Discussion Random Discussion

gringo2011

Premium Gold
Nov 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
With interest rates so low, Now is the time to borrow for infrastructure projects.

The flow on effects to the economy and government coffers will be enormous.

If they want a double effect, they should look at spending on renewables and associated infrastructure.

Drastically reducing the input costs of power will be the productivity game changer.

The only issue with taking more renewables into homes means less spread the costs of upkeep and upgrades o the network. They need huge government energy projects that keep the infrastructure in government hands. At the moment they build it and give it away pretty much free to power companies to profit from. A really sensibly energy policy would help with non government investment so that we don't have to do it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawkey way

Premiership Player
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I reckon Trump is trodding on any shoots the markets put up with his trade wars and posturing. He's uncertainty and instability personified. His erratic diplomacy means the rest of the world feel his ripple effect too.
Yeh he’s funny and talks some rubbish, China is paying huge hahah. He’s playing to his crowd but in reality he’s quite measured in his responses to important matters. The US couldn’t just keep letting China walk all over them, that had to end. Yep it’s inevitable that we’ll feel the heat but in reality he’s the US president and you can’t please everyone.

I’m still not a fan but really after the muller investigation and his appearances if people haven’t caught on to the democrats scam then they never will. I’d be more worried about what the Clinton campaign, the previous administration plus the FBI have pulled. Really should be a never again moment for the US but my god the press are so divided and partisan it’s a real worry and not just in the US.

Last edited:

Yawkey way

Premiership Player
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
The only issue with taking more renewables into homes means less spread the costs of upkeep and upgrades o the network. They need huge government energy projects that keep the infrastructure in government hands. At the moment they build it and give it away pretty much free to power companies to profit from. A really sensibly energy policy would help with non government investment so that we don't have to do it all.
My eldest is an industry analyst, he’s currently writing a report including predictions for the energy sector for the next twelve months. It’s limited in scope and based largely on data collected from the industry in the previous year but interesting enough.

CursingFijian

Premium Platinum
Dec 6, 2014
Location, Location
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm seriously looking at running as an independent at the next election.

Instead of "keep the bastardy honest",my slogan will be "put the bastards in their place"...
Get pluggs to run your social media accounts. Put me in charge of immigration. We’ll fix it. And if it don’t need fixing we’ll break it.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Home made.

200g beef mince. Not lean. Needs fat content.

Caremlised onions.

Melted cheddar on top.

Blue cheese burger melts on bottom.

Lettuce and tomato.

Pickle on the side.

Tommy sauce or if you don't like blue cheese, grab some Coles special burger sauce.

Home made chips...

Parboil the spuds. Let them.cool.

Mix in melted butter. Season and bake in the oven.
Pickled beetroot on the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom