Status
Not open for further replies.

El_ahrairah

Booze Bunny
Oct 12, 2010
Silver Rd Nanobrewery
AFL Club
West Coast
Took a couple of sittings, but got through The Irishman. Great acting all round, but not terribly exciting. If it was made maybe 30 years ago, it would have been a huge deal due to it addressing one of the US's greatest mysteries in regards to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. Missed out on the JFK stuff from the book too which I found to be very interesting. May do well in regards to the Academy Awards but otherwise I'd never give it a rewatch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

squashface

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Picked up Jedi: Fallen Order today.

Keen to play a narrative driven Star Wars game after the more multiplayer Battlefronts.
Yeah I’m keen to get it soon as well, it will be refreshing to play a single player Star Wars game.

In saying that, the old Battlefront 2 on PS2 was probably my favourite game of all time.

Truckosaurus

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Meanwhile I've just finished playing Titanfall 2, which I belatedly picked up after someone called it the best shooter of the generation. I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's a good game and I never thought I'd care so much about something named BT.

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been playing Transport Tycoon that I downloaded off an Abandonware site, I find it really hard to get into newer games these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truckosaurus

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The last five gens have been too easy - you don't even have to grind anymore, you can raise a weak Pokemon without ever having to use it in battle, your rival always sucks ass and the Elite 4 never have a full team. Someone tried to convince me that Sword and Shield were harder because you could run into strong wild Pokemon very early - except you can also now see the Pokemon in the wild so you can easily avoid them and you don't need them to level up because of how easy the game is so it's only a risk if you choose to make it one. I could also go through the game with a single Bug-type if I wanted a challenge, but I shouldn't have to just to get one.

woosha24

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah the latest Pokémon franchise game leaves a lot to be desired. Looks nice in parts, looks pants in parts, will keep the 8 year olds happy with their unbeatable story-mode teams, will bore the advanced players. New creature designs range from "yeah ok, I guess" to "bleargh, pass" to "am I playing Pokémon or YoKai Watch?".

Solid C/ C+ game. Finished the story, have no real desire to pick it up again.

FKASC

Account Deleted
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I need some BBL to cure my sports fix but the Scorchies are going to suck this season. Worst!
The two poms will be handy but Tye’s pies aren’t what they used to be and the rest of the batsmen don’t seem to be in great nick. fu**in Marsh

Coasters7

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I need some BBL to cure my sports fix but the Scorchies are going to suck this season. Worst!
Would be tearing it up if it was still under the old state roster rules. Short, Stoinis, Marsh, Philippe.. that’s a lot of firepower going missing. Don’t know who we’re spending all the money on.

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would be tearing it up if it was still under the old state roster rules. Short, Stoinis, Marsh, Philippe.. that’s a lot of firepower going missing. Don’t know who we’re spending all the money on.
Yep we've lost a heap of homegrown talent. We've always had a formidable bowling attack to support a lack of batting depth but it looks like we're in for a season of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom