Banter Random Discussion Thread 147 - Taika Waititi's New World Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being paranoid doesn't make you a free thinker.

I never said it does

Prof. of Chemistry Cornell University Dave Collum
“I am a ‘conspiracy theorist. I believe men and women of wealth conspire. If you don’t think so, then you are what is called ‘an idiot’. If you believe stuff but fear the label, you are what is called ‘a coward’.”

That’s a little harsh!! And I wouldn’t expect a kind portrayal....
But the continued rewriting of history is a bit of niggle

What was it Orwell said?
“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Waititi’s aka Cohen‘s Valkyrie

View attachment 829685

Ooooooh, he cast an American as a fictional character in the highest grossing American series of films ever made.

This Waititi/Cohen bloke is really pulling all the strings of history, what a wicked web he weaves.

I never said it does

Prof. of Chemistry Cornell University Dave Collum
“I am a ‘conspiracy theorist. I believe men and women of wealth conspire. If you don’t think so, then you are what is called ‘an idiot’. If you believe stuff but fear the label, you are what is called ‘a coward’.”
The problem here is that 'conspiracy' can mean 'working together in secret', or it can mean 'batshit theory that ignores conflicting evidence or simpler alternate theories'. The former includes things like the evidence presented in the Panama Papers, the latter includes narrative holders + NZ-grown hollywood film directors.

I guess I'm a coward when it comes to equivocation. :(

Yeah but he cast one of the most popular young actresses in the world to play a member of a fictional alien race in a movie about super powered people.

Infecting the youth with this sick filth...
Oh that was his point?

There's a lot of missing posts in this thread for me. How mysterious.
I understand being annoyed at Badge's embarrassing handling of the last RDT but muting him seems excessive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit sick of this thread tbh, I might put Hallelujah by Leonard Waititi on and unwind.
'I've heard there was a secret chord...'

Sounds like Georgie's type of song

The problem here is that 'conspiracy' can mean 'working together in secret', or it can mean 'batshit theory that ignores conflicting evidence or simpler alternate theories'. The former includes things like the evidence presented in the Panama Papers, the latter includes narrative holders + NZ-grown hollywood film directors.

I guess I'm a coward when it comes to equivocation. :(

No, you are being disingenuous
‘Conspiracy’ meaning
-a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful
-the action of plotting or conspiring

Your alluding to conspiracy theorist, a term explained well in quote above
And a term coined by the cia to smear those who questioned the official narrative etc etc

Specifically, in April 1967, the CIA wrote a dispatch which coined the term “conspiracy theories” … and recommended methods for discrediting such theories. The dispatch was marked “psych” – short for “psychological operations” or disinformation

No, you are being disingenuous
‘Conspiracy’ meaning
-a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful
-the action of plotting or conspiring

Your alluding to conspiracy theorist, a term explained well in quote above
And a term coined by the cia to smear those who questioned the official narrative etc etc

Specifically, in April 1967, the CIA wrote a dispatch which coined the term “conspiracy theories” … and recommended methods for discrediting such theories. The dispatch was marked “psych” – short for “psychological operations” or disinformation

I was born in April 1967. Obviously this was not a coincidence

You'd also need about 40x the cricket chat to catch Leeds on the number of people that care to the amount of discussion in here ratio.

Rarely if ever do I bring Leeds up, it’s usually brought up to use against me as an example of my shocking taste (guilty).

Anyway, next time Bon Jovi goes on radio out of the blue to say he’ll give a random English cricketer money if he plays well tonight, you let me know. And that’s just today’s bullshit.

It’s not always good, but Leeds United is always a wild ride.

‘fictional character’
In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (/vælˈkɪəri, -ˈkaɪri, vɑːl-, ˈvælkəri/;[1] from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live.

Going by your logic it would be acceptable to have an ‘American’ play a central role in a Australian Aboriginal Dreamtime film...

‘Highest grossing‘- completely irrelevant

It’s a fictional character because it’s a movie about a set of space aliens in a universe full of super humans fighting over magic rocks.

It’s troubling, but not at all surprising, that you can’t differentiate between fiction and fact.

Norse mythology is also fiction FYI, but this isn’t a movie about Norse mythology, it’s a movie about wise cracking aliens that fight the Hulk.

It’s a fictional character because it’s a movie about a set of space aliens in a universe full of super humans fighting over magic rocks.

Hmm, you mean like cultural appropriation??
lol

Norse mythology is also fiction FYI, but this isn’t a movie about Norse mythology, it’s a movie about wise cracking aliens that fight the Hulk.

..sigh..
would you write off Australian Aboriginal mythology so quickly?

Last edited:
Hmm, you mean like cultural appropriation??
lol

..sigh..
would write off Australian Aboriginal mythology so quickly?

All mythology is fiction. That’s why it’s mythology and not history.

A movie about a gamma radiated scientist punching Jeff Goldblum whilst on a distant planet is a work of fiction.

Then again, maybe it’s fact and the $narrative holders$ are just trying to keep the $sheeple$ in the $dark$ about the dangers of interstellar Jeff Goldblums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back