Random Discussion Thread 138- Irregular Trumpet Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus, this is just too much. There’s nothing more condescending than telling a historically oppressed minority they don’t actually feel the way they feel.

“Listen up, aboriginal people! You don’t actually consider the arrival of European settlers to be an act of aggression and the beginning of decades of discrimination and mistreatment! You’ve merely been conditioned to think that way by intentionally undermining third parties. Who have done so for the nefarious purpose of ... getting a new public holiday? Hang on, this is getting a bit fuzzy here ... I had it, just a sec...”

Firstly, I said “maybe”. I cannot know for certain how much of an effect the “conditioning” has had. Only that there is ample evidence of it being there.
An unhelpful conditioning ( and weaponising) process.. Thru media politics and academia. And that it will have some effect.

Your words- “Invasion Day (technicality’s aside..), the settlers Act of Aggression Discrimination, and Mistreatment”

They undermine..

Secondly, I never have said the aboriginals have no right to a sense of loss and or aggrievement. IMO they do.

But it won’t be solved by a toxic, loaded (Anti White/European) conversation introduced by a third party

You again- “nefarious purpose..public holiday”.....

Your either stupid or misdirecting....
And you don’t appear to be (overly) stupid

Fyfe is going to be out to be out too with an elbow bursitis Haggers was saying.

Really hoping all the top talent piss all over the AFL's concept here and we can see the back of it.
Stop shitting on AFLSeX

Not that I really want to weigh into this - but Joe Hildebrand's take is an interesting read

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...e/news-story/1bd2fce2810645eadb263e2c1f37314c

Whilst being very wary of joe hilderbrande (dumb drunk and racist, the abc), that article, atleast on first reading, does appear fair

Quote-
“Ever since the first humans picked up the first stick every land has been conquered, every people has suffered.
This does not make it right, it does not make it fair — indeed, it is almost always wrong and almost always unfair. But it is a fact, and a fact we cannot change.”

Hard to disagree with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Avishka I hope you have peppered your anoos - a pace line up boasting a total of 5 matches experience bowling first on a road doesn’t bode well for muzza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back