Random Discussion Thread 139- Slippery Slopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty great when the punter from the crowd hit five threes in 30 seconds during a timeout, but the unstoppable, phenomenal, face of the league superstar Chris Goulding hit two shots in a 40 minute game.

BAHAHAHA That’s Gold!

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone see Hutchy on the Wildcats broadcast? Looks like he's swallowed another version of himself

Screenshot_20190316-062536_crop_481x623.jpg

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Wowsers. His body description is getting dangerously close to including the word 'morbidly' in it.

I don't think he was intending on being on the TV. His body language suggests he was trying to hide himself. Actually feel a bit sorry for him. He's always been big but I had no idea he ballooned like that.

Anyone tuning into F1 today? I'm more interested in Supercars and already concerned they've made the Mustangs too efficient 😂

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I'm more interested in Supercars and already concerned they've made the Mustangs too efficient

They’ve got a huge aero advantage over the sedans due to the way the back of the cabin tapers off, allows much better airflow over the rear of the car.

They’re ludicrously quick as a result. Whether or not they’re too quick remains to be seen.

4 poles and 4 wins from 4 races is pretty unusual.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
They’ve got a huge aero advantage over the sedans due to the way the back of the cabin tapers off, allows much better airflow over the rear of the car.

They’re ludicrously quick as a result. Whether or not they’re too quick remains to be seen.

4 poles and 4 wins from 4 races is pretty unusual.

The last Falcon was supposedly disadvantaged compared with the Commodore and yet McLaughlin managed to win the whole deal. For a brand new car, chassis etc to be performing this well is incredible. Questions may be asked, though.

As a Holden man it makes me a little worried. I was hoping Giz would have a blinder of a season. Poor time for Frosty to jump into a red badge haha.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
The last Falcon was supposedly disadvantaged compared with the Commodore and yet McLaughlin managed to win the whole deal. For a brand new car, chassis etc to be performing this well is incredible. Questions may be asked, though.

As a Holden man it makes me a little worried. I was hoping Giz would have a blinder of a season. Poor time for Frosty to jump into a red badge haha.

If they’ve still got a flawless record after Symonds Plains then questions will be asked. Even when JW was so good he could win races one handed he never had a flawless start. It’s practically unheard of.

If it was just McLaughlin dominating then it wouldn’t be sus, but when you’ve got bang average drivers like Waters and Coulthard putting seconds on the GOAT that’s when it becomes a concern.

I don't think he was intending on being on the TV. His body language suggests he was trying to hide himself. Actually feel a bit sorry for him. He's always been big but I had no idea he ballooned like that.

Anyone tuning into F1 today? I'm more interested in Supercars and already concerned they've made the Mustangs too efficient

He owns one of the teams in the Grand Final, and works heavily with one of the networks that broadcast the game. He’d have to know there was every chance of being interviewed, if it wasn’t totally organised in advance anyway.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If they’ve still got a flawless record after Symonds Plains then questions will be asked. Even when JW was so good he could win races one handed he never had a flawless start. It’s practically unheard of.

If it was just McLaughlin dominating then it wouldn’t be sus, but when you’ve got bang average drivers like Waters and Coulthard putting seconds on the GOAT that’s when it becomes a concern.

The equalizer is two front of grid Mustangs cancelling each other our in the warm up lap haha

How much longer can Josh Inglis be played

Most recent first class scores (currently batting at #3)

0, 23, 29, 2, 22, 29, 26*, 14, 0, 2, 18*, 23

Average of 18

Inglis is lucky to still be in the side to be honest, he is averaging 21.85 for the season which is not good enough for a first-class wicketkeeper. His career average has dropped below 30 which is also poor. Personally, I've never rated him, Whiteman and/or Philippe would be better options although that would upset the current balance of the side.

The Warriors certainly need to look at finding some batsman over the off-season, whether that be from local ranks or from interstate.

McLaughlin is a great driver, it's only a matter of time before we see him moving on to higher honours (i.e. NASCAR). He has said he wants to go to NASCAR in the future and I'd like to see him give it a go. Shame he drives a Ford though.

Supercars is at a bit of a crossroads with the direction they want to go, they definitely need to consider altering the chassis for the two-door models. As much as I love the eight cylinder Holden vs Ford stuff, they need to make the series more accessible to other makes and models, particularly the two door cars.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m struggling with it hey

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can usually ignore stuff like that but it's really irritating me for some reason, maybe because it's right in the middle of my screen at the top.
I've gone into there and logged out of the chat room that I was automatically logged into for some reason, disabled chat completely and it's still up there.
Bigfooty is right up there with the AFL for implementing new things that no one wants or needs that annoy the s**t out of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back