Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
So the AFL are set to introduce new rules which say any delisted player becomes a free agent regardless of how long they’ve served with their club.

So a second year player can just refuse to sign a new contract, force their club to delist them and become a free agent.

Welcome home Tim Kelly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the AFL are set to introduce new rules which say any delisted player becomes a free agent regardless of how long they’ve served with their club.

So a second year player can just refuse to sign a new contract, force their club to delist them and become a free agent.

Welcome home Tim Kelly.

Think there's a distinction between delisted and uncontracted.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Think there's a distinction between delisted and uncontracted.
You can delist an uncontracted player under current rules.

It'd be nice if the AFL took this one step further and stated that by X date all UFA uncontracted players are considered delisted. It would simplify things greatly.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Not sure the clubs will be happy if a player can become a FA simply by not signing a contract

Doubt that’s the intention it’s this change
Probably not, but if you change a few definitions (RFA = the same as the uncontracted players now who don't qualify for UFA, UFA = uncontractred and thus not bound to a list), and temper it with giving the clubs the ability to trade players without permission...

The only way I could have envisaged Gleeson not getting a new contract would be due to him getting a massive offer from elsewhere that simply couldn’t be matched

What he’s done with the wildcats is extraordinary

The current path seems to be going ok for us.
One thing I will say is that it's s**t when you buy championship merchandise like an "8 Time Champions" shirt and then 2 years later it's redundant. Most annoying.
#RedArmyProblems
Oh god, is Perth becoming Boston?

(Unrelated but * Rovell and Portnoy)

Huzzah!

Heard some pundits suggest that with some of the player contract situations this would have been a perfect time to transition... OR you could just go win more championships.
How many of them are out of contract?

I know Cotton, Brandt, Kay and Norton all have contracts but not sure about the rest.

The current path seems to be going ok for us.
One thing I will say is that it's s**t when you buy championship merchandise like an "8 Time Champions" shirt and then 2 years later it's redundant. Most annoying.
#RedArmyProblems

True story

Growing up my mum knew I liked the Chicago Bulls, didn't understand anything about the game just knew I liked the team.

She went to the middle east on a holiday and bought me some cheap Bulls knock-off gear they were selling over there, she couldn't understand why I refused to wear the T-shirt she got me that said "Back-to-back champions 91' 92'!" (this was after their second three-peat).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely they would be a restricted free agent

True story

Growing up my mum knew I liked the Chicago Bulls, didn't understand anything about the game just knew I liked the team.

She went to the middle east on a holiday and bought me some cheap Bulls knock-off gear they were selling over there, she couldn't understand why I refused to wear the T-shirt she got me that said "Back-to-back champions 91' 92'!" (this was after their second three-peat).
lol. Classic mum behaviour.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
How many of them are out of contract?

I know Cotton, Brandt, Kay and Norton all have contracts but not sure about the rest.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/p...-behind-perths-contract-policy-ng-b881142268z
Martin, grand final MVP Terrico White, Jesse Wagstaff, Clint Steindl and Tom Jervis are also waiting to see whether they will play with the club next season.

Bryce Cotton, Angus Brandt, Nick Kay, Mitch Norton and Rhys Vague already have deals in place, while Greg Hire has retired.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Marsh brings up a century. Real captains knock, especially on a pitch which has proved pretty diabolical to bat on in recent times.

Great to see him finally turn a start into a big score, hopefully this is the start of a turnaround in his mental form.

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC
Good to see the Bison ton up after a nightmare of a summer.
lcxyE0D.gif

Useless trivia, in the original Japanese version of Street Fighter:
M. Bison - Boxer known as Balrog outside Japan
Balrog - The Spanish cage fighter known as Vega outside Japan
Vega - The end boss known as M.Bison outside Japan

The boxer in the Japanese version is called Mike Bison and was moddelled on Tyson, fearing a lawsuit they rotated the names when they exported the game outside Japan to get around this.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Useless trivia, in the original Japanese version of Street Fighter:
M. Bison - Boxer known as Balrog outside Japan
Balrog - The Spanish cage fighter known as Vega outside Japan
Vega - The end boss known as M.Bison outside Japan

The boxer in the Japanese version is called Mike Bison and was moddelled on Tyson, fearing a lawsuit they rotated the names when they exported the game outside Japan to get around this.
Yeah I spent 15 mins on Wikipedia reading about this on the dunny after my original post

Vega suits Vega so much more than Balrog. Bit of a no brainer that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back