Random Discussion Thread 142- Into The Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each to their own but from my own perspective finding out the sex of the baby before it’s born takes away one of the great moments of having a baby - seeing whether it’s a boy or girl at that moment

I’ve got 4 kids. We only found out for one of them and possibly because it was a Caesarian the whole thing was a bit anticlimactic

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Each to their own but from my own perspective finding out the sex of the baby before it’s born takes away one of the great moments of having a baby - seeing whether it’s a boy or girl at that moment

I’ve got 4 kids. We only found out for one of them and possibly because it was a Caesarian the whole thing was a bit anticlimactic

We might keep it a secret next time but for us the birth was enough of an experience as it was being our first time, and because we were struggling to agree on names and wanted to plan, prep, have a semblance of control over the situation, allow the to-be grandparents to buy the right coloured clothes etc we opted to find out.

The thought of not knowing is a bit daunting to me, haha. Finding out we were having a boy when I was sure I'd be given a girl was pretty cool. I was stoked I'd no longer be kicking the footy to myself at the park!

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
The car scene is a beast unto itself with people trying to one up each other for infamy. I don't think you can group coloured tyre burnout gender reveals with all gender reveals and make a sweeping statement that they should all be banned. Well, you can, but it's ignorant.

My wife and I tried for a long, long time to fall pregnant. No-one can deny her the opportunity to share those little moments with her close friends and family as they all rode the waves of trying and failing to fall, miscarriage, etc with her and I.

You'll understand some day 😊
The world is not ready for me it to reproduce. You guys should all buy me beers for not doing it.

Spinal block, cut open, stapled up and weeks of recovery with a brand new bub to deal with.

I wonder if you have shared this "anticlimactic" opinion with the Mrs :straining:

Spinal block, cut open, stapled up and weeks of recovery with a brand new bub to deal with.

I wonder if you have shared this "anticlimactic" opinion with the Mrs :straining:
Yep

She’s well aware I’m an unfeeling prick

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC

Georgie 404

All Australian
Jul 4, 2017
Smollettville
AFL Club
West Coast
Or let the child decide its own gender.....

0D459FAE-AA2A-47FB-83CB-9476357A5643.jpeg

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Can’t help but feel gender reveals are somewhat an anti-PC trend, which makes it feel a bit icky, but having never had a kid I can’t really comment I guess.

Anyone else doing Dry July btw? These night games are making me thirsty!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Can’t help but feel gender reveals are somewhat an anti-PC trend, which makes it feel a bit icky, but having never had a kid I can’t really comment I guess.

Anyone else doing Dry July btw? These night games aren’t helping me stay sober
I'm doing Torrential Downpour July. It's going great.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Anyone else doing Dry July btw? These night games aren’t helping me stay sober

I'm hitting pause this weekend and staying at the accommodation out at Mandoon Estate / Homestead Brewery.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Listening to homebrewing podcasts doesn’t help with cravings either.

Otherwise it’s been fairly easy. Surprising cos I don’t reckon I’d gone a week without having a drink for at least a decade

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Listening to homebrewing podcasts doesn’t help with cravings either.

Otherwise it’s been fairly easy. Surprising cos I don’t reckon I’d gone a week without having a drink for at least a decade

I reckon it's been pretty easy too. Weekends a little bit harder. I get stuck into the sparkling water instead of beer. Hardest part is my wife refusing to get on board and drinking wine in front of me every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back