Banter Random Discussion Thread 146 - Quinz still thinks he has a job

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i gather in nz he’s Waititi and in Hollywood he’s Cohen..
Also according to imdb, he hasn't gone by Cohen in over 15 years, and everything he went by Cohen in was a NZ project, so please explain this comment

From what i gather in nz he’s Waititi and in Hollywood he’s Cohen..

So uses race to his advantage when it suits

His parents split when he was young, he was raised by his mother (surname Cohen) and does all of his professional work under his father’s name (Waititi). He doesn’t chop and change depending on what country he’s in, and if he’s trying to hide the Waititi element of his name he should probably stop directing Oscar nominated and billion dollar grossing Marvel films under the name.

Frankly Georgie I’m surprised you’ve taken umbrage to this islander who took the piss out of Hitler in front of the entire world, that’s not like you.

Last edited:
and does all of his professional work under his father’s name (Waititi)
Sort of. He used to split the surname between activities but since Boy took off it's been Waitit all the time. This interview explains it:

It’s really because — both my parents are in the arts. My mother is a writer and a schoolteacher; my father is a painter. Growing up I was doing a lot of acting and stuff. And because Cohen is on my passport, I would use Cohen through school, and I was known as Taika Cohen. And then, when I went to live with my dad on that side of the family, I was known as Waititi. So I always used both names throughout my life according to where I was living. As a painter, I often felt like that was more the Waititi side of myself; I would be Taika Waititi as the painter. And then, because I made my first short film in that area where I was known as Waititi, that was the name that was put on the film. And that film did really well and suddenly I had a career as a filmmaker, and now everyone knows me as Waititi. It’s not like I’m running away from Cohen or anything, it just happened. And I’m still Taika Cohen on all my of legal documents.

Sort of. He used to split the surname between activities but since Boy took off it's been Waitit all the time. This interview explains it:

At first pass that all seems reasonable, but to the trained eye that’s clearly more $narrative holding$ from big Hollywood.

At first pass that all seems reasonable, but to the trained eye that’s clearly more $narrative holding$ from big Hollywood.
Oh gee, it's like you want me to spend another minute doing some research:

In addition, Waititi is a talented painter - an exhibition of painted-on banknotes earned him some media notoriety in 2000 - a book illustrator, art photographer and musician. Not that there's any confusion, in his mind at least, about who he is. "Cohen" is the name on his birth certificate and "Waititi" is his father's surname, but his current choice of surname doesn't signal a shift in identity. "I've used both names throughout my life, for different things. 'Cohen' has always been what I've used for my acting, writing and the stuff to do with theatre ... and 'Waititi' is what I've used for my art, painting and photography. For all the visual arts stuff, as opposed to all the performing ..."

I'm sure that can put Georgie's mind at ease so they can get back to denying anthropogenic cimate change.

That image of Cuz leaning against the wall in the race after doing his hammy is still the most gut-wrenching photo in football. Especially now that we know what comes after.
Such is life..

I went on Kayo and watched some of the classics matches.

Some reason i watched the WC v Port Final from 07.

Some things i noticed watching as my memory of this is hazy due to being plastered watching it back in 07 ( and being so upset by the result)

- Judd: Being that this was his last game at WC it was odd to watch. He was on one leg but he kept trying and trying and was dangerous as a forward in the second and third 1/4 where he had 2 goals and could have kicked 2 more and had a hand in one more. He was so pumped each time he got a goal.

- Cousins: Was a quite game but when he did get the ball he made stuff happen. When he did his hammy you could feel the team was devastated.

- We had no Kerr or Fletcher but was right in it all game.

- Lecra: Played as a mid and he looked so slick!

- Priddis: He was actually very good and his kicking seemed to be a lot better than what it was in his later days. Didnt looks out of place.

- Gameplan: We just seemed so drilled that when we were 4 goals up you felt like we were going to win in... But then Cousins does his hammy and they all switched off.

Was actually a pretty good game to watch with Port almost costing the game with a free to WC in the last minute.

We also had no Kerr , Fletcher , Judd on one leg not playing midfield and Cousins out in the last ...

The 5 minutes after that game was the most upset I’ve ever been after a game of footy.

Absolute rubbish from the WA top order.

I'm glad we convinced Phillippe to stay, Green doing his thing again :greenheart:

Bancroft is woefully out of form though, should be dropped. It's amazing how the likes of Bancroft, Cartwright and Turner have gone from playing for Aus to struggling big time at domestic level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf how on earth did we allow Webster to hit almost 200 at a run a ball batting with the tail???

624200c1d0bebbc2b09791956eb9017f.jpg

d91cd13a98bf3de46261dd49e9a2e06b.jpg

3fc5dc7941c4edc4fecbf5e69c8e954f.jpg

I’ve seen “Australia/WA/Scorchers are choking” so many times the words have lost all meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back