Banter Random Discussion Thread 145- More Reliable Than Russian Drug Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Was at the G yesterday. Woeful experience. I was so excited when we skittled them early

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Well McGregor is back and my stream died when the fight started but having caught the fight highlights on Instagram I'm glad I didn't bother going to the pub for a TKO inside the first minute. Hope he takes on Masvidal next.

My two favourite things about Twitter
• Vishy liking the most random s**t fulling my feed up with stuff I’d never otherwise see or look fir
• Badge losing his s**t on a weekly basis watching Leeds

Imagine being 16 points clear on top of the AFL ladder at Round 11 then not getting a home final.

This is much worse than that.

What is the go with Leeds anyway? Every year they look good and then fade away in the back end of the season. Would be worse to support than North Melbourne

That’s a misconception. Every year they’re irrelevant and mediocre.

Last year though, they went out and got the best coach in the world in some miracle prayer attempt to get promoted. Had a strong position last year and played the best football they’ve played in literal decades, but collapsed in the most gut punch of fashion to miss promotion.

This year, they’re well on track to top that effort somehow, made worse by the fact that three of our six losses have been followed by a formal apology from the league regarding refereeing.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I felt bad for Cowboy, he is one of the nicest blokes going around

Made his money, less opportunities to do so now he's in the twilight of his career. People are lining up to fight Notorious instead of going for the belt because he is where the money is.

But the build up was pretty respectful on both sides, was a nice change.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
So being a UFC noob, are those shoulder hits legal?

Unsure, but you can do stuff like Bury your head into the neck of an opponent when wrestling and put your hand over their mouth to inhibit their breathing in a similar scenario so I can't see it being a huge issue. An elbow would've done a lot more damage.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Unsure, but you can do stuff like Bury your head into the neck of an opponent when wrestling and put your hand over their mouth to inhibit their breathing in a similar scenario so I can't see it being a huge issue. An elbow would've done a lot more damage.
It sounded like a new move, nobody in commentary knew what to make of it. Is this right, all you UFC/MMA aficionados?

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
My two favourite things about Twitter
• Vishy liking the most random s**t fulling my feed up with stuff I’d never otherwise see or look fir
• Badge losing his s**t on a weekly basis watching Leeds
I could live without the Clippers blow-by-blow, but I ain't gonna unfollow and miss the reaction to the annual Leeds blowup. Started earlier than usual this season too.

It helps ease the pain of Sunday mornings and Southampton blowing yet another home game from a winning position.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
That’s a misconception. Every year they’re irrelevant and mediocre.

Last year though, they went out and got the best coach in the world in some miracle prayer attempt to get promoted. Had a strong position last year and played the best football they’ve played in literal decades, but collapsed in the most gut punch of fashion to miss promotion.

This year, they’re well on track to top that effort somehow, made worse by the fact that three of our six losses have been followed by a formal apology from the league regarding refereeing.
Yeah, not North Melbourne. More like Richmond pre-2017.

I could live without the Clippers blow-by-blow, but I ain't gonna unfollow and miss the reaction to the annual Leeds blowup. Started earlier than usual this season too.

It helps ease the pain of Sunday mornings and Southampton blowing yet another home game from a winning position.

Send us Che Adams. No use being halfway bad and a bit upset. Send us Adams, be miserable, let me be happy. It’s a win win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back