Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is what happens when you get a significant rainfall event after a serious bushfire.

View attachment 828285
Flash flood at my place 20 days ago, 100 metres away lost 50m of fencing, lightning strike 150m away at the apex of wind change last big day of the fires and fires got to about 500m up the Brookville Rd, though I reckon it was 10k tp the fire front.

Flash flood at my place 20 days ago, 100 metres away lost 50m of fencing, lightning strike 150m away at the apex of wind change last big day of the fires and fires got to about 500m up the Brookville Rd, though I reckon it was 10k tp the fire front.

Yeah we got them on the Thompson as well. It was serious rain. It washed about 2 tonnes of crushed rock off the track and down the valleys and washed away heaps of my trees I planted. Some one posted a link on here to a guy who regenerates farm land through blocking water runs and creeks with logs and other stuff to slow water flow and hold water and top soil. I actually did a bit of that and it back logged with all he twigs and soil behind it. It was messy but I saved heaps of soil. I have now reinforced a huge area that was a sinkhole where the wombats burrows all collapsed and washed out. I'm hoping that will fill in the same. The wombats are fine though they have just dug a heap more holes everywhere. Lucky they're cute.

I'm thinking of getting at Saints guernsey for the new season, to wear this summer. Not that we usually get much of a summer, but here's hoping. $120 AUD seems a lot; even more than soccer shirts here. How much is that in sterling?

I'm thinking of getting at Saints guernsey for the new season, to wear this summer. Not that we usually get much of a summer, but here's hoping. $120 AUD seems a lot; even more than soccer shirts here. How much is that in sterling?
Half

Yeah we got them on the Thompson as well. It was serious rain. It washed about 2 tonnes of crushed rock off the track and down the valleys and washed away heaps of my trees I planted. Some one posted a link on here to a guy who regenerates farm land through blocking water runs and creeks with logs and other stuff to slow water flow and hold water and top soil. I actually did a bit of that and it back logged with all he twigs and soil behind it. It was messy but I saved heaps of soil. I have now reinforced a huge area that was a sinkhole where the wombats burrows all collapsed and washed out. I'm hoping that will fill in the same. The wombats are fine though they have just dug a heap more holes everywhere. Lucky they're cute.
Doing a hell of a job there gringo, no doubt Peter Andrews ideas work, I have tried a little but don't have enough land or water nor even wombats, good to see the echidnas out and about. Just teasing about the wombats got more than enough of those buggers, I've been told they taste ok, not keen on trying though.

Animal rights group PETA says the word "pet" is patronizing to animals and we should stop using it.
I had a pet dog for 17 years. We rescued him from an animal shelter. He had his own couch in the house and we used to cook his food every week
I shed more tears for my dog when he died than for most of the people I've lost in my life. But yeah, if I had referred to myself as a "dog guardian" and my dog as a "companion animal" instead of a pet, he would have been much better treated. The world has gone insane!

Animal rights group PETA says the word "pet" is patronizing to animals and we should stop using it.
I had a pet dog for 17 years. We rescued him from an animal shelter. He had his own couch in the house and we used to cook his food every week
I shed more tears for my dog when he died than for most of the people I've lost in my life. But yeah, if I had referred to myself as a "dog guardian" and my dog as a "companion animal" instead of a pet, he would have been much better treated. The world has gone insane!

According to the Cambridge Dictionary.

" Pet = an animal that is kept in the home as a companion and treated kindly "

So you have to call it a "companion animal " instead of the word that actually means that.

I guess i have to call the people at PETA who decide what the burning issues are "People who may be unable to make sound judgement due to being well below the average, but still within the normal range of natural intelligence "

Would be much easier to call them dick heads though.

Pet is demeaning to "people" because it infer's that the person in question, is akin to a pet animal.
I'd like to hear their reasoning why its demeaning to animals.
Are they really so stupid to think that the animal feels patronised when their owner describes them as a pet.

And another one.

PATRONISED:

1. treat in a way that is apparently kind or helpful but that betrays a feeling of superiority
Well, my dog is unable to find a job to help provide food for us both.
My dog is in fact unable to get its food out of the refrigerator, preferring to beg me until i feed it.
My dog won't open the door to let itself out to relieve itself.
In most aspects my dog is in fact inferior. That is probably the reason most democratic countries do not allow animals to vote in elections, though PETA probably sees this as a terrible injustice. ( in the case of PETA's Jennifer White, the small dog sitting next to her while she made her stupid statements is probably of superior intelligence ).

However if i play chasey with the dog and it lets me get even vaguely close to it, i know its patronising me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Cambridge Dictionary.

" Pet = an animal that is kept in the home as a companion and treated kindly "

So you have to call it a "companion animal " instead of the word that actually means that.

I guess i have to call the people at PETA who decide what the burning issues are "People who may be unable to make sound judgement due to being well below the average, but still within the normal range of natural intelligence "

Would be much easier to call them dick heads though.

Pet is demeaning to "people" because it infer's that the person in question, is akin to a pet animal.
I'd like to hear their reasoning why its demeaning to animals.
Are they really so stupid to think that the animal feels patronised when their owner describes them as a pet.
Don't be too harsh on them. Most of them at PETA are Vegans and the lack of quality animal protein in their diet limits their ability to think clearly
PET-to touch an animal or a person in a gentle way that shows you like or love them. It is such a deeply offensive word!:drunk:

Don't be too harsh on them. Most of them at PETA are Vegans and the lack of quality animal protein in their diet limits their ability to think clearly
PET-to touch an animal or a person in a gentle way that shows you like or love them. It is such a deeply offensive word!:drunk:

That's pet the verb, not pet the noun.
( stupid bloody language ).

Peta do and say stupid s**t for the sole purpose of being spoken about and kept in the public consciousness.

I'm sure that i could find a more worthy pro-animal group to donate money to, if that's what i was going to do.
Perhaps " Gringo's wombat preservation society ".
Though maybe we should call them "ground dwelling marsupials " instead of wombats, since they could take offence at being named after immoral guys the type who, "eats, roots, and leaves "

Brilliant performance, his tactics were spot on. A heavyweight world champion from Manchester is great, and he's a big United fan too ;)

He was sensational. Love Fury but thought the strategy to take it to Wilder was crazy and they he would actually win on points.

He proved everyone wrong, his dad John was spot on about exactly what would happen.

Don’t really have much appetite for Fury v Wilder III but sounds like it’s happening.

Wilder saying his ring walk suit was too heavy and that is what gassed him out before the fight even started - lol. It was either that or the 6’9 279lb guy that dominated him from round one. Not sure 🤔.

Fury v AJ at Old Trafford would be something worth travelling over for.

Last edited:
Doing a hell of a job there gringo, no doubt Peter Andrews ideas work, I have tried a little but don't have enough land or water nor even wombats, good to see the echidnas out and about. Just teasing about the wombats got more than enough of those buggers, I've been told they taste ok, not keen on trying though.

Peter Andrews is an Australia hero...was pillared by countless Politicians only when Gerry Harvey ( Harvey Norman )
offerred him blank cheque to fix his property in the hunter , was he ever listened to , morons.
His idea for lowering the river banks ( bulldozers ) on the Darling would have transformed the region instead Liberal
, Nationals & Labor politicians sold the water rights to foreign nationals and the land to Coal.

He was sensational. Love Fury but thought the strategy to take it to Wilder was crazy and they he would actually win on points.

He proved everyone wrong, his dad John was spot on about exactly what would happen.

Don’t really have much appetite for Fury v Wilder III but sounds like it’s happening.

Wilder saying his ring walk suit was too heavy and that is what gassed him out before the fight even started - lol. It was either that or the 6’9 239lb guy that dominated him from round one. Not sure 🤔.

Fury v AJ at Old Trafford would be something worth travelling over for.
Fury vs AJ at tottenham would have me buying flights to England with my nonexistant money 😂

The funny bit is Angus Taylor is so well thought of in conservative circles they think he'll be P.M. one day and they may well be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back