Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this on FB we are dickheads with money.

The seller is Leppington Pastoral Company, who have been regular liberal party donors since 2002.

Its not being a dickhead with money, its about corruption and helping out their donors.

The Government and Reserve bank selling all our gold on the cheap in the 1990s was one of the most short sighted things this country has ever done.

Cost us billions.
Gold standard was an outmoded basis of currency value.

Even debt isn't important to currency or inflation.
Look at the billions the govt has pumped into the economy, hadn't moved the inflation needle one millimetre.

MMT should be a serious consideration.

Gold standard was an outmoded basis of currency value.

Even debt isn't important to currency or inflation.
Look at the billions the govt has pumped into the economy, hadn't moved the inflation needle one millimetre.

MMT should be a serious consideration.
More the fact that gold rose in price after we sold it.

Could have gotten so much more for it

FMD - the govt "backing" carbon capture and storage. I was involved in a major energy project and part of the approvals required contribution to investigate CCS - and that was 20 years ago and we still don't have a viable project in Australia.

Most of the successful CCS projects around the world are only viable because they pump the co2 into old oil systems which allows them to extract the last barrels of oil from the systems - which is then burnt and...........!!!!!

Land Clearing is up though, On par with Brasil and the congo.

They see people.
They see land.
They see no reason why nature should exist.

i've had recent exposure to resources out of eastern europe and lets just say they leave us for dead. seriously their education system has flown by ours.

but if i bring it up with people here they laugh at the country name and can't believe it would be true.

we have regressed to the point people see more merit in pulling fu**in rocks out of the ground and working FIFO than they do education standards. i wonder if they will be surprised if in 30-60 years all we are is a cheap labor source.

I loved being in Europe, didn't have phone drop outs or "you sound like a robot" and things didn't take about 2mins to load because s**t routing on copper s**t that hasn't been cleaned in 60 years and is swimming.

And yep, fam that was in farming left farming as their sons decided to get into mines for monies. I mean, great placed to live still, but gee, we're going back to the 80's at a rate of knots, only instead of 70c petrol lets broach $2 shall we?

this is so bad

meanwhile here in Perth they've finally committed to and are building a train line to the airport. it will go through the city and arrive at high wycombe/forrestfield.

to do this they've had to secure a bunch of land for the station/rail/car park and also some drainage. this area of high wycombe and forrestfield is quite old. its traditionally old style hobby farms/argicultural, so think bigger blocks. not massive but easily 10,000 sqm. lots of it has been bought up for light industrial.

there's an older guy there who's in his 90s and has dementia but still lives on the property and never sold. he needs to go into his home. so his family thinks this is perfect timing. they know they wont get under market rate because the government always buys up below market value, but it'll be a quick sell and he needs to money to go into home.

anyways it comes time to buy up the land for the train station. his property is marked for drainage. not a car park. not a train station. not even the rail. just drainage. so once its bought its useless land. just absolute scrap.

so they value the land. comes in well under evaluation and by well under i mean seriously under. talking <100k for a 10,000 sqm property. like absolutely criminally below market value.

so they enquire within. they find out its because the local council had essentially changed all zoning on the block, via laws that allow them to do so. so it's essentially useless land. can't live on it. can't do anything with it. due to the works around them etc. its essentially now worthless and there's nothing he can do.

he can't even go, * this government, i'll make a private sale. he can't sell it to anyone now because the zonings changed.

they're now in a s**t fight with the local council to get some assistance. they go to the state gov, they point the finger at the local council. go to the feds, they point the finger at the state gov and local council. ultimately its a local council problem.

here's the kicker, if the council just progressed the planning on the land, he would get a better evaluation. but the council won't do this for obvious reasons. they wanna screw a 90 year old out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

meanwhile an 90 year old with his largest asset, cant cash in all his hard work on it, just so he can be properly looked after.

then you find out this:
" There are more than 40 other homeowners tangled in this development web whose homes have been deemed worthless. "

50 homes, this would be going into the 10s of millions here. every day people. hard working people. all completely powerless.

meanwhile old mates with cash and connections get 10x the market value.

Last edited:
this is so bad

meanwhile here in Perth they've finally committed to and are building a train line to the airport. it will go through the city and arrive at high wycombe/forrestfield.

to do this they've had to secure a bunch of land for the station/rail/car park and also some drainage. this area of high wycombe and forrestfield is quite old. its traditionally old style hobby farms/argicultural, so think bigger blocks. not massive but easily 10,000 sqm. lots of it has been bought up for light industrial.

there's an older guy there who's in his 90s and has dementia but still lives on the property and never sold. he needs to go into his home. so his family thinks this is perfect timing. they know they wont get under market rate because the government always buys up below market value, but it'll be a quick sell and he needs to money to go into home.

anyways it comes time to buy up the land for the train station. his property is marked for drainage. not a car park. not a train station. not even the rail. just drainage. so once its bought its useless land. just absolute scrap.

so they value the land. comes in well under evaluation and by well under i mean seriously under. talking <100k for a 10,000 sqm property. like absolutely criminally below market value.

so they enquire within. they find out its because the local council had essentially changed all zoning on the block, via laws that allow them to do so. so it's essentially useless land. can't live on it. can't do anything with it. due to the works around them etc. its essentially now worthless and there's nothing he can do.

he can't even go, fu** this government, i'll make a private sale. he can't sell it to anyone now because the zonings changed.

they're now in a sh*t fight with the local council to get some assistance. they go to the state gov, they point the finger at the local council. go to the feds, they point the finger at the state gov and local council. ultimately its a local council problem.

here's the kicker, if the council just progressed the planning on the land, he would get a better evaluation. but the council won't do this for obvious reasons. they wanna screw a 90 year old out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

meanwhile an 90 year old with his largest asset, cant cash in all his hard work on it, just so he can be properly looked after.

then you find out this:
" There are more than 40 other homeowners tangled in this development web whose homes have been deemed worthless. "

50 homes, this would be going into the 10s of millions here. every day people. hard working people. all completely powerless.

meanwhile old mates with cash and connections get 10x the market value.

In Victoria we had a whole lot of land that ran in corridors to put in future train lines. The Bailiuea government cashed it all in. We sold Fisherman's Bend to developers then didn't put aside the land for schools and transport then the developer who was a party donor made them pay exorbitantly for the land back that nearly meant it was a free site. The same guy got land corruptly zoned at Phillip Island and when it was overturned sued the government for millions.

We are getting the NBN we wanted.....for another $13 billion and it still won't come to our houses unless we pay for it. At least it's the same guy that overpaid for the Airport land. What could go wrong.

It makes you wonder why they won the unwinnable election?

Labor were dumb enough to bring policy into it. They should have shut their yaps. Shorten pretty much told Murdoch to suck his dick as well so found out how much power he still has the hard way. Labor are dumb enough to to think that being righteous is all you need and don't try to sell their message in a way that makes people care. They are boring like some churchy do-gooders that want you to be good too.

The Libs are unapologetic campaigners and more people relate to that than the suck-arses.

Off topic (I guess this is Random Discussion after all) - we have a new Facebook page.

Get around it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic (I guess this is Random Discussion after all) - we have a new Facebook page.

Get around it

Be good to get real names. I wonder if people will have the courage.

actually stupid comment by me because no one will know my bigfooty Nic. Having said that a few of us do have a certain style. If you want to read some dumb peoples comments then saintsuncensored is the way to go. Some amazing stuff on there from some certainly not all.

Last edited:
You're telling me your name isn't Plugger 66?
pretty easy to figure out who's who from Saints FB page if your bothered strange way to measure courage though

The land purchase is not the only "irregularity" on Paul Fletcher's watch. Foxtel package gets fast-tracked, and now he is trying to justify spending billions of extra dollars upgrading the NBN because what the Coalition delivered is a pig.

I don’t know. I don’t think many will give their Nic if they are asked. Some would lack the courage. That is certain.
You can work it out anyway. Often someone posts similar things on here and on the page.

You're telling me your name isn't Plugger 66?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and I reckon you're named George. No idea what gives me that impression.

pretty easy to figure out who's who from Saints FB page if your bothered strange way to measure courage though

I'd be too cowardly to let people know who I was, people would want to punch me.

I’d have a beer with anyone on here tbh mate - even old mate that keeps wanting to drop Paton.
Everyone has a story (or few) and more often than not are fascinating
Have had a beer with a couple on here over the years
all good fun

I’d have a beer with anyone on here tbh mate - even old mate that keeps wanting to drop Paton.
Everyone has a story (or few) and more often than not are fascinating

When you get up for a game we'll get on the piss, long Uber ride home to South Gippy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back