Random Discussion Thread 144- Where Ochre kicks better than future AFLW star

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That is a bastard of a job. Doesn't help that I leave it until it hasn't rained in ages so it's like forking concrete.

Yeah I'll hire a machine next time. My poor keyboard hands are all beaten up! Gotta hit it with soil wetter and some weed n feed next. We've just moved in so haven't had access to do it any earlier but I reckon you're absolutely right, start of Spring with some intermittent rain would definitely help.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I'll hire a machine next time. My poor keyboard hands are all beaten up! Gotta hit it with soil wetter and some weed n feed next. We've just moved in so haven't had access to do it any earlier but I reckon you're absolutely right, start of Spring with some intermittent rain would definitely help.
Yep, major gardening jobs gotta be commenced at start of Spring. Makes life much easier later on. Guess that’s where the phrase Spring cleaning comes from.

If you can't operate a pitchfork without regret I doubt power tools are the safest next step

Imagine how great a Celebrations box would be if you were tiny, like this man?

images.jpeg

And what great value too.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If you can't operate a pitchfork without regret I doubt power tools are the safest next step

I bought the cheapest pitch fork I could so it wasn't very ergonomic with the short handle. Hours bent over stomping it into hard turf and ripping it around in circles to open up the penetrations.

An aerator/corer would've done the same job in minutes with a handle at the correct height that I can stand upright. My back is shagged anyway from slinging drill rods up North in my youf bit I don't help myself sometimes going full steam at the chores.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
I bought the cheapest pitch fork I could so it wasn't very ergonomic with the short handle. Hours bent over stomping it into hard turf and ripping it around in circles to open up the penetrations.

An aerator/corer would've done the same job in minutes with a handle at the correct height that I can stand upright. My back is shagged anyway from slinging drill rods up North in my youf bit I don't help myself sometimes going full steam at the chores.
Doing something like that requires deep thought prior to commencing.

My approach is to think about it, then do something else.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back