Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My pet hate right now is the entire Media's mis-categorisation of "Coronavirus 2019-nCoV" as just "Coronavirus.

Coronaviruses were first identified more than 50 years ago, and they include the common cold.
Referring to this new one as just Coronavirus just makes everyone dumber.

My pet hate right now is the entire Media's mis-categorisation of "Coronavirus 2019-nCoV" as just "Coronavirus.

Coronaviruses were first identified more than 50 years ago, and they include the common cold.

Fair point but imo it's not a huge issue - it's not as if the virus in the current epidemic is being mistaken for any other.

What people don't realize it can be cured with a slice a lemon.

Oh wait thats a different Corona.

What people don't realize it can be cured with a slice a lemon.

Oh wait thats a different Corona.

One of two work convos this week;

"Wonder if we can bludge by saying we have coronavirus"
"How would you feel being named after a drink, and not even a very good one considering it's a bloody lemon"

Productive!

I wonder if The Australian is leading with "Arsonist starts fire in Canberra" because that's what category the Namadgi fire would fall under.

Someone else should be fired.

Fair point but imo it's not a huge issue - it's not as if the virus in the current epidemic is being mistaken for any other.

Next time virus they'll all get confused.

Media : Is this new virus as bad as coronavirus?
Medical Expert ( scratching his head ). It is a corona virus.
Media : So its the same virus that we had back in 2020?
Medical Expert: No its a totally new strain.
Media : But you said it was Corona Virus.
Medical Expert : ummm I've had enough, i think i need to drink some Corona.

If i was a doctor i'd probably troll all my patients , telling those with the common cold that they had a Corona Virus, and to take some asprin and call me tomorrow.

From WIkipedia ( corona beer page ).

Naming controversy[edit]
Although completely unrelated, because of it being a prominent result in search-engines for the term "Corona", there has been confusion about the brand and the January 2020 coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China. The beer was created under this name in 1925, prior to the discovery of human coronavirus, in 1965
--------------------------------------------------

Of Course , Australia has "Crown Lager " which luckily is too crappy to export , otherwise in spanish speaking countries it would translate to...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was a sickness that made old Toyota's run like crap
VuFOMgD.jpg

Jesus, Nigel Farrage is one undignified idiot. What a juvenile moron. A few people must be wondering why they hitched their horse to that post.

chaser.com.au

Scott Morrison brings lump of coronavirus into parliament

coronavirus-1024x576.jpg

Scott Morrison brought a large lump of coronavirus into parliament during Question Time yesterday, dismissing concerns that the coronavirus poses any danger at all. Joyfully tossing the virus in the air, Mr Morrison said he brought the lump of virus into parliament to highlight what he claims is a scare campaign against the virus.

“This is coronavirus,” he told parliament, “don’t be afraid”. Experts have warned that the coronavirus poses a massive and imminent threat to the planet. But Mr Morrison noted Australia was on track to curb the impact of coronavirus by 2050. “We’re meeting out targets at a canter,” he said.
Mr Morrison noted that the government ran an Anti Skin Cancer education campaign last year, and “that should count as credits towards our coronavirus campaign.”

Meanwhile, Labor leader Anthony Albanese has said that he is still waiting for polling to come back from Central Queensland before he makes any statements on whether he is for or against the coronavirus. “We all know that the coronavirus creates jobs for pall-bearers. We need to take that into account to come up with a balanced approach to whether we’re for or against a global coronavirus pandemic. It’s more complicated than people make out.”
Mr Morrison said that if his coronavirus stunt in parliament did end up causing illness, it was The Green’s fault anyway.

Donate to the RFS

Yep.
Worried about Saturday's wind change.
Will Marlo be ok?
Wind has backed off so hopefully Marlo should be OK. Cape Conran camp ground may be in trouble - they did some fairly intensive burns last year north of the camp - hope they hold.

But the wind change tomorrow will be a real test for containment lines.

The crux boils down to private enterprise benefiting from public coin and where one sits on the concept economically. The basin itself is massive given it covers a fair portion of 3 states whilst VICs would largely consider it a singular river system but the point in the article is that it's an approval for expansion, meaning they were already impacting previously and it's a bit of a beat up to now be complaining about it.

Provided that the basin is irrigated properly and there are balances, quotas, checks and all the factors to maintain a healthy basin, there is largely no issue however if there is a break somewhere, if you do not have such oversights then you will invariably screw the pooch, hard and impact millions of people.

Personally, under the current scheme and oversight principles, this decision should not have been made, money should not have changed hands. It is a joke of a scheme headed by incompetents or not at all.

The crux boils down to private enterprise benefiting from public coin and where one sits on the concept economically. The basin itself is massive given it covers a fair portion of 3 states whilst VICs would largely consider it a singular river system but the point in the article is that it's an approval for expansion, meaning they were already impacting previously and it's a bit of a beat up to now be complaining about it.

Provided that the basin is irrigated properly and there are balances, quotas, checks and all the factors to maintain a healthy basin, there is largely no issue however if there is a break somewhere, if you do not have such oversights then you will invariably screw the pooch, hard and impact millions of people.

Personally, under the current scheme and oversight principles, this decision should not have been made, money should not have changed hands. It is a joke of a scheme headed by incompetents or not at all.

the river systems are failing and companies are allowed to stockpile and trade water. Watch the4 corners report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back