Banter Random Discussion Thread 147 - Taika Waititi's New World Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘fictional character’
In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (/vælˈkɪəri, -ˈkaɪri, vɑːl-, ˈvælkəri/;[1] from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live.

Going by your logic it would be acceptable to have an ‘American’ play a central role in a Australian Aboriginal Dreamtime film...

‘Highest grossing‘- completely irrelevant

I live in Sweden, am half Scandinavian and we all moved on from Norse mythology about a 1000 years ago.

But honestly, I'm a bit offended you would use my culture as a bat to whack others with. :rolleyes:

Charlie Sheen
Nicholas Cage
John Wayne
Jennifer Aniston
Meg Ryan
Whoopi Goldberg
Tom Cruise
Etc

Hollywood is full of people who use stage names that are different to their legal names by were born with

Charlie Sheen
Nicholas Cage
John Wayne
Jennifer Aniston
Meg Ryan
Whoopi Goldberg
Tom Cruise
Etc

Hollywood is full of people who use stage names that are different to their legal names by were born with

$narrative holders$ all.

Today I found out that Tina Fey’s real name is Elizabeth Stamatina Fey. Ultimately a good choice by her I think.

Anyway Georgie, you getting offended on behalf of a fictitious race of comic book aliens invented by three Jewish New Yorkers has been an interesting change of pace, but in all sincerity you should check out the Society, Religion and Politics board or the Conspiracy board.

They’re definitely your speed, and it’s a bit of a shame the fine folks there haven’t been exposed to any of your postings from this account yet.

No, you are being disingenuous
‘Conspiracy’ meaning
-a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful
-the action of plotting or conspiring

Your alluding to conspiracy theorist, a term explained well in quote above
And a term coined by the cia to smear those who questioned the official narrative etc etc

Specifically, in April 1967, the CIA wrote a dispatch which coined the term “conspiracy theories” … and recommended methods for discrediting such theories. The dispatch was marked “psych” – short for “psychological operations” or disinformation

And, as always, the best propaganda and psych operations work by telling the truth.

"Conspiracy theorists" Flat earthers, yeti, Kennedy was killed by spacemen working for NASA are straight up nut jobs.
Conspiracy, as in collusion, powerful people working together in their own self interest is as old as time.

There is a yawning chasm between the 2.

The only 'conspiracy theory' I believe is that all these conspiracy theories are a conspiracy, to distract suspicious people from the fact the powerful dont know what the * they are doing.

I recall there was some fascination with the Trivago girl on here.

Watching a UK stream; they’ve refilmed all of the usual Australian Trivago ads with British actors for UK tele, but the main actress is still the same as the Aussie ads, Aussie accent and all. What a country.

Don't tell Georgie but I'm in on the conspiracy, when my Mum left my biological father I assumed the name of my stepfather without changing my name legally for many many years. Thought I'd got away with it too but..... damn that Georgie now the whole international conspiracy is going to come out.

Don't tell Georgie but I'm in on the conspiracy, when my Mum left my biological father I assumed the name of my stepfather without changing my name legally for many many years. Thought I'd got away with it too but..... damn that Georgie now the whole international conspiracy is going to come out.

You think that’s bad?

HoneyBadger35 isn’t even my real name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I’ve done a bit of research and I’ve found out that Spider-Man’s real name is Peter Parker. I’m just over this nerd using a fake name to get in the pants of Mary Jane.

A special place in hell is reserved for those campaigners at work who book meetings right at the start or end of a work day. What the f**k are you people thinking! If you book a meeting for 20 people at 4pm there is no way in hell that meeting ends at 5. You are responsible for screwing up the work life of 20 people.

Taika Waititi's New World Order? Does that mean we will eventually get Taika Waititi's New World Order Hollywood and Taika Waititi's New World Order Wolfpac when it inevitably splits?

I recall there was some fascination with the Trivago girl on here.

Watching a UK stream; they’ve refilmed all of the usual Australian Trivago ads with British actors for UK tele, but the main actress is still the same as the Aussie ads, Aussie accent and all. What a country.
That’s because she’s the finest thing that’s ever graced our television screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back