Random Discussion Thread 142- Into The Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm still confident we can go deep into finals, the equation is a lot harder is all.
Our best footy is better than any side in the comp (that first quarter against Richmond is the standard). If we rock up W1/W2 away from home with Nic Nat and the right mindset I think we can knock off Brisbane or Geelong.

I'm still confident we can go deep into finals, the equation is a lot harder is all.
If we finish fifth we'll play the loser of Pies Geelong in a semi. Then Brisbane or Richmond.

We can still do it but with our tendency to switch off this year I don't think 4 weeks of finals footy is likely. We gave everything against Richmond and looked stuffed this week.

Finally we’ve discarded those useless bottom 10 teams.

They should just merge the bottom ten teams into one, then next year field that team to play in a comp with the top eight. Nine teams all up, so it’d be a WAFL style top five.

Repeat it. Five teams play finals, four don’t. Merge the bottom four, enter them into the comp the next year in a five team comp. Repeat again with the two who missed finals etc etc

That’s the real way to determine who is the best side.

They should just merge the bottom ten teams into one, then next year field that team to play in a comp with the top eight. Nine teams all up, so it’d be a WAFL style top five.

Repeat it. Five teams play finals, four don’t. Merge the bottom four, enter them into the comp the next year in a five team comp. Repeat again with the two who missed finals etc etc

That’s the real way to determine who is the best side.
This is big brain thinking right here.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Wouldn't work to determine who was the best team. As we saw with the Bears and Fitzroy, crap team + crap team = brilliant team. The strongest team would end up being made of the initially weakest teams. I'd have to refuse to acknowledge the success of the North Carlton St Demons or the Port Gold Coast Dockers.

Wouldn't work to determine who was the best team. As we saw with the Bears and Fitzroy, crap team + crap team = brilliant team. The strongest team would end up being made of the initially weakest teams. I'd have to refuse to acknowledge the success of the North Carlton St Demons or the Port Gold Coast Dockers.
The trick is all the senior coaches have to be coaching the team at the same time.

When I did my tips for this week I decided to tip each game based on what the worse result for us was

Ended up with 9/9 for the first time this season- every game went the way I didn’t want it to

Then we lost the 3rd test from an almost unlosable position

* sport. * it hard

When I did my tips for this week I decided to tip each game based on what the worse result for us was

Ended up with 9/9 for the first time this season- every game went the way I didn’t want it to

fu** sport. fu** it hard
The worst weekend for sports I can remember.

fu** sport. fu** it hard
Got 8

Yep, the Eagles/Hawks tip cooked me.

Got 8

Yep, the Eagles/Hawks tip cooked me.

Turns out it was a relatively easy tipping weekend - all the games went pretty much as expected with the favourite winning

Except one notable exception. * hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back