Random Discussion Thread 144- Where Ochre kicks better than future AFLW star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a couple of sittings, but got through The Irishman. Great acting all round, but not terribly exciting. If it was made maybe 30 years ago, it would have been a huge deal due to it addressing one of the US's greatest mysteries in regards to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. Missed out on the JFK stuff from the book too which I found to be very interesting. May do well in regards to the Academy Awards but otherwise I'd never give it a rewatch.

Meanwhile I've just finished playing Titanfall 2, which I belatedly picked up after someone called it the best shooter of the generation. I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's a good game and I never thought I'd care so much about something named BT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last five gens have been too easy - you don't even have to grind anymore, you can raise a weak Pokemon without ever having to use it in battle, your rival always sucks ass and the Elite 4 never have a full team. Someone tried to convince me that Sword and Shield were harder because you could run into strong wild Pokemon very early - except you can also now see the Pokemon in the wild so you can easily avoid them and you don't need them to level up because of how easy the game is so it's only a risk if you choose to make it one. I could also go through the game with a single Bug-type if I wanted a challenge, but I shouldn't have to just to get one.

Yeah the latest Pokémon franchise game leaves a lot to be desired. Looks nice in parts, looks pants in parts, will keep the 8 year olds happy with their unbeatable story-mode teams, will bore the advanced players. New creature designs range from "yeah ok, I guess" to "bleargh, pass" to "am I playing Pokémon or YoKai Watch?".

Solid C/ C+ game. Finished the story, have no real desire to pick it up again.

I need some BBL to cure my sports fix but the Scorchies are going to suck this season. Worst!
The two poms will be handy but Tye’s pies aren’t what they used to be and the rest of the batsmen don’t seem to be in great nick. *in Marsh

I need some BBL to cure my sports fix but the Scorchies are going to suck this season. Worst!
Would be tearing it up if it was still under the old state roster rules. Short, Stoinis, Marsh, Philippe.. that’s a lot of firepower going missing. Don’t know who we’re spending all the money on.

Would be tearing it up if it was still under the old state roster rules. Short, Stoinis, Marsh, Philippe.. that’s a lot of firepower going missing. Don’t know who we’re spending all the money on.

Yep we've lost a heap of homegrown talent. We've always had a formidable bowling attack to support a lack of batting depth but it looks like we're in for a season of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back