Random Discussion Thread 142- Into The Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood yesterday.

I quite liked it, stories about old Hollywood you can tell QT is obsessed with the era and the type of movie making back then. The star power is high and the acting is excellent, shot well obviously as it's a Tarantino movie. The dialogue wasn't as punchy as his other movies but the setting probably didn't allow for it.

Plot wise there's nothing much going on though. The Manson stuff feels a bit tacked on, if you didn't know the original story I'm not sure it would make much sense.

Enjoyable 2.5 hours, not really any desire to watch it again.

HoneyBadger35

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood yesterday.

I quite liked it, stories about old Hollywood you can tell QT is obsessed with the era and the type of movie making back then. The star power is high and the acting is excellent, shot well obviously as it's a Tarantino movie. The dialogue wasn't as punchy as his other movies but the setting probably didn't allow for it.

Plot wise there's nothing much going on though. The Manson stuff feels a bit tacked on, if you didn't know the original story I'm not sure it would make much sense.

Enjoyable 2.5 hours, not really any desire to watch it again.

HoneyBadger35
Yeah I saw it with a mate who had no idea about the Manson family and the Tate murder so he didn't really understand the significance of it all. Still enjoyed it however.

My order will stand as

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fitction
Inglorious
Django
Hollywood
Hateful
Jackie Brown

(Yet to see Kill Bill)

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I saw it with a mate who had no idea about the Manson family and the Tate murder so he didn't really understand the significance of it all. Still enjoyed it however.

My order will stand as

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fitction
Inglorious
Django
Hollywood
Hateful
Jackie Brown

(Yet to see Kill Bill)
I dug Jackie Brown.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah i had no clue about the Manson stuff either till just after watching the movie. Still enjoyed it.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I got half way through Reservoir Dogs today and fell asleep. Been pretty under the weather with a flu the past couple of days. Might restart it from the start seeing how highly you all rate it.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
The day after I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood I stumbled onto Once Upon a Time in the West while flicking through the cable channels in Sri Lanka. Turns out it's a spaghetti Western.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I cannot handle all of these people who have no idea about the Manson Family murders.

tenor.gif

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I cannot handle all of these people who have no idea about the Manson Family murders.

tenor.gif
I've read about it before but i have very poor retention rate.

Tho the ending seemed familiar but i couldn't put my finger to it.

Didn't watch it but googled it and yes.

Also a quick google search suggests that QT is a spaghetti Western fan.
Basically all QT films are spaghetti westerns at their core. He loves it.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Thank's to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I'm now addicted to Hush by deep Purple and getting the urge to Start smoking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back