Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

So here is the signle greatest photograph taken in the history of the world. Well, there was much mirth around my workplace about the guys and the beagle.

Screenshot2011-08-16at120624PM.png

Then this appears today.

Screenshot2011-08-16at120619PM.png

The guy is holding the leash but where's the beagle gone? It's a freakin' outrage.

Here's a refreshing article in the New York Times written by one of the world's richest men, Warren Buffett, about the absurdly low tax the super rich pay in America.

"OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched."

Our mining magnates should read this.

This is simply magnificient.

"Mayor gift to ex-wife? A 20-tonne boulder on her lawn, wrapped in ribbon with note."

pch10176833_high.jpg

"A boulder topped with a pink ribbon and covered in a spray-painted message: "Happy birthday, Isa." sits in the driveway of Isabelle Prevost, Monday, August 15, 2011, in Acton Vale, Que. The 20-ton stone was left there as a gift by Dany Lariviere, her ex-husband and mayor of a nearby municipality, following lengthy divorce proceedings."

Read more about this thoughtful man's work here.

This is fascinating reading: how a few economic students saved Brazil's economy from hyper inflation by inventing fake money. Amazing read. Wonder if some countries will be needing that soon.

How Fake Money Saved Brazil

"This is a story about how an economist and his buddies tricked the people of Brazil into saving the country from rampant inflation. They had a crazy, unlikely plan, and it worked.

Twenty years ago, Brazil's inflation rate hit 80 percent per month. At that rate, if eggs cost $1 one day, they'll cost $2 a month later. If it keeps up for a year, they'll cost $1,000."

Fake money here.

The very guy I took my username from 'Echols' was set free from 18yrs on death row as of Friday.
http://www.wm3.org/

18yrs spent in prison for a crime he(and 2 others) did not commit.

There is already talk of two seperate films in the works.

The very guy I took my username from 'Echols' was set free from 18yrs on death row as of Friday.
http://www.wm3.org/

18yrs spent in prison for a crime he(and 2 others) did not commit.

There is already talk of two seperate films in the works.

You must be pleased, Echols!

On a more serious note, I discovered this week you can buy pre cut onions in a bag, frozen. I'm sure this says something about society.

You must be pleased, Echols!

On a more serious note, I discovered this week you can buy pre cut onions in a bag, frozen. I'm sure this says something about society.
I saw those several years ago at the supermarket... right up there with cut potatoes in a can. I just don't get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing that Ehole , you alert me too the issue and week or two back , and bingo , there out.....:cool:
I must move on now.....

Did you watch the Doco's?

Brilliant! Here are some model kits for conspiracy theories.

(It's actually part of an ad campaign).

Here's the faked moon landing one for Hank.

moon-landing-20110824-184609.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back