Random Discussion Thread 143- Sports, Music, TV and Train Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone here changed banks before? I’d like to know how easy/hard it is.
We changed recently as we got a better home loan deal.

With anything, the original set up and automatic payments was a pain, but went pretty smoothly after that.

Didn't really take too long to get it all sorted though

Did it last year when we moved house and changed mortgage provider. Wasn't too bad, and since we had new utility accounts anyway it was easy to just add new bank details at the same time.

I remember it being easier in UK. The banks manage direct debits, so you just give your old account details to your new bank and they do the rest.

What sort of change are we talking? Transaction account, or a mortgage?

As long as you can remember all your linked direct debits, changing a transaction acct is easy enough.

Changing a mortgage is pretty easy too. Indeed, it can be fun seeing your bank squirm trying to keep your business. Just remember that as the customer, you hold all the power. Enjoy the experience is my advice.

What sort of change are we talking? Transaction account, or a mortgage?

As long as you can remember all your linked direct debits, changing a transaction acct is easy enough.

Changing a mortgage is pretty easy too. Indeed, it can be fun seeing your bank squirm trying to keep your business. Just remember that as the customer, you hold all the power. Enjoy the experience is my advice.
Transaction. I have one personal loan I’ll have to move across but I also may look at refinancing that too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back