Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
WA had a long record of underachieving and being a bit of a basket case culture-wise, he undoubtedly made them a better team.

Most of the criticisms of him thus far revolve around "too many WA players because he plays favourites" and are nonsense. Online anyway. I haven't been impressed yet, but I'm prepared to give him another summer. Change takes time.

I also think sacking him would be ignoring the much bigger issues with Australian cricket that he has no responsibility for or control over. Does he, Greg Chappell?

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
WA had a long record of underachieving and being a bit of a basket case culture-wise, he undoubtedly made them a better team.

Most of the criticisms of him thus far revolve around "too many WA players because he plays favourites" and are nonsense. Online anyway. I haven't been impressed yet, but I'm prepared to give him another summer. Change takes time.

I also think sacking him would be ignoring the much bigger issues with Australian cricket that he has no responsibility for or control over. Does he, Greg Chappell?
Exactly this. I am not impressed but given the "unfortunate sandpaper incident" and the loss of a couple of our best batsmen as a result, and the dearth of talent throughout the country due to this obsession with T20 at the expense of red ball cricket, Langer isn't the issue. He needs to be given time.

The selectors also have a lot to answer for or whoever decided on the batting order (captain?) trying to make Finch an opener. Grave doubts he is a test player anyway but, if he was going to have a chance, it was down the order. It wasn't hard to see the issues long before they arose. Not to mention the issues with the Marsh brothers that have been obvious a long time.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
The way they treat Maxwell is piss poor, especially in ODI's. Think only Warner and Finch are better ODI batsmen than him and he should be batting between 3-5 for Australia. Pretty disgraceful for them to have him at 7.

The batting order for this series should be

Finch
Khawaja
S.Marsh
Maxwell
M.Marsh (Handscomb for game one)
Stonis
Carey

Batting order for the WC

Warner
Finch
Smith
S.Marsh
Maxwell
Stonis/M.Marsh
Carey

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is this the place to lodge a formal complaint about the BBL scheduling? The Stars are playing again now after playing on Wednesday. I seriously can't be bothered writing up a whole thing, but a quick look at the schedule shows that one team playing again two days later is a regular occurance this season. Mix it up a little, CA.

Plus the Scorchers have only had two home games out of 7 games played. Again, spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back