Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know the feeling well. You weren't at Alfred's Burger joint in Guildford were you ? Happens there so much , I now get the "behave yourself lecture" before we get there. Pompous people who are half cut on their Swan Valley wines taking forever.
best burger joint in perth ... but always always always phone your order in before hand ...

oh the other day we were at a chemist/cosmedics shop where the poor girl behind the counter was getting slammed by customers , she was the only register open and you could tell she was going as fast as she could to move the long line through .. anyway this older lady who had already pushed into line using that old "oh i didnt realise it was a line" trick got to the counter and proceded to ask for price checks on all of this stuff she had in her basket after checking it all she decided to purchase just one item .. but then to make things all the more frustrating the poor checkout girl who has obviously had it rammed into her head she is to ask every customer if they are a VIP card holder asks the question only for the old lady to then ask if she can sign up with her now .... the collective groan of everyone else in the line was heard in the next shop ....

Bring back the death penalty!

Bring back the death penalty!
Indeed!
If that doesnt justify a good public stoning then nothing does!
The sheer affront of it all!
Her family should be deported to Syria to boot, just for being connected with such an evil piece of work!

Indeed!
If that doesnt justify a good public stoning then nothing does!
The sheer affront of it all!
Her family should be deported to Syria to boot, just for being connected with such an evil piece of work!

There are three places that old women should never be seen. Golf courses, shop queues and behind the wheel of a car. Cue rotten fruit throwing. Happy to take a ban for stating the truth, George!

you know what grinds my gears !!! when you are waiting in line for food and then the person directly in front of you finally gets to the counter and only then decides to look at the menu to decide what they want !!!! OMG i see red !!! 10 mins we have stood here waiting in that time you could have decided but nah ill wait til i get to the counter !!! ARGH!!!!!!

Happens everywhere.
Subway FFS.
15 minute wait.
What bread do you want sir?
"oh you have different types....hmmm what are they? What have you been looking at for 15 minutes you fruitcake?

Happens everywhere.
Subway FFS.
15 minute wait.
What bread do you want sir?
"oh you have different types....hmmm what are they? What have you been looking at for 15 minutes you fruitcake?
Lol. You're not alone.Sebastian does a whole routine on this scenario

There are three places that old women should never be seen. Golf courses, shop queues and behind the wheel of a car. Cue rotten fruit throwing. Happy to take a ban for stating the truth, George!
you could add Facebook as well to that list .... if you ever feel like seeing the worst in people check out the comments section on a SBS story on facebook ... woooowweeeee so so so much hate from the grannys posted in there

you could add Facebook as well to that list .... if you ever feel like seeing the worst in people check out the comments section on a SBS story on facebook ... woooowweeeee so so so much hate from the grannys posted in there

Not all of the sweet little old ladies are "sweet".
One of my proudest moments , was standing behind one in a checkout, the person paying fumbled his change and dropped a gold coin to the floor.
He knelt down looking for it but couldn't find it.

So i say to the "sweet" little old lady, " Excuse me i think its under your foot ".
It was , i had seen her quickly trap the coin as soon as it dropped.
Should have seen the dirty look she gave me when she moved her foot revealing the coin.

Not all of the sweet little old ladies are "sweet".
One of my proudest moments , was standing behind one in a checkout, the person paying fumbled his change and dropped a gold coin to the floor.
He knelt down looking for it but couldn't find it.

So i say to the "sweet" little old lady, " Excuse me i think its under your foot ".
It was , i had seen her quickly trap the coin as soon as it dropped.
Should have seen the dirty look she gave me when she moved her foot revealing the coin.

Many old people are real life trolls. They have lost all will to give a shite!

I find as I get older the more I get frustrated with inconsiderate people, even if their actions don't directly impact on me. In short I'm becoming a grumpy old man!

The other day i was refueling my car and a car was at the bowser next to me. The driver had already fuelled up and was inside when I got there. By the time I'd filled up, gone in to pay and come back to my car the driver was still inside. The fecker just left the car parked there while they went browsing inside. Nit a skerrick of thought that someone might need the pump!

You should have seen me carrying on like a right royal pork chop!!

I find as I get older the more I get frustrated with inconsiderate people, even if their actions don't directly impact on me. In short I'm becoming a grumpy old man!

The other day i was refueling my car and a car was at the bowser next to me. The driver had already fuelled up and was inside when I got there. By the time I'd filled up, gone in to pay and come back to my car the driver was still inside. The fecker just left the car parked there while they went browsing inside. Nit a skerrick of thought that someone might need the pump!

i find myself doing this as well and its honestly something i try real hard to not get caught up in ... see im a firm believer in the world becoming a much better place if we were all a little nicer to eachother but i struggle to actually live up to my own hopes for the world myself when im confronted with people who are inconsiderate ... it kind of creates a spiral of anger someone is inconsiderate to some one i get angry at that and confront that and therefore add to the negativity of the situation .. but im working on it ... im trialing this thing at the moment where i try to do something for someone that is genuinely nice for no other reason than being nice it especially works when someone is being mean or inconsiderate to some one else that i counter that with something nice for example we were out for dinner the other day for a friends birthday and there was a friend of a friend there that to put it bluntly is an asshat of a human, so the waiter comes along and the way this person spoke to the poor fella it was so very agressive and uncalled for so to counter act that i layed it on thick the appriciation to the waiter and at the end left him a tip for good measure , it made the waiter feel appriciated and happy to serve us and even better made the AssHat look even more of an AssHat infront of everyone else

i find myself doing this as well and its honestly something i try real hard to not get caught up in ... see im a firm believer in the world becoming a much better place if we were all a little nicer to eachother but i struggle to actually live up to my own hopes for the world myself when im confronted with people who are inconsiderate ... it kind of creates a spiral of anger someone is inconsiderate to some one i get angry at that and confront that and therefore add to the negativity of the situation .. but im working on it ... im trialing this thing at the moment where i try to do something for someone that is genuinely nice for no other reason than being nice it especially works when someone is being mean or inconsiderate to some one else that i counter that with something nice for example we were out for dinner the other day for a friends birthday and there was a friend of a friend there that to put it bluntly is an asshat of a human, so the waiter comes along and the way this person spoke to the poor fella it was so very agressive and uncalled for so to counter act that i layed it on thick the appriciation to the waiter and at the end left him a tip for good measure , it made the waiter feel appriciated and happy to serve us and even better made the AssHat look even more of an AssHat infront of everyone else

I try a similar thing

The other day there was this hot girl at the beach. I went over and started rubbing suncreen on her, just to be nice...

It didn't end well

:moustache:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still have a listed telephone number at home.
Most of the calls are autodials connecting with asian call centres. Either that or my mum.
When i pick up the phone the kids all hang round in expectation to see what i do.
( name changed for the internet and stuff ).

Phone rings, pick up, hear the machine on the other end connect it, hear it ring and pick up.

Phone : "Heeelooo Mr Campeeeanerr"
Me : "Hello"
Me : ( thinks , ok this is a good game ). "Hello"
Me : "Hello" ( kids can hear both voices and are starting to literally roll on the floor )
Me : ( trying not to lose it and remaining dead pan ) "Hello"
Phone --CLICK --

No need. He should've been summarily executed. I had a young woman who did the same at a servo in Bairnsdale. held us all up for 15 minutes while she shopped. While she dilly-dallied the rest of us could only watch on. When she returned I gave her a serve that would've made Djokovic blush. Predictably she returned fire in her self entitled, narcissistic, modern feminism way. She wasn't expecting my response. Didn't cover that in gender studies.

Most of the calls are autodials connecting with asian call centres. Either that or my mum.
When i pick up the phone the kids all hang round in expectation to see what i do.

Phone rings, pick up, hear the machine on the other end connect it, hear it ring and pick up.

Me : "Hello" ( kids can hear both voices and are starting to literally roll on the floor )
Phone --CLICK --
i havent had a home phone for years now but when i did i used to play the name game ... basically the game was to get the telemarketer to repeat their name the most amount of times i once to 15 from "Dave" from true value solar ...
the other game i used t play was "im just out in the garden let me walk back to the house" the trick with this one was every minute or so you had to get back on the phone and in a puffed voice say "nearly there mate hang on "

Phone --CLICK --
I went through a period where I was really affronted by the phone scams to a lesser extent I still am.

These people are thieves it’s not funny it is what it is is, foreign nationals trying to scam you out of your money. Many hit on elderly or unwitting targets and rob them. So I used to do my best to get them really pissed off, I would tell them that I was going to go out and belt a few of their countrymen and that’s why people hated them. I would ask the women how much they made per trick and would they like a job here and I could arrange it for them etc.

I’ve had them call call back on their mobiles they got so angry which used to really make me scratch my head, you’re a thief and yet you get pissed off by me calling you out and taking the piss.

At any rate nobody I have ever reported them too has actually done much so now I just don’t answer unless I know the number, anybody who matters has my mobiles so ring away.

In case anybody is in any doubt I am a grumpy middle aged man and a real campaigner, I’m reading some old captain goodvibes cartoons and finding there’s more of the pig of Steele about me than I care to admit.

Maaaate....
My mother is 87 yrs old, fully independent, lives alone, does aqua aerobics, works as a bookkeeper a couple of days a week and drives a manual car very well, if a little slowly.

If you are going to generalise, why are old men excluded...??? ;)

Phone --CLICK --

Nice.

I used to do either of 2 things...

I would pretend i wasn't the person they were after. I'd put down the phone and pretend to have a convo with the person they wanted. I'd come back every minute or so and tell them he was on his way

The other one was I'd tell them i was just going to the toilet, but that i was happy to talk to them if they has something good to tell me. Funnily enough none of them seemed keen to go the hard sell whilst i was sitting on the toot! :D

Not all phone scammers are foreign.

3d45dc38fe8c8263c7cb99b9594e35bf.jpg

Politicians really don’t think we are very bright. Or they’re not too bright. Which is it?

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...mid-significant-heatwave-20190116-p50rmr.html

The world's 15 hottest sites on Tuesday were all in Australia

Peter Hannam

Australia often dominates heat temperatures in summer, given that rival southern hemisphere sites are mostly in South America and South Africa where readings above 40 degrees are not so common.
The Bureau of Meteorology with an update on the severe heat conditions over southern and central Australia and also a forecast for the rest of the week.
The world's hottest places in the 24 hours to 11am (AEDT) on January 16:
  1. Tarcoola (Australia) 49.1°C
  2. Port Augusta Aws (Australia) 49°C
  3. Woomera Aerodrome (Australia) 48°C
  4. Olympic Dam Aerodrome (Australia) 47.9°C
  5. Hay Airport Aws (Australia) 47.8°C
  6. Oodnadatta Airport (Australia) 47.7°C
  7. Marree Aero (Australia) 47.6°C
  8. Coober Pedy Aws (Australia) 47.5°C
  9. Warburton Airfield (Australia) 47.3°C
  10. Ivanhoe Aerodrome Aws (Australia) 46.9°C
  11. Wilcannia Aerodrome Aws (Australia) 46.6°C
  12. Leigh Creek Airport (Australia) 46.3°C
  13. Wulungurru (Australia) 46.2°C
  14. Moomba Airport (Australia) 46.1°C
  15. Yulara Aws (Australia) 46.1°C
50 degrees?
Jacob Cronje, a senior meteorologist with Weatherzone, said he "wouldn't be shocked" by a 50-degree reading during the current spell, given the scale and intensity of the heat.
"Certainly the duration of this event and the spatial extent of the heatwave across the southern half of Australia seems to be quite significant," he said.
"By the end of the week, we should see many records broken across NSW," Mr Cronje said, adding that northern Victoria might have to rewrite the records too.
Australia has posted only three days above 50 degrees using standardised equipment, the most recent being in February 1998 when Mardie in Western Australia reached 50.5 degrees. The other two occurred in January 1960 when Oodnadatta Airport in South Australia reached 50.7 and 50.3 on consecutive days, the bureau said.
Wildlife like this goanna near Menindee on the Darling - and all other life forms - are being roasted in extreme temperatures across inland Australia.Credit:Dean Sewell
Much of the NSW Riverina and most of Victoria's north can expect 45 to 47 degrees on Wednesday, with little relief in daytime maximums until Friday or Saturday.
By 1.45pm Wednesday AEDT, all the mainland states had reached 40 degrees, White Cliffs in western NSW hit 48.2 degrees, Victoria's Swan Hill reached 45.9 degrees and Tarcoola was anything but cool at 48.4 degrees.
According to the bureau, January 12-15 have already made it into the list of top 10 warmest days on record for Australia for area-averaged maximum and mean temperatures.
Humid times
Both Melbourne and Sydney cities will be spared the worst of the heat, but inland suburbs will be a lot warmer.
Even so, high humidity, particularly in Sydney, would make for some very uncomfortable nights, particularly Friday into Saturday, Mr Cronje said.
Coastal Sydney suburbs will most likely feel several degrees warmer due to high humidity.Credit:Dominic Lorrimer
Minimum temperatures for Saturday morning of about 24 degrees for coastal Sydney suburbs will most likely feel several degrees warmer.
For Canberra, temperatures may reach 40 degrees for four days in a row, a series not recorded before for the nation's capital. No days of 40 degrees were recorded in Canberra between 1973 and 1998, the bureau said. The city reached 41.6 degrees on Wednesday.
South-eastern Australia with see most unusually warm conditions on Wednesday.Credit:BoM
Health warnings
Health authorities in several states have issued warnings for people to take care of themselves, their relatives, neighbours and their pets as heatwave impacts can build over several days.
An added threat in Sydney will be the high ozone air pollution expected across the city in coming days.
Richard Broome, director of environmental health at NSW Health, said "ozone can irritate the lungs, and people with asthma need to follow their Asthma Action Plan and have their relieving medication with them".
"Ozone levels are higher outdoors than indoors, and generally highest in the afternoon and early evening, so limiting time outdoors during the heat of the day and in the evening helps people to not only keep cool but to limit their exposure to ozone pollution," Dr Broome said in a statement.
Those most at risk were residents with asthma and other respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and anyone experiencing severe respiratory distress should seek immediate medical help, the statement said.
The coming cool change will shift a blocking high in the Tasman Sea, which has helped inland temperatures build up in recent weeks.
Another band of heat will follow by early next week, lifting temperatures in Sydney's west back towards the high 30s, although the warmth is unlikely to match that of the current heatwave, Mr Cronje said.
Hot years
The Bureau of Meteorology and the CSIRO's State of the Climate report identified rising temperatures as among the clearest indications of climate change in Australia.
Globally, last year was the world's fourth-hottest year, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency. All of the five warmest years on record have happened since 2014, the agency reported this week.

as a local would you say the crime has increased in the area or is it just a case of it being more reported now ? as a tourist visiting the area at night it certainly has an ugly element but from my experiance its the strung out drug users and heavily intoxicated that i found uncomfortable in the area ... but maybe im just there at the right time to not see the gang issue ...

It's not any worse than before. Funny enough I think taking out the nightlife like clubs and bars has made it worse not better as less normal people are out and leave the ring ins and junkies to the suburb.

It's not any worse than before. Funny enough I think taking out the nightlife like clubs and bars has made it worse not better as less normal people are out and leave the ring ins and junkies to the suburb.
Tis true....At least when the clubs were pumping there was a vibrance about the place and it felt a lot safer
Now with less normal people lol as you put it out at night it almost feels like your one accidental look eye to eye
Away from being propelled into some Zombie Apocolapse film!

but is the issue that they were thugs or that they were African thugs ?
i mean lets be real here a crime is a crime regardless of who is comitting it ... the question is though is there enough evidence to show the crime being commited by African decented people is significant enough to say there is an issue.. and if that is the case what steps can be made to turn that around... i dont think isolation and protest is really going to fix the issue

We stopped in Dandenong on the way to go down the coast and went to JB hifi. A group of three young Sudanese guys were in front of us getting the shop attendant to show them the portable speakers, the kids were so polite and sweet natured and were exemplary young men. They bought their speaker and thanked the guy for serving them. People just assume that three young black guys are trouble without judging them as people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back