Random Discussion Thread 137- Eternal Sunshine of the Sportless Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly, I don't think there is going to be a huge swing in the mid terms.
The Democrats have spent the last two years pandering to their own base, so everyone thinks that there is this huge momentum swing away from Trump when in reality its just the confirmation bias of their own echo chamber.
I hope I am wrong
Hmm, not according to my info, but I hope you're wrong too?
Another 2 years of #45 will do my head in...let alone scomo.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
This sport lull between the end of the AFL grand final and the start of the cricket season is just the worst. I mean I can pretend as well as anyone to enjoy the baseball and EPL, but if you can’t go to games it’s not really the same. There’s only so many times I can rewatch the grand final (7 so far).
It's strange because its not as if there isn't an abundance of sport going on right now
Soccer - A-League, EPL, UEFA etc...
MLB Playoffs
NFL
NBA, NBL
Spring Racing (if you consider Horse Racing a sport)
Cricket - Overseas Tours
F1, V8s, MotoGP, NASCAR
NHL
(some of these are who gives a *, but there aren't many stages of the year where this many leagues are running)

It's almost one of the most concentrated times of the year for sport, yet the most boring

You’re right happy there’s heaps to watch, but if you’re a live sport kind of guy there’s not much, apart from the Wildcats I guess?

Perth Glory too

AFLW starts soon doesn't it?

Personally I won't get behind it until the Eagles get a team, it doesn't feel right to support another team even if it's their women's version.

You’re right happy there’s heaps to watch, but if you’re a live sport kind of guy there’s not much, apart from the Wildcats I guess?

There’s allegedly a one day international on this weekend?

I’m determined to make this the year I finally get into the NFL.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I like the up the coasters tag but probably prefer it for only a couple of threads(like the important ones).

What’s the deal with monthly pay? Never heard of it in my life
Monthly pay is a rollercoaster of feeling poor or oddly rich. The trick is not to spend stupidly when you get your pay each month. I know a few people who can't handle monthly pay because they just don't budget properly.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
campaigners I just bought Zelda Breath of the Wild for my Wii U... and it’s basically the first video game I’ve bought for a long time, and it’s just absolutely bloody magnificent.

I wish I was 15 again so I could just get high af and play it all day and all night

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
campaigners I just bought Zelda Breath of the Wild for my Wii U... and it’s basically the first video game I’ve bought for a long time, and it’s just absolutely bloody magnificent.

I wish I was 15 again so I could just get high af and play it all day and all night
I bought a mini snes the other week, realised that I hardly get any time to play it :(

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Monthly pay is a rollercoaster of feeling poor or oddly rich. The trick is not to spend stupidly when you get your pay each month. I know a few people who can't handle monthly pay because they just don't budget properly.
I just spend it all on blow and then suffer for the next 29-30 days.

DanWCE has to budget in his blow, Crafties and baby formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back