Banter Random Discussion Thread 146 - Quinz still thinks he has a job

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very special that the mum got some photos of her son smiling.

I dunno, I reckon there’d be few instances of players visiting sick kids willingly without the club and their PR organising it. Maybe some who have mentoring/sponsorship type arrangements with certain kids.
Yeah for sure, plenty of players would be doing it off their own bat, wasn't trying to say they're being forced into it and it needs to stop.
I dunno though, I just think that kind of thing would take it's toll.

Very special that the mum got some photos of her son smiling.

I dunno, I reckon there’d be few instances of players visiting sick kids willingly without the club and their PR organising it. Maybe some who have mentoring/sponsorship type arrangements with certain kids.
Nic does this. Calls into the children's hospital often.

Yeah for sure, plenty of players would be doing it off their own bat, wasn't trying to say they're being forced into it and it needs to stop.
I dunno though, I just think that kind of thing would take it's toll.
Nah I meant there wouldn’t be many players doing it off their own bat. I reckon that would do it wouldn’t be getting as affected by it mentally.

who knows though, i’ve never had to do it or been in the position to

Nah I meant there wouldn’t be many players doing it off their own bat. I reckon that would do it wouldn’t be getting as affected by it mentally.

who knows though, i’ve never had to do it or been in the position to

The police took a dim view of my efforts to visit sick children at the hospital :think:

Anyone looked into intermittent fasting at all?
Just started doing it a few days ago as my meal replacment shakes seem to have reached their limit in terms of losing weight. I'm trying to eat between 12pm and 8pm, but haven't been doing it long enough to tell if its working yet.

Mum's been on it since the new year and shes dropped 6-7kg. She's combined it with a keto diet and I'm going to try the same.

Just started doing it a few days ago as my meal replacment shakes seem to have reached their limit in terms of losing weight. I'm trying to eat between 12pm and 8pm, but haven't been doing it long enough to tell if its working yet.

Mum's been on it since the new year and shes dropped 6-7kg. She's combined it with a keto diet and I'm going to try the same.
Yeah I've just started as well on the 16-8, hasn't been as bad as I thought so far.
Need to do something to shift the weight, I'm at the age where just eating better and exercising isn't doing enough so I thought I'd try something new.
What kind of things do you eat/not eat with keto?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've just started as well on the 16-8, hasn't been as bad as I thought so far.
Need to do something to shift the weight, I'm at the age where just eating better and exercising isn't doing enough so I thought I'd try something new.
What kind of things do you eat/not eat with keto?
No/low carbs and high fat. Basically just avoid carbs or substitute then where you can. An example is when we have spag bol instead of using spaghetti mums been making noodles out of zucchini. Still avoid saturated fats that you get in fried s**t but fatty things like cheese are great apparently if you cut carbs.

It’s just simple things like when I order bacon and eggs at the cafe I ask for no toast, instead of having rice with my paella last night I made cauliflower rice, and the zucchini noodles are a popular one as well. It’s surprisingly easy to eliminate carbs where you can I’ve found. If you’re a beer drinker it might be more challenging.

Once I’ve been doing it for a week or two I’ll be sure to let you know how it’s going

No/low carbs and high fat. Basically just avoid carbs or substitute then where you can. An example is when we have spag bol instead of using spaghetti mums been making noodles out of zucchini. Still avoid saturated fats that you get in fried s**t but fatty things like cheese are great apparently if you cut carbs.

It’s just simple things like when I order bacon and eggs at the cafe I ask for no toast, instead of having rice with my paella last night I made cauliflower rice, and the zucchini noodles are a popular one as well. It’s surprisingly easy to eliminate carbs where you can I’ve found. If you’re a beer drinker it might be more challenging.

Once I’ve been doing it for a week or two I’ll be sure to let you know how it’s going
Yeah be interesting to compare, I've been cutting back on carbs but not to the same extent.

Yeah be interesting to compare, I've been cutting back on carbs but not to the same extent.
I tried it while I was at uni to varying degrees of success, always ended up undoing it while I was at work unfortunately. I was cursed by working at a Coles next door to a ripper kebab shop.

I’m more determined to make it work this time, I’m off to a good start compared to where I was when I left uni but I’d still like to lose a fair bit more.

I tried it while I was at uni to varying degrees of success, always ended up undoing it while I was at work unfortunately. I was cursed by working at a Coles next door to a ripper kebab shop.

I’m more determined to make it work this time, I’m off to a good start compared to where I was when I left uni but I’d still like to lose a fair bit more.
Yeah, I find it hard to be consistent with my eating, I'll start off with the best of intentions and then more and more crap food tends to work it's way back into my diet

Yeah, I find it hard to be consistent with my eating, I'll start off with the best of intentions and then more and more crap food tends to work it's way back into my diet
Yep. Luckily for me I now live somewhere where food isn’t really an option. We have a burger van that’s open twice a week but that’s it.

what killed me was pulling through the drive thru when I couldn’t be bothered cooking, which was a lot. And that damned kebab shop.

Yep. Luckily for me I now live somewhere where food isn’t really an option. We have a burger van that’s open twice a week but that’s it.

what killed me was pulling through the drive thru when I couldn’t be bothered cooking, which was a lot. And that damned kebab shop.
Yeah I feel you, it's just easy to eat s**t food a lot of the time, my lack of self control is usually the deal breaker.

Just randomly flicked to Fox Sports 504 and there’s some late 90s game between North Melbourne and WC.

Man, Tony Evans + Phil Matera in the forwardline 🍆

New Zealand just lost another game in a super over

Needed 10 off 2 and Rohit Sharma hit 2 sixes to finish.
Not to mention they needed 2 off 4 to win in the regular match.
2 off 4 with Kane Williamson on strike having genuinely played the best T20 innings I've seen. 95 off 48 yet basically risk free.

Southees super over was dreadful though. 20 off it and a few more balls shouldve gone that didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back