very close second for me. Agree with all of your movie selections. I would also add Dirty Harry and Dog Day Afternoon.

The Godfather is great. Controversial, but I prefer the Godfather 2. Taxi Driver is a great 70s movie. Chinatown. The French Connection. Apocalypse Now. The Deer Hunter. Some memorable movies came out in the 70s.

I like 70s cinema. De Palma was awesome too. Good bad movies.

About to start the Roger Moore era.
Started Live and Let Die. This movie was uncomfortable to watch - not sure if it’s the blaxploitation or the tone of the movie or something else but it doesn’t sit right with me. Moore is pretty good though. Slightly more English than his predecessor.

Godfather part 2 is a very very close second for me. Agree with all of your movie selections. I would also add Dirty Harry and Dog Day Afternoon.

Deliverance, Alien, heaps of good horror, David Lynch, Jodorowski. So many good movies, almost my favourite era of American cinema.

Deliverance, Alien, heaps of good horror, David Lynch, Jodorowski. So many good movies, almost my favourite era of American cinema.

Love that era.

Rocky is up there with my favourites.

The original and best was the catalyst for a lot of mediocre franchise sequels tho.

I grew up in the 80s thinking Rocky IV was the balls. The montage music alone was amazing. Wasn’t until I was a bit older I watched the original and realised that IV was fun but really just formulaic cheese.

Evil Dead, Evil Dead II , Evil Dead III - Army of Darkness. Evil Dead the Series.

My son had liked the new version of "Magnificent 7" and decided he wanted to watch some Westerns.
We tried True Grit, and some other highly acclaimed ones.

Then i got hold of
Clint Eastwood - Unforgiven and the slightly cheesy Quick and the Dead, and "Desperado/Once upon a time in Mexico"
Yep. Those ones worked. "Don't these new movie makers know its meant to be entertaining dad ".
I think Marvels "Jonah Hex" and "Django Unchained" went down ok too.
( He loved Cowboys vs Aliens when it came out ).

I watch some of the old Eastwood Westerns and i find they haven't dated too badly.

I like 70s cinema. De Palma was awesome too. Good bad movies.
Yea he directed some rippers. Scarface, Carlito’s Way & The Untouchables were awesome.

I am a sucker for cheesy 80s action movies. Arnie, Van Damme, Seagal, etc. **** & violence. Movies you don’t need to think about, just enjoy.

Yea he directed some rippers. Scarface, Carlito’s Way & The Untouchables were awesome.

I am a sucker for cheesy 80s action movies. Arnie, Van Damme, Seagal, etc. **** & violence. Movies you don’t need to think about, just enjoy.
Exactly I watch things I enjoy, what gets me is people complaining about how realistic etc films are.

It all depends on the context of course but just about everything we watch requires the suspension of disbelief. There are many reasons l like or dislike various movies but how realistic the plot is generally isn’t one of them.

LOL at them trying to remake Total Recall and Conan.

My favourite moment from the best movie I've ever seen

Rutger Hauer seemed to be in a lot of movies back in the day.
He seemed to really create a presence on screen but it probably didn't suit your mainstream drama's and comedy movies enough for him to become a big name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just accidentally put Bigfooty on to dark mode.

After a few minutes feeling like I had landed in a strange variation of parallel universe I figured out how to stick it back.

Somehow s**t feels a lot more real in dark mode and a lot more sinister.

I would not want to be in dark mode and stumble into a game day thread.

Last edited:
I just accidentally put Bigfooty on to night mode.

After a few minutes feeling like I had landed in a strange variation of parallel universe I figured out how to stick it back.

Somehow sh*t feels a lot more real in dark mode and a lot more sinister.

I would not want to be in dark mode and stumble into a game day thread.
HAHAHA it legit looks like an old school 90's forum.

I learnt my lesson immediately.

The one Dan Andrews obsessed poster seems to be genuinely unhinged
Man I’m glad we don’t talk politics or religion here. Not coz I don’t like talking about them. Coz I know nothing about them.

Man I’m glad we don’t talk politics or religion here. Not coz I don’t like talking about them. Coz I know nothing about them.
I honestly don't understand why every sports forum insists on having threads and boards dedicated to non-sports talk, particularly politics and religion. There's so many other spaces to have those discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back