Not open for further replies.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

TBH this would sound elite if you's been munching biccies all day.

We could yell "Barabbas!"?
Don’t know, Biblical references are on the nose right now after Israel Falou’s hit list got posted.

That’s not going to stop me horse whipping the next lad I see wearing blended fabrics though. Unless stadium security confiscates my horse whip again.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Can someone tell me why glory winning the premiership( not the whole thing is so huge). Like AFL clubs don't really celebrate being minor premiers.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Well in the EPL topping the table is all there is. I guess they're ignoring the fact that the A-League has a finals series.

The other thing is, they haven't won anything since the A-League started.

Can someone tell me why glory winning the premiership( not the whole thing is so huge). Like AFL clubs don't really celebrate being minor premiers.
Firstly, as Truckosaurus says it's the first thing they've won since it became the A-League. Secondly, and strangely, in the A-League the Premiers Plate actually matters about equally as winning the finals.

Firstly, as Truckosaurus says it's the first thing they've won since it became the A-League. Secondly, and strangely, in the A-League the Premiers Plate actually matters about equally as winning the finals.
If the Premier doesn’t win the Grand Final, what is the general feeling about who has had the better season, in your opinion?

If the Premier doesn’t win the Grand Final, what is the general feeling about who has had the better season, in your opinion?
My understanding is they're meant to be equal, but it's hard not to feel that in any Australian sport the Grand Final winner is the bigger prize.

Being Premier is still well worth it though as it's legitimate silverware and also gets you into the AFC Champions League.

Georgie 404

All Australian
Jul 4, 2017
Smollettville
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, less than a month from being in Paris and the Notre Dame cathedral is burning down.

******* tragedy. What a loss of architectural brilliance and history. :(

Not the first and wont be the last-
https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

“France has seen a spate of attacks against Catholic churches since the start of the year, vandalism that has included arson and desecration.
Vandals have smashed statues, knocked down tabernacles, scattered or destroyed the Eucharist and torn down crosses, sparking fears of a rise in anti-Catholic sentiment in the country.”

Anyway that “architectural brilliance” is so..yesterday..!!
And who needs “yesterday” when you can have $progress$..!!

Last edited:

Georgie 404

All Australian
Jul 4, 2017
Smollettville
AFL Club
West Coast
Not the first and wont be the last-
https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

“France has seen a spate of attacks against Catholic churches since the start of the year, vandalism that has included arson and desecration.
Vandals have smashed statues, knocked down tabernacles, scattered or destroyed the Eucharist and torn down crosses, sparking fears of a rise in anti-Catholic sentiment in the country.”

Anyway that “architectural brilliance” is so..yesterday..!!
And who needs “architectural brilliance” when you can have $progress$..!!

The main thing is Dear Quinz, you’ll still get to experience French Kulture!!

E16B3515-60CB-4631-94A5-DF08C2454B4A.jpeg

I know this is the random discussion thread so it’s very loose in terms of what can be discussed but it’s also meant to be light hearted in tone

Pretty much over this SRP crap that has its own board for that type of discussion. Take your narrative holding there

Georgie 404

All Australian
Jul 4, 2017
Smollettville
AFL Club
West Coast
I know this is the random discussion thread so it’s very loose in terms of what can be discussed but it’s also meant to be light hearted in tone

Pretty much over this SRP crap that has its own board for that type of discussion. Take your narrative holding there

The link is informative
And IMO the tone light hearted

Both incorrect.

The ignore list made this funny

Lighthearted and informative, thanks.

Everyone hates GSW I take it.

Golden State won the most games in NBA history, more than Jordan’s Bulls, then took advantage of a once in a lifetime salary cap spike to add Kevin Durant. Then they added Demarcus Cousins. They’re the first team in NBA history with five all-stars in their starting lineup. They’ve won three of the past four championships and have effectively added an All Star after each.

Basically they’re the most talented team in NBA history, and they still carry on like the biggest whingers in basketball. You couldn’t even bet on them to win this playoff series because they were such heavy favourites.

Then they gave up the biggest comeback in NBA history at home. Suck s**t Warriors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back