Random Discussion Thread 142- Into The Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit the bullet and thought I'd try a Kogan monitor out. 27', 144hz, 1440p curved display for $400. Just got the email saying its at the post office, nervous.
So you should be nervous

The post office can be a scary place

So you should be nervous

The post office can be a scary place

Not all
250px-Postman-Pat.jpg

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Anyone here built a PC before ?
Going to give it a shot. Need to figure out what parts to buy first though....
Yeah, it's pretty straight forward. What parts you need will depend on what you plan on using it for.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
My in-laws got a Kogan smart TV and it truly is a piece of sh!t.
My mate has 3 of them in his house, they're all great. I've heard some horror stories about some of their stuff though.

I read plenty of reviews before I bought it, most people seemed happy with it.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
My in-laws got a Kogan smart TV and it truly is a piece of sh!t.
Just plugged it in and have been playing on it for a while. The build quality isn't great, buttons and plastics feel really cheap and the Kogan logo is actually askew. Speakers are awful but I've got Razer speakers and headset so that's not an issue. The display is gorgeous. Really crisp and vibrant colours and the 144hz looks awesome.

The build quality isn't an issue either; the display itself is all I care about and its fantastic. Well worth $400.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
They need to outlaw gender reveals. Just keep that s**t private.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
They need to outlaw gender reveals. Just keep that s**t private.

The car scene is a beast unto itself with people trying to one up each other for infamy. I don't think you can group coloured tyre burnout gender reveals with all gender reveals and make a sweeping statement that they should all be banned. Well, you can, but it's ignorant.

My wife and I tried for a long, long time to fall pregnant. No-one can deny her the opportunity to share those little moments with her close friends and family as they all rode the waves of trying and failing to fall, miscarriage, etc with her and I.

You'll understand some day 😊

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The car scene is a beast unto itself with people trying to one up each other for infamy. I don't think you can group coloured tyre burnout gender reveals with all gender reveals and make a sweeping statement that they should all be banned. Well, you can, but it's ignorant.

My wife and I tried for a long, long time to fall pregnant. No-one can deny her the opportunity to share those little moments with her close friends and family as they all rode the waves of trying and failing to fall, miscarriage, etc with her and I.

You'll understand some day 😊
I'm glad things worked out for you.

However, I loathe the notion of Gender Reveal Parties. (FWIW I have 2 kids). It smacks of yet another gift-buying occasion, on top of all the others.

But hey, people can do what they like, I guess.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm glad things worked out for you.

However, I loathe the notion of Gender Reveal Parties. (FWIW I have 2 kids). It smacks of yet another gift-buying occasion, on top of all the others.

But hey, people can do what they like, I guess.

That depends on who is hosting it. Ours was on my birthday. We invited our mates and family to Feral brewery for a beer and most of them didn't even know we were pregnant. It was a way to announce that news and find out the gender all in one. No presents, no OTT BS. Pop a balloon, get some photos and a video for the memory, back to drinking good beer.

I think the people you're referring to are the same who try to outdo each other with kids birthday parties. I saw photos on the gram of some chick who had her child's first birthday at Raffles. WTF! Doesn't come to mind as a family friendly spot, really.. The whole room was kitted out in jungle theme. Would have cost a packet. And yet I was thinking "why?"

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That depends on who is hosting it. Ours was on my birthday. We invited our mates and family to Feral brewery for a beer and most of them didn't even know we were pregnant. It was a way to announce that news and find out the gender all in one. No presents, no OTT BS. Pop a balloon, get some photos and a video for the memory, back to drinking good beer.

I think the people you're referring to are the same who try to outdo each other with kids birthday parties. I saw photos on the gram of some chick who had her child's first birthday at Raffles. WTF! Doesn't come to mind as a family friendly spot, really.. The whole room was kitted out in jungle theme. Would have cost a packet. And yet I was thinking "why?"
This ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back