Random Discussion Thread 143- Sports, Music, TV and Train Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he wasn't saying he should have picked just complaining about the lack of communication?

Looks like it was both

Lynn - a T20 staple for Australia recently, though missing from its latest matches in India - was miffed not to get a phone call. He also took issue with chief selector Trevor Hohns claiming that he had not played enough cricket in Australia recently; feeling that the reasoning was inconsistent when applied to other players.

"The thing I was disappointed about was the lack of communication. Not even a phone call. I found out on social media," Lynn told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"That's the world we live in these days. But it is what it is. I kind of felt it was coming.

"Put the head down, score some runs and you pick yourself. I'm not losing sleep over it, put it that way. It makes me hungrier and more competitive.

"I haven't spoken to him (Hohns). I find it's something that's ongoing and getting worse in Australian cricket - that lack of communication.

"I'm not just talking about my case. There are plenty of other scenarios where players feel a bit lost on where they stand. It's disappointing."

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks like it was both

Lynn - a T20 staple for Australia recently, though missing from its latest matches in India - was miffed not to get a phone call. He also took issue with chief selector Trevor Hohns claiming that he had not played enough cricket in Australia recently; feeling that the reasoning was inconsistent when applied to other players.

"The thing I was disappointed about was the lack of communication. Not even a phone call. I found out on social media," Lynn told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"That's the world we live in these days. But it is what it is. I kind of felt it was coming.

"Put the head down, score some runs and you pick yourself. I'm not losing sleep over it, put it that way. It makes me hungrier and more competitive.

"I haven't spoken to him (Hohns). I find it's something that's ongoing and getting worse in Australian cricket - that lack of communication.

"I'm not just talking about my case. There are plenty of other scenarios where players feel a bit lost on where they stand. It's disappointing."
Much more about communication. However whinging, particularly when you are borderline at best, is never a good option.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
The problem with a lot of these cricketers is they really aren't that good. Due to the money flying around overseas and in domestic T20 etc, they believe their own hype at the lower levels. Perform. Perform consistently when given the opportunity at the highest level and you will get picked. This isn't like the teams of the late 90's/ early 2000's where fantastic players couldn't get a look in, due to depth and a winning team. We are crying out for batters in all forms of the game who consistently perform.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It was a mature innings from Nielsen. He hasn't done a whole lot at first class level but he hasn't had a heap of opportunities and he's 24, there's time yet. Might get some more shots as Carey spends more time playing for Australia, or should otherwise consider giving up the gloves.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
O
It was a mature innings from Nielsen. He hasn't done a whole lot at first class level but he hasn't had a heap of opportunities and he's 24, there's time yet. Might get some more shots as Carey spends more time playing for Australia, or should otherwise consider giving up the gloves.
or move states

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Well today was a great day.

My eldest daughter has made the 2019 WA State Academy 16’s Summer Program.

Loved her reaction too - she was absolutely ecstatic about it 😁

Looks a pretty full on 5 week program with fitness, skills, game play and education all part of the process.

Been pretty pumped all afternoon 👍🏽
I know I’m a few days late to the party but * yeah man, carn Lil’ Biggie! Great news man

I know I’m a few days late to the party but fu** yeah man, carn Lil’ Biggie! Great news man
Cheers buddy! ANd to everyone on here - my extended butt-* crazy online family :hearts::hearts::hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So while the Biggie family is having some awesome sporting success, I feel like there's another RDTer who is keeping a triumph of their own secret.

West Coast bowls over Dockers in retirement village derby
A NORTHERN suburbs derby recently saw West Coast defeat the Dockers 236 to 209.

Kingsway Court retirement village in Madeley hosted the footbowls match on its bowling green on October 13.

Keys want to share any memories?

Yes I know that's a cheap shot, but I'm nor above them.

The Deuce is this decade's The Wire (as evidenced by the writers and producers), if you don't watch it you're not elite - like me and other hipster vegan craft wine drinkers [I'm not vegan nor do I drink wine I'm making fun of you you caveman #4thagram].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back