Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope but they don't take the Ice because they're feeling sorry for themselves.
I'm sure they don't; there's a whole variety of reasons why people take hard drugs. The most addictive and dangerous drugs are often accompanied with sad stories of very unhappy people looking for an escape from something. It's self-medication.

It's absolutely rampant in regional towns as the lowlife pushers out there
Raid these towns where unemployment and entertainment is in short supply
And charge exorbitant prices where before too long all the disaffected are hooked!

But as SS alluded to it does not discriminate as to what so called class of
People fall within its grip! You'd be amazed as to the cross section of society
That's on the gear. I'm talking high achieving people who on the surface
Appear to be going along their lives in a perfectly functional way as
Unlike Heroin they are still out there doing their jobs and in some
Cases making very important decisions that affect thousands of lives, all
Whilst hopelessly addicted to this s**t!

The problem is that it's cheap. On TV they were saying you can buy a hit of ice for $10. That's a pint. Unemployed people can afford it and get hooked.

I'm sure they don't; there's a whole variety of reasons why people take hard drugs. The most addictive and dangerous drugs are often accompanied with sad stories of very unhappy people looking for an escape from something. It's self-medication.

Yeah some very functional people have some pretty serious demons.

I can only speak about what I’ve seen so take it for what it is and I’m talking mainly about herion, it’s a completely different world now.

IN the US a heap of people are on heroin because they started on oxicotin and can't afford the scripts so move to cheap street herion. Plenty were people with bad backs or old sports injuries and have ended up street junkies from a start on prescription meds.

Yeah some very functional people have some pretty serious demons.
Very true. Even some of those who are in well paid careers and who look outwardly successful may be trying to escape something, thus end up experimenting with drugs as one possible route. I tend to believe that the majority of those who become addicted to the hardest drugs begin from an already unhappy place, though of course there are people for whom it begins as innocent fun, in pursuit of getting high, but who then get in too deep.

IN the US a heap of people are on heroin because they started on oxicotin and can't afford the scripts so move to cheap street herion. Plenty were people with bad backs or old sports injuries and have ended up street junkies from a start on prescription meds.
I watched a documentary about that exact issue on You Tube recently.

They handed that s**t and other similar drugs out like candy then they literally pulled the pin on prescribing it.

This has forced people who are addicted to become middle class street junkies, it’s a bad joke.

They handed that s**t and other similar drugs out like candy then they literally pulled the pin on prescribing it.

This has forced people who are addicted to become middle class street junkies, it’s a bad joke.

A lot are freely available still but the government has deregulated pricing of phama and doesn't subside them. Once your insurance runs out on a particular injury you can have a $300 a week habit and no way to get it. It's a pretty easy pathway from there, head down to the bad side of town with $20 from hocking your watch.

The problem is that it's cheap. On TV they were saying you can buy a hit of ice for $10. That's a pint. Unemployed people can afford it and get hooked.
Don't know about $10 but if that's true about the country towns, it is
No wonder so many including the unemployed are under its spell!

And so true about the prescription drug mess out there, in which the Govt
Have def played their part. Arguably just as big a problem as street drugs!

Monsters from the id.

I was just thinking about that last night. I had a guy who I know through the kids footy club who pretty much admitted to me that he'd been molested by christian brothers at school. He then freaked and retracted that it was him and said to me that tough ones were smart enough to get away from them and acted like he'd avoided it. He's a successful well off business man with what I assume is a bit of a drinking problem but outwardly he's very much a successful person. I can't quite see him as anything but a damaged child now.

I know a few lawyers through my wife that are mentally ****ed too.

I was just thinking about that last night. I had a guy who I know through the kids footy club who pretty much admitted to me that he'd been molested by christian brothers at school. He then freaked and retracted that it was him and said to me that tough ones were smart enough to get away from them and acted like he'd avoided it. He's a successful well off business man with what I assume is a bit of a drinking problem but outwardly he's very much a successful person. I can't quite see him as anything but a damaged child now.

I know a few lawyers through my wife that are mentally ****** too.
Would have thought most lawyers are mentally f*cked! ;)

I know a few lawyers through my wife that are mentally ****** too.
Thats pretty much how it works, when you screw up the kid most never fully recover.

That shame and anger manifests itself all through their lives in a range of disfunctional behaviours including substance abuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know! Put my big mouth in it again! lol
Apologies to your much better half!....;)

She's a shrink now but she would have been a monster as a lawyer. Worst thing you could ever have in your house is a lawyer with a psych degree. I hide in cupboards until she leaves the house.

I'm moving to Wodonga next year (got a job there with a better income, mostly happy to be leaving Melbourne as I think it is getting over-crowded and even outer suburbs are just getting full of apartments, buying a house means a much much higher mortgage). All of the drug issues across regional Victoria are pretty concerning to be honest as I hope to be there for the long haul and raise a family.

I still think Australia is a great country, just feel a bit depressed about some aspects at the moment.

I'm moving to Wodonga next year (got a job there with a better income, mostly happy to be leaving Melbourne as I think it is getting over-crowded and even outer suburbs are just getting full of apartments, buying a house means a much much higher mortgage). All of the drug issues across regional Victoria are pretty concerning to be honest as I hope to be there for the long haul and raise a family.

I still think Australia is a great country, just feel a bit depressed about some aspects at the moment.

I think it's contained usually. I used to live in St Kilda back in the 90s and if you kept to yourself you kept out of trouble. Bring your kids up well and with some hope and they should be right. Even in Mildura when we were there you didn't actually see any evidence of it being a problem, it was locals complaining about it. I go out around Dandenong and Sunshine to pick stuff up for work and you never have any problem in those areas despite hearing stories about how rough it is. I feel perfectly safe in both.

I can't think of his exact username but check with Saint Wodonga on here, locals will be able to tell you how safe it is

What are considered the worst places in Melbourne to live?
Supposedly suburbs like the ones Gringo mentioned
But as he rightly points out the reputation and
The reality can be two different things!

Personally anywhere near the ultra white conservative eastern burbs
Where do good sticky beaks have nothing better to do than whinge
About anything Noise related would be hell for me!

It depends what floats your boat or conversely worries you.

House prices reflect supply and demand but in reality once you get in the front door you’re probably better off in a fair to middling suburb, you get more for your buck bigger house, bigger block.

People pay for a shorter commute to be close to jobs and entertainment. Places on the fringe have nice new homes and schools, probably a shopping centre quite close etc it’s just an expensive long commute. No public transport to speak of etc. less leisure time as you spend 1.5 hrs each way and have to drive I spend 15 minutes on the tram. Jobs are concentrated in the city and Hospitals and other services tend to have a greater concentration close to the cbd as well.

Depends on what you're in to. Outer suburbs are a long way from the city so cheaper real estate but often in big estates of cookie cutter houses and long commutes on public transport or car. Inner city is expensive but some have social problems like drugs and crimes but tend to be a bit more interesting and bohemian. We have the elite areas and the working class areas, some of the inner west that was working class is now middle class etc. If you hate elitist flogs stay away from Brighton and Toorak, if you hate being on long commutes stay close to town but try to find somewhere cheap and cohesive. Places like Brunswick are a bit of a good mix of both bohemian and close but now pretty unaffordable too.

The places with bad reputations are around Dandenong, Frankston and the outer west but really it's not that bad. Our bad areas are pretty light weight.

Given that not everyone works near the CBD.
Where i work, close to Moorabbin airport, i could have a pretty ordinary house in what i regard a pretty crappy area.
Instead i commute from the "other side " of dandenong , where i have a nice house on an acre.

No there isn't a trendy cafe on every corner , but there's enough, and i can always go to a nearby vinyard if i don't want to go to a restaurant.
Once i get home , less noise , less hustle and bustle.

Horses for courses.

Yes i was silly enough to leave the keys for one car in the center console of the other car in our open garage after dark, the night the APEX gang came round.
That was a bit of a wake up call. ( Still miss that car ).
I can tell i'm in a good area, the gangs don't bother with the shitty area's.
You don't hear about the Jewellers in Doveton being targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back