Random Discussion Thread 144- Where Ochre kicks better than future AFLW star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got halfway through and got bored, does it get any better?

I find the 60s stuff interesting because the birth of the *hippy/ progressive movement*
The Beatles, Manson Helter Skelter etc
The official narrative doesn’t add up

So as said previously, shows like mindhunter are great. But they are not produced for free etc, and who is ever paying has their own agenda..
That best benifets them. (Regardless of everything and everyone else )

$narrative$

I’m early 20s but it’s not really about becoming huge or anything, just looking less like the stick that I usually am lol.

Yeah fair enough too, it's a good thing to follow simply from health point of view anyway. I concur, a good diet is paramount to results, I'd say it's almost 40% of the battle to achieving desired body shape. These days I go for a combination of HIIT, intermittent fasting to allow me to enjoy a few beers and shitty meals a week and still have the desired body shape I'd like.

I'm actually just starting Wim Hoff's book to check out his meditation and cold training stuff. I'm always keen to try new things and keep things interesting in regards to fitness and injury management.

So I’ve been gymming fairly regularly for the past few years with significant strength increase but not much in the way of actual mass.

Started a proper meal plan this week I saw an improvement within like 2 days.

Can’t stress enough how important diet is in this sort of thing.

There was a bit of an adage that training is 70% diet and 30% exercise. It's probably a little skewed but you can eat to a body shape without training (depending what the body shape is) but if you're training without the appropriate fuel you'll battle to get the desired results.

How old are you? I found after about 35 I stopped caring so much about mass and now focus on core strength, stamina, a flat stomach and low body fat. Ironically it's about that age where mass became easy to gain. Being big is great, but I don't like getting puffed when I'm thrashing one out.

Me too brah. I inadvertently lost 7kg just not having time to be totally selfish and watch sports and drink beers as there's too much parenting to do. I also started intermittent fasting. But now I'm back on the bike cycling again and would much prefer to be lean than bulked.

F*ck hauling around 100kg on a bike for long rides. Plus eating that many times per day is so tedious. I've done a few 40km rides now, working back up to the 50.

Me too brah. I inadvertently lost 7kg just not having time to be totally selfish and watch sports and drink beers as there's too much parenting to do. I also started intermittent fasting. But now I'm back on the bike cycling again and would much prefer to be lean than bulked.

F*ck hauling around 100kg on a bike for long rides. Plus eating that many times per day is so tedious. I've done a few 40km rides now, working back up to the 50.

Also better for your joints and flexibility in the post 35+ years too.

Like most people I love eating, but when I started the intermittent fasting a few years ago I found quality lean muscle and strength gains to be far greater and that I was more alert on an empty stomach and when I ate I'd get pretty sluggish. I've found it works well for me with a goal of getting/staying lean, and I appreciate a healthy meal more simply coz I eat less.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea though, especially if you're wanting to get swollinghaaaaaaam.

Fitness chat...reminds me of this old joke

Patient: "Doctor, do you think that I shall live until I am ninety?"
Doctor: "How old are you now?"
Patient: "40"
Doctor: "Do you drink, gamble, smoke or do you have any other vice?"
Patient: "No. I don’t drink. I don’t gamble. I don’t smoke. I have no vice."

Doctor: "Then why do you want to live for another fifty years?"

Yea bullet proof coffee is great.

I go the metaBuz tumeric, for the mix (black pepper etc)

I was somewhat taking the piss, I've made a handful of butter coffees with coconut oil and vanilla essence but I've never gone the Yak's gee (s?) and that superfantastic oil that the crazy dude sells, and I've never used tumeric.

I didn't find it hugely different a buzz from a standard espresso, but it did make me go to the toilet pretty quickly!

Also better for your joints and flexibility in the post 35+ years too.

Like most people I love eating, but when I started the intermittent fasting a few years ago I found quality lean muscle and strength gains to be far greater and that I was more alert on an empty stomach and when I ate I'd get pretty sluggish. I've found it works well for me with a goal of getting/staying lean, and I appreciate a healthy meal more simply coz I eat less.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea though, especially if you're wanting to get swollinghaaaaaaam.
I've tried I.F. a few times, but man, the headaches.

I've tried I.F. a few times, but man, the headaches.

I don't think I've had that problem - I'm assuming this is a hunger related thing? I try to get in some black coffees/teas in that time just to get some fill into my gut to distract me, usually only takes about a fortnight at most to adjust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I've had that problem - I'm assuming this is a hunger related thing? I try to get in some black coffees/teas in that time just to get some fill into my gut to distract me, usually only takes about a fortnight at most to adjust.
Are you doing something like a 16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window? Or more a 5-2 protocol?

Are you doing something like a 16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window? Or more a 5-2 protocol?

Yeah roughly the former, sometimes a bit more if I'm going out for a pub meal that night or something. Good or bad my kids eat dinner at 6ish, so I can finish my kj intake around 7 and then wait until midday to eat again. I think the trick is to cut out the night snacking/drinking and it makes a big difference for the next day.

I was somewhat taking the piss, I've made a handful of butter coffees with coconut oil and vanilla essence but I've never gone the Yak's gee (s?) and that superfantastic oil that the crazy dude sells, and I've never used tumeric.

I didn't find it hugely different a buzz from a standard espresso, but it did make me go to the toilet pretty quickly!

Yea the toilet thing is just body getting used
Lasts a couple days
I just go unsalted butter and coconut oil, and buy regular beans etc

Tumeric def works for me, lost about 15 kg and it’s good for inflammation
But also the guy from metaBuz emphasises you must have onions in your diet.. and maybe couple other things, can’t remember

That and fasting once or twice a week, and you can eat and drink as much as you want in between

Yea the toilet thing is just body getting used
Lasts a couple days
I just go unsalted butter and coconut oil, and buy regular beans etc

Tumeric def works for me, lost about 15 kg and it’s good for inflammation
But also the guy from metaBuz emphasises you must have onions in your diet.. and maybe couple other things, can’t remember

That and fasting once or twice a week, and you can eat and drink as much as you want in between

What if you can't eat onions?

6 days solid with no WiFi at home, looks like another quality night in with the, er *sigh*, wife.

But seriously FTA TV is fu**en terrible.
Download Netflix shows/movies at work using their WiFi to watch later at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back