Random Discussion Thread 143- Sports, Music, TV and Train Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As someone who has been team Big Big Sound since day one, it fills me with great joy to see everybody engage with the best song in football, but also great anger that it took this long.

Big Big Sound OGs represent, Biggie.
Been singing it to my family all week.

They think I am batshit crazy

Tomorrow marks 14 years on Bigfooty for me.

Image result for out office window gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go for the weeks of inaccurate media reports fueled by 'sources' personally. Plus this year we have the added bonus of Vic journos complaining about Kelly.

Which part?
Probably the part where Geelong act like a pack of complete campaigners
I'd go for the weeks of inaccurate media reports fueled by 'sources' personally. Plus this year we have the added bonus of Vic journos complaining about Kelly.

Agree with the two replies above but there’s a multitude of reasons why I hate trade week

Constant media speculation based on nothing
Articles written that are based on false or misleading information provided by clubs and/or player agents to push their own agenda
Inflated player salaries that are taken as gospel
Over/under rating of players by supporters based on club allegiance
Ridiculous trade discussion that had no basis in reality and circular arguments that go nowhere between supporters that somehow believe that they are negotiating in the clubs behalf
The willingness of supporters/media to nominate players as trade bait with no thought of whether they want to leave who then bemoan a players lack of loyalty if they do ask for a trade
In relation to this years trade period the hypocrisy surrounding Kelly’s expected request to be traded to west coast - this is treated like some monumental sin whilst I can’t think of a single other player that’s been remotely questioned in recent times for nominating a particular club (especially players returning to Victoria)
Clubs “winning” trade week where the notion that trading in multiple players is seen as more beneficial than retaining players clubs anticipate will improve - we didn’t trade anyone in at the end of 2017 and were criticised for not improving our list whilst clubs like Port and Essendon were lauded for their aggressive recruitment strategy. One of those clubs won a GF in 2018 and the other two had September off

Trade week shits me to tears

Agree with the two replies above but there’s a multitude of reasons why I hate trade week

Constant media speculation based on nothing
Articles written that are based on false or misleading information provided by clubs and/or player agents to push their own agenda
Inflated player salaries that are taken as gospel
Over/under rating of players by supporters based on club allegiance
Ridiculous trade discussion that had no basis in reality and circular arguments that go nowhere between supporters that somehow believe that they are negotiating in the clubs behalf
The willingness of supporters/media to nominate players as trade bait with no thought of whether they want to leave who then bemoan a players lack of loyalty if they do ask for a trade
In relation to this years trade period the hypocrisy surrounding Kelly’s expected request to be traded to west coast - this is treated like some monumental sin whilst I can’t think of a single other player that’s been remotely questioned in recent times for nominating a particular club (especially players returning to Victoria)
Clubs “winning” trade week where the notion that trading in multiple players is seen as more beneficial than retaining players clubs anticipate will improve - we didn’t trade anyone in at the end of 2017 and were criticised for not improving our list whilst clubs like Port and Essendon were lauded for their aggressive recruitment strategy. One of those clubs won a GF in 2018 and the other two had September off

Trade week s**ts me to tears
I mean this is all fair. I just enjoy the theatre of it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back