Random Discussion Thread 139- Slippery Slopes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a tweet earlier saying that going for the patriots means that you’re racist. Haven’t rolled my eyes that hard and I don’t even follow the NFL.

Btw who won?

Where does the 'bowl' in Superbowl come from?

Ditto with the Probowl, etc.
It’s mainly a college football thing- The Yale Bowl stadium inspired the name of the Rose Bowl in California when it was built in the early 1900s, and hosted annual invitational games between college teams on January 1st in Pasadena, as part of a wider celebration on New Year’s Day.

And then when that became really popular you got the Cotton Bowl, the Orange Bowl, and a few others in like the 1940s, and now there’s I think over 30 college Bowl games which happen around December/January.

I
Patriots.

I also found out today that Mary Poppins is racist due to the chimney sweeps doing blackface. We all need to be outraged apparently.
saw that as well but from the daily mail. They love a race baiting headline that hooks idiots from both sides. I should unfollow them on FB but I love reading comments on there.

I’ll probably never see SL ever win a test in Australia. I can kinda reason with freo fans in that regard.

I’ll probably never see SL ever win a test in Australia. I can kinda reason with freo fans in that regard.
Like the Docker supporter has to be a Freagle to enjoy success you'll have to be a Slaussie.

Like the Docker supporter has to be a Freagle to enjoy success you'll have to be a Slaussie.
I’m actually an Aussie fan in general. Never really had fox so I’ve lspent the years watching Australia and barely any SL games. I know the in and Out of Australian cricket more than SL.

Ochre I’m afraid to say my Grim Grotto thoughts are not super positive. Poorest adaption of the series IMO, not to suggest it was bad TV but some odd deviations from the book.
My memories of the later books are a little sketchy, what was different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My memories of the later books are a little sketchy, what was different
So I actually went and skimmed through the book because I thought the episode seemed odd, and then I realised it's because they completely eliminated a main character.

Captain Widdershins plays a big part in the first half of the book, until his disappears when Olaf shows up. I think a lot of people didn't like him as a character but I thought he was great. Instead he's not there at all, and Fiona is captaining this ship, which is ridiculous because she's a) a girl and b) too young and they played her and Violet off against each other, which I thought was annoying. That was the main issue for me.

Saw a tweet earlier saying that going for the patriots means that you’re racist. Haven’t rolled my eyes that hard and I don’t even follow the NFL.

You could make that argument if the Redskins were in it, but the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back