Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't understand why every sports forum insists on having threads and boards dedicated to non-sports talk, particularly politics and religion. There's so many other spaces to have those discussions.

Dickheads that talk politics on other forums are worse than footy fans. At least with footy fans talking politics they aren't too crazily invested.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
NFL fans who do you like in the draft today, who would you like your side to take.

Also it looks likely that five quarterbacks will be off the board in the top ten starting with Trevor Lawrence from Clemson at number one. Imo it’s the nfl version on the key forward stampede, five franchise quarterbacks in one draft isn’t going to happen so who are the busts.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
NFL fans who do you like in the draft today, who would you like your side to take.

Also it looks likely that five quarterbacks will be off the board in the top ten starting with Trevor Lawrence from Clemson at number one. Imo it’s the nfl version on the key forward stampede, five franchise quarterbacks in one draft isn’t going to happen so who are the busts.
Saints need a cornerback - our last few have been abysmally bad

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Saints need a cornerback - our last few have been abysmally bad
You have hill and Justin fields, I don’t like either.

Although they we’re ok when brees was injured I don’t see them as the answer long term, I think there’s a few who will be around in the second round that teams might like. Aaron Rodgers wants out and you’re set up to win surely you’re calling the packers and at least asking the question.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
You have hill and Justin fields, I don’t like either.

Although they we’re ok when brees was injured I don’t see them as the answer long term, I think there’s a few who will be around in the second round that teams might like. Aaron Rodgers wants out and you’re set up to win surely you’re calling the packers and at least asking the question.
Mate as soon as i heard he wasnt happy with the Pack I instantly figured Micky Loomis would be all over it. Word is hes trying to trade into the top 10 so this morning will be interesting. Think our window has passed with Drew retiring but it was a hell of a ride - I honestly thought 2009 was finally going to be the impossible double....

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Mate as soon as i heard he wasnt happy with the Pack I instantly figured Micky Loomis would be all over it. Word is hes trying to trade into the top 10 so this morning will be interesting. Think our window has passed with Drew retiring but it was a hell of a ride - I honestly thought 2009 was finally going to be the impossible double....
The talk is pick 3 has already been offered and knocked back.

Funny guy Aaron Rodgers he was playing to stick it up them last year, he wasn’t a happy man. Since the season ended he’s said I won’t be back apparently so its popcorn time.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
The talk is pick 3 has already been offered and knocked back.

Funny guy Aaron Rodgers he was playing to stick it up them last year, he wasn’t a happy man. Since the season ended he’s said I won’t be back apparently so its popcorn time.
Its an interesting position, they can posture and sabre rattle all they like but at the end of the day they arent going to have a bloke like Rodgers sitting on the sideline wearing grumpy pants. It'll destroy morale in that locker room. They'll take the pick surely and get another franchise QB in this draft?
Like you say mate, popcorn time.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Its an interesting position, they can posture and sabre rattle all they like but at the end of the day they arent going to have a bloke like Rodgers sitting on the sideline wearing grumpy pants. It'll destroy morale in that locker room. They'll take the pick surely and get another franchise QB in this draft?
Like you say mate, popcorn time.
Yeah money comes into the equation as well, they take less of a hit if they wait until June to trade him.

I think he’d just sit out and they moved up to take a quarterback in the first round last year. Moving up to get love without telling him or adding the pieces he wanted is what set him off. I have no idea what the Patriots will do but I think we’re more likely to move back than up, anyway it’s got a bit of spice and intrigue this year.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah money comes into the equation as well, they take less of a hit if they wait until June to trade him.

I think he’d just sit out and they moved up to take a quarterback in the first round last year. Moving up to get love without telling him or adding the pieces he wanted is what set him off. I have no idea what the Patriots will do but I think we’re more likely to move back than up, anyway it’s got a bit of spice and intrigue this year.
Will they stick with Cam do you think Yawk?

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Will they stick with Cam do you think Yawk?
I think they’ll take a qb just won’t move up for one, maybe move up in the second round.

Fields has epilepsy so that would be a massive call imo, so many questions for a dual threat qb what happens in he gets his bell rung.

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
NFL is a game I really want to get into but just can't, I think it's the number of breaks in play and stop start nature.

Maybe if I ever am across in the states I need to take in a game. Got to a Trail Blazers game in Portland a few years ago and that has given me more interest in NBA (which I used to follow a lot as a kid in the 90s).

My mate who was in Portland is now in Nashville so might be able to get to a Tennessee Titans game some day.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Haha knew it, this is a big risk but I just didn’t believe they gave up that much for Mac Jones.

Lots of real talent on the board when the qb obsession ends, probably starts here with the falcons Kyle pitts.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haha knew it, this is a big risk but I just didn’t believe they gave up that much for Mac Jones.

Lots of real talent on the board when the qb obsession ends, probably starts here with the falcons Kyle pitts.
Good call Yawk, he's going to be a handful for my guys... pity the Falcons O line is still putrid and so is their defense, but that was a no brainer pick from ATL.
Hopefully we get a decent CB to cover him...like Parsons.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
NFL is a game I really want to get into but just can't, I think it's the number of breaks in play and stop start nature.

Maybe if I ever am across in the states I need to take in a game. Got to a Trail Blazers game in Portland a few years ago and that has given me more interest in NBA (which I used to follow a lot as a kid in the 90s).

My mate who was in Portland is now in Nashville so might be able to get to a Tennessee Titans game some day.
I really wanted to get into baseball, I find the statistics around the game fascinating as well as the history and their playing stadiums, I’ve tried watching it this year and it’s as boring as it gets.
They barely ever hit the ball lol, it’s just swing and miss what feels like 97% of the time.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Good call Yawk, he's going to be a handful for my guys... pity the Falcons O line is still putrid and so is their defense, but that was a no brainer pick from ATL.
Some really good corner backs, Mac Jones is really a late first second round pick so let’s see how far he falls.

Cowboys really need a corner back so they could take the first of the draft.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some really good corner backs, Mac Jones is really a late first second round pick so let’s see how far he falls.

Cowboys really need a corner back so they could take the first of the draft.
We wil labsolutely pickup Mac... watch.
Also: Sewell is a monster. 1.96m and 150kg that can move like lightning??? fmd

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
He’s going to be a nightmare matchup but let’s see how he goes after he’s been cleaned up a few times.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
We wil labsolutely pickup Mac... watch.
Also: Sewell is a monster. 1.96m and 150kg that can move like lightning??? fmd
Yeah some very impressive physical specimens.

There you go a corner comes off and probably the cowboys as well but they could do anything haha.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
I honestly don't understand why every sports forum insists on having threads and boards dedicated to non-sports talk, particularly politics and religion. There's so many other spaces to have those discussions.

Because we're humans, we get to know each other a bit, we sometimes want to chat about things other than just footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back