Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Thoughts mate? Happy with that?
Yes he was very good for Alabama and fits the patriots system well.

He has a very good arm if you give him time in the pocket, he is a pocket passer full stop. The knock was really that he’s not dual threat and Alabama are so good anyone could hit a target type of thing.

I think normally you’d be happy to grab him late first but obviously we rated him higher than the other options and reasoned we wouldn’t get another chance at Jones in the second round. I’m not sold on running quarterbacks, once I used to argue with my dad about how a Michael Vick was the future and he would nether have it. Now decades later I’ve come around to his way of thinking, it’s handy being able to scramble but you need to be able to stand in the pocket see and hit targets.

Running and smashing into lineman just gets you cam Newton, Andrew luck smashed up and an early retirement. People seem to forget Russell Wilson’s arm and Patrick mahomes has a fantastic arm and will eventually learn to stay in the pocket and not get knocked around.

Plenty of talent left for your guys it just depends how you rate them.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes he was very good for Alabama and fits the patriots system well.

He has a very good arm if you give him time in the pocket, he is a pocket passer full stop. The knock was really that he’s not dual threat and Alabama are so good anyone could hit a target type of thing.

I think normally you’d be happy to grab him late first but obviously we rated him higher than the other options and reasoned we wouldn’t get another chance at Jones in the second round. I’m not sold on running quarterbacks, once I used to argue with my dad about how a Michael Vick was the future and he would nether have it. Now decades later I’ve come around to his way of thinking, it’s handy being able to scramble but you need to be able to stand in the pocket see and hit targets.

Running and smashing into lineman just gets you cam Newton, Andrew luck smashed up and an early retirement. People seem to forget Russell Wilson’s arm and Patrick mahomes has a fantastic arm and will eventually learn to stay in the pocket and not get knocked around.

Plenty of talent left for your guys it just depends how you rate them.
Great summary mate, I was arguing something similar with a few mates about guys from the Alabama system but think the Pats will have the smarts to use him effectively.
We'll either go Farley (who Im not too keen on - 2 back surgeries already), Newsome or best available.
This drags on longer than the AFL draft and thats saying something...
Edit: well wont be Farley lol

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
What did you think of the pick, a bit of the rich getting richer now when you don’t need much you can draft next best.
Which pick are we talking here Yawk?
The browns pick was good one imo - filled a need for them and is a good size with explosive pace. The Browns tied the league in most TD's allowed for over 20yds or something to the effect.
The Saints pick was out of nowhere - im not sure anyone including Mel Kiper had him on their radar. We need a CB and with the Browns taking Newsome above we should have drafted Stokes (taken next pick by Packers) or JOK as best available. I think we've tried to play this too smart, hopefully he adjusts and playes well - he's only managed 10 sacks in his college career against some pretty mediocre opposition. Locals will be going wild.
Time will tell I suppose. Good luck to the kid though, and all the guys drafted. Its huge for them.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Which pick are we talking here Yawk?
The browns pick was good one imo - filled a need for them and is a good size with explosive pace. The Browns tied the league in most TD's allowed for over 20yds or something to the effect.
The Saints pick was out of nowhere - im not sure anyone including Mel Kiper had him on their radar. We need a CB and with the Browns taking Newsome above we should have drafted Stokes (taken next pick by Packers) or JOK as best available. I think we've tried to play this too smart, hopefully he adjusts and playes well - he's only managed 10 sacks in his college career against some pretty mediocre opposition. Locals will be going wild.
Time will tell I suppose. Good luck to the kid though, and all the guys drafted. Its huge for them.
This is the type of pick we’re usually scratching our heads over, I hope it works out for saints JOK still there.

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Do any of you guys have any experience with CBD oils? How have they worked for those that have tried them?

Yes I have experience with them and it has had a positive effect on me. I take about 100mg daily.

Positive effects include:
- increased alertness (kind of like that feeling after the first coffee of the day)
- reduced anxiety
- generally calmer

I have experienced no bad side effects, the only down side is the cost of getting it here (legally).

I wouldn’t rule out the placebo effect maybe enhancing some of the positive, knowing my personality.

Yes I have experience with them and it has had a positive effect on me. I take about 100mg daily.

Positive effects include:
- increased alertness (kind of like that feeling after the first coffee of the day)
- reduced anxiety
- generally calmer

I have experienced no bad side effects, the only down side is the cost of getting it here (legally).

I wouldn’t rule out the placebo effect maybe enhancing some of the positive, knowing my personality.

I have a customer that used it when she had a degenerative hip that caused her severe pain. She's an older lady and she swears by it. She had a hip replacement and doesn't need it any more but said that it's the only thing that worked and kept her sane.

What is cameo ?
You pay a celebrity to record a personalized video messages.

Say you wanted to give a saints supporter a birthday present. You could pay Battle 35 bucks to say happy birthday.

Or you could get someone to say something nice about Ivan Milat for instance:

Or get Carol Baskin of Tiger King fame to say something about Rolf Harris.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back