Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to get into Bitcoin currency right now, seems the wave of the future. They had their first currency crash a few days back, now seems a good time to buy and see if it will recover. Yes, the only thing you can buy off it is Silkroad contraband, but maybe i want to get hold of some Caesium-135 or snort some prescription drugs.
Did you buy?

About this time 20 years ago we where watching the television screens of a plane flying into the twin towers in New York. The repeated pictures, the explosions and subsequent fire and then the unbelievable fall of the towers....

Having visited the World Trade center about 12 years previously I just couldn't help feel about the tourists who were lined up to go the Top of the World...

Whilst I knew it was real it still felt like a Hollywood movie.

Went to bed that night knowing the world definitely changed that day.

About this time 20 years ago we where watching the television screens of a plane flying into the twin towers in New York. The repeated pictures, the explosions and subsequent fire and then the unbelievable fall of the towers....

Having visited the World Trade center about 12 years previously I just couldn't help feel about the tourists who were lined up to go the Top of the World...

And from then the world seems to of continually changed in so many unpredictable ways .

I lived in the UK at that stage and was home sick with a nasty cold. Woke up on the couch and turned the TV on just in time to see the second plane hit live.

The next day we had heavily armed police at Canary Wharf near where we lived.

We were travelling to Italy that week. Tanks around the perimeter of Heathrow, armed soldiers in the terminal and the precursor to the security presence we've grown used to over the last 20 years. When we arrived in Rome, nothing. No one at the gate, picked up our bags and walked out of the airport.

Hey guys. Any landscape gardeners here who are able to dog out the yard in our new home and lay turf and soil? Only about 3×6m (not much at all)
Would rather it go to a hawk

18.09.21 Police blockade of Melbourne.

So far my replacement has been delayed at least 40 minutes getting through the various check points from the Domain Tunnel to Docklands..... and waiting.

Survived the Great Police blockade of the city. Just flashed my gold card...my HFC Gold Membership card..."You Sir can proceed" :). Took my relief 50 minutes longer though as she was coming into the city whereas I had only 1 stop to prove my creds.

Survived the Great Police blockade of the city. Just flashed my gold card...my HFC Gold Membership card..."You Sir can proceed" :). Took my relief 50 minutes longer though as she was coming into the city whereas I had only 1 stop to prove my creds.

Would love to believe this:)

Random question for those in the know.
Why is live ammo even on a movie set

apart from potentially security guards with seperate facilities

you’d hope that doesn’t happen in AU

Random question for those in the know.
Why is live ammo even on a movie set

apart from potentially security guards with seperate facilities

you’d hope that doesn’t happen in AU
You know how it is with Yanks and guns. They need to be able to protect themselves from any local terrorist attack. Just in case.

How many US senators and congressmen turn in their guns each day before entering the Capitol Building? (And how many don't?)

s**t like this is always going to happen in the US. They are all batshit crazy.

It certainly did - and for a moment we had a sliver of an idea of what the global community could become as the world (with the exception of many extremist Arabs) reeled in horror at the consequences of mans inhumanity to man.

Of course the Americans couldn't have that, seeking to retain their 100% strike rate of ******* up every foreign relations decision since 1945, so set about conquering an unconquerable nation in Afghanistan and actually achieved the feat but had to go and sort out Iraq, despite them having absolutely no involvement in the attack and left both countries a ******* mess. Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia (where the terrorists came from) they sold much oil and thanked Allah for the great dick kissing that is America.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They flew surveillance missions daily over Iraq and had done since the gulf war. Iraq’s Air Force was destroyed and was no threat. The threat from wmd was at most minimal and at the most fanciful.

now the missions are replaced by lethal drones both in Iraq and Afghanistan and who knows where else

You know how it is with Yanks and guns. They need to be able to protect themselves from any local terrorist attack. Just in case.

How many US senators and congressmen turn in their guns each day before entering the Capitol Building? (And how many don't?)

sh*t like this is always going to happen in the US. They are all batshit crazy.

more concerned that this may be going on when they film in places like Australia, especially at a time when Aussies are jailed for attending a football game

It certainly did - and for a moment we had a sliver of an idea of what the global community could become as the world (with the exception of many extremist Arabs) reeled in horror at the consequences of mans inhumanity to man.

Of course the Americans couldn't have that, seeking to retain their 100% strike rate of ******* up every foreign relations decision since 1945, so set about conquering an unconquerable nation in Afghanistan and actually achieved the feat but had to go and sort out Iraq, despite them having absolutely no involvement in the attack and left both countries a ******* mess. Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia (where the terrorists came from) they sold much oil and thanked Allah for the great dick kissing that is America.
I wouldn't agree that they conquered Afghanistan. They pushed the Taliban back underground and kept a facade of peace, without really taking total control. If they had truly conquered the country, the Taliban would have taken more than five minutes to take over again.

Historically, the Yanks have never won a war outside US soil. Granted, they helped win the WWs after sitting on their arses for three years in each. Not sure Iraq counts as a war - you really need to have both sides getting it on. Agree with your general sentiment, though.

more concerned that this may be going on when they film in places like Australia, especially at a time when Aussies are jailed for attending a football game
They devised a plan and used subtefuge that said to the Australian community - * you, we are better than you and will do what we want to do.

I have as much sympathy for them as I will for Clive Palmer when they seize his jet next time he flies into WA airspace, although I would suggest rather than putting him on the train home, he has a bit of a walk.

They devised a plan and used subtefuge that said to the Australian community - fu** you, we are better than you and will do what we want to do.

I have as much sympathy for them as I will for Clive Palmer when they seize his jet next time he flies into WA airspace, although I would suggest rather than putting him on the train home, he has a bit of a walk.

ever seen Schindler’s list? He broke the law. Some scary s**t has been imposed by Australian governments and rarely have they been held to account

anyway my point is some parts of the community were locked down to the extreme. But Hollywood etc etc was given quite a free reign. How did Katy Hopkins visit for a dumb reality show fulfill any humanitarian need? In a pandemic as you put it

ever seen Schindler’s list? He broke the law. Some scary sh*t has been imposed by Australian governments and rarely have they been held to account

anyway my point is some parts of the community were locked down to the extreme. But Hollywood etc etc was given quite a free reign. How did Katy Hopkins visit for a dumb reality show fulfill any humanitarian need? In a pandemic as you put it
Where is the analogy there? How can you compare a humanist who rallied against inhumanity during the holocaust to save over 1000 lives with Beavis & Butthead from South Yarra, a couple of selfish campaigners whose only agenda was self gratification and a big * you to everyone else in the community.

It's not about governments - it's about a virus that has no respect for our norms so we have to adapt to that. There is light at the end of the tunnell - you will get your 'rights' back.

Where is the analogy there? How can you compare a humanist who rallied against inhumanity during the holocaust to save over 1000 lives with Beavis & Butthead from South Yarra, a couple of selfish campaigners whose only agenda was self gratification and a big fu** you to everyone else in the community.

It's not about governments - it's about a virus that has no respect for our norms so we have to adapt to that. There is light at the end of the tunnell - you will get your 'rights' back.

Rights have been fought for by various ratbag over history. You wouldn't always like them but it's not about liking or admiration and you completely ignore my commentary about different rules for different people

Rights have been fought for by various ratbag over history. You wouldn't always like them but it's not about liking or admiration and you completely ignore my commentary about different rules for different people
Of course I am - it's simply not relative to my point.

Of course I am - it's simply not relative to my point.

what you did would be like me saying Audi Arabia never actually kissed any American dicks as in your post here. See ya

Was chatting to an Iraqi over a beer on the weekend. Before the Yanks 'saved' Iraq, life for the general population was good. They had work, could make a living and enjoy life. This guy was a muso and worked in the clubs frequented by expats. As long as you didn't piss off Saddam, everything was great. Even for Christians, which this guy was.

Then the Yanks decided on their behalf that life wasn't great and did something about it. So they proceeded to f*&k up the country, driving thousands of people into refugee camps around the world, and left the entire country in an absolute s**t pile.

The interesting thing, here, and a point missed totally by the Yanks, was that Kuwait originally was part of Iraq, and it was the British interference in 1939 that prevented a reunification. Saddam's invasion of Kuwait was to take back what was theirs. And to take control of the oil, of course. So the Yanks justified the war to ensure flow of oil and cash to the west. F*&k Iraq, the country and the people.

And they never did find those infamous WMDs.

Working from home, work-life balance.

I'm looking to return to Australia after a few years working overseas.

I've been turned off a few jobs because they only allow 1 day per week of working from home. I was thinking that I would want to WFH at least 2 days a week, perhaps 3. I've got 4 kids under 5, so I want to be around for them. I enjoy being there when they get back from school, having lunch with my (Stay at home) wife, and avoiding long commutes.

What is everyone's view on WFH is a post-COVID world? Am i being too greedy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back