Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again you cannot provide a valid counter argument.

Just emotive nonsense.

If you cannot grasp the importance of fibre nbn I can't help you. A first class nbn allows us to not only do business in a global scale, but move information and data quicker and more effectively. Oops, there's that stupid productivity thing again.

It allows people to spend more time working from home... Spend less on commuting... And a better quality of life.

It allows businesses to employ people who can work at home and save money on buildings and all the costs associated with housing employees under one roof.

Yep you guessed it... Productivity.

Wowee, who would have thought you could do that.

Less people commuting = less congestion and pollution. Fancy that?

If you cannot see the way Germany and China are moving to renewables, I cannot help you. Villages and towns are all setting up their renewable power and storage and providing surplus to the grid. Don't expect to learn that in the Herald Sun. But it is happening.

Apparently, once you establish the infrastructure, the cost per kw goes down as more energy is produced for free.

If you cannot grasp the concept of productivity and how it works, I cannot help you.

If you cannot see that the price of oil set by the cartels determines whether we prosper or flounder, I can't help you.

Do you not understand that the real cause of the GFC was the record high price of oil, causing economies to grind to a halt?

Show me evidence instead of rubbish comments and I'll listen.

Once again you do not address specific points with credible facts.

Not once have you acknowledged nor suggested where our future jobs will come from.

Frankly I do not expect the flat earth cheerleaders to actually absorb any of this.

Any decent business can go full fiber at a cost that's pretty trivial if its necessary. Most of the bandwidth is being sucked up by netflicks and the like, something that isn't really the best use of the internet.
Make it faster and someone will invent something else they need. Business typically transmits data, which is a lot less demanding than online gaming or video streaming.

On a non windy , non cloudy day Germany buy nuclear electricity from France. We have brownouts. Do you have a solution for this?
The way its going it will be most feasible for home owners to generate their own electricity from Diesel or Gas when there's no solar. The inefficiency wont matter compared to the price being charged by electricity distributors and the high cost of renewable infrastructure.

Flat earth cheerleaders :/

Any decent business can go full fiber at a cost that's pretty trivial if its necessary. Most of the bandwidth is being sucked up by netflicks and the like, something that isn't really the best use of the internet.
Make it faster and someone will invent something else they need. Business typically transmits data, which is a lot less demanding than online gaming or video streaming.

On a non windy , non cloudy day Germany buy nuclear electricity from France. We have brownouts. Do you have a solution for this?
The way its going it will be most feasible for home owners to generate their own electricity from Diesel or Gas when there's no solar. The inefficiency wont matter compared to the price being charged by electricity distributors and the high cost of renewable infrastructure.

Flat earth cheerleaders :/

What part of Germany transitioning to renewables don't you quite understand?

Never said they are there yet.

They are keeping renewable infrastructure low because each area supplies itself so you don't need the cables and wires of traditional supply.

Again you pick and choose your points to suit your views.

Anyway let's move on. I'm tired of debating with people who don't have a grasp of basic economics.

Anybody own lithium battery operated garden tools?

I just recently bought a house on a 700m2 block. I have been living in a unit with a gardener for the past six or so years so don't have any garden power tools.

The garden is mostly lawn. At the moment I am paying a bloke to maintain it as I am still living in the unit for another month.

I'm wanting to buy a mower, blower vac and line trimmer.

I'm fairly sure I don't want an electric mower, they seem a bit anaemic.

Line trimmer and blower vac I'm thinking might get a battery one as they might be a bit lighter and easy to manoeuvre. But somewhat concerned over t here disposability of them all, seeing as the batteries will conk out one day.

I don't mind spending more for quality, but don't want to fork out for an Aston Martin when a commodore will do the job fine.

Also, any brand recommendations?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I just recently bought a house on a 700m2 block. I have been living in a unit with a gardener for the past six or so years so don't have any garden power tools.

The garden is mostly lawn. At the moment I am paying a bloke to maintain it as I am still living in the unit for another month.

Line trimmer and blower vac I'm thinking might get a battery one as they might be a bit lighter and easy to manoeuvre. But somewhat concerned over t here disposability of them all, seeing as the batteries will conk out one day.

I don't mind spending more for quality, but don't want to fork out for an Aston Martin when a commodore will do the job fine.

I don't trust electric garden tools. I got given a blower that was like a hair dryer in power and that was corded. Buy Stihl or Honda and they are mostly good.

Cordless tools are pretty good these days.

Ryobi do a 36v from memory. And their 18v range.

Lithium batteries are heaps better than the old nicad in terms of longevity.

What you need to look at is the ability to replace them if needed.

I've been using a Ryobi drill for over 6 years with the same battery and it's still going strong.

The advantage is one battery for all tools.
So you can just switch the battery without have to charge 3 batteries.

That said, you can pick up on name replacements on eBay at half price if needed.

The key is the battery size. Generally the amps equate to hours use.

So a 1.5 amp will go flat from use pretty quick.

Try and get a 4 amp battery as a minimum.

Ozito have upped their game and offer a 3 year replacement warranty for home use.

I have no idea about battery mowers.

Hope this helps.

What part of Germany transitioning to renewables don't you quite understand?

Never said they are there yet.

They are keeping renewable infrastructure low because each area supplies itself so you don't need the cables and wires of traditional supply.

Again you pick and choose your points to suit your views.

Anyway let's move on. I'm tired of debating with people who don't have a grasp of basic economics.

I pick and choose? Germany has had "cables and wires" ( love your technical terms ) for years, they aren't pulling down the old cables , what do you think they do on those calm nights when they buy nukes from France.
Germany are so clever they built a nuclear power plant on a fault line , never getting to use it.

What they have in Germany and what they will always have in Germany is reliable 24 hour electricity supply. We don't and we seem to be proposing to make it worse.

Excuse me? Why is it a ruse?

The ruse is charging sellers $10- $30k commission for about 10 hours work.

I guess it depends whether an agent believes he/she does what a real agent does - achieve premium results.
I can't comprehend paying someone thousands upfront to babysit my property, with little back-end incentive to actually achieve a result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I use Ego garden tools. Big batteries. I run a mower, trimmer, blower with no problems. Had them for about 4 or 5 years.

I've been using a Ryobi drill for over 6 years with the same battery and it's still going strong.

That said, you can pick up on name replacements on eBay at half price if needed.

Ozito have upped their game and offer a 3 year replacement warranty for home use.

Hope this helps.

If you have a big yard, its probably best to avoid an electric mower.
I'm on an acre so i have a Husky rider for the grunt work, but still need to hand mow a lot. Most mowers have catchers, and i found with my block i spent nearly as much time emptying catchers as i did mowing.
Ended up getting a self driving Aldi mower with a side throw option for a few hundred. So far so good, otherwise my old MTD is 25 years old and has never missed a beat despite the rough work it gets.

Excuse me? Why is it a ruse?

The ruse is charging sellers $10- $30k commission for about 10 hours work.

Totally agree with you on this one VSD. Why should their fee change depending on the property market? If anything its easier to sell a house in a strong market when prices are going up.

I guess it depends whether an agent believes he/she does what a real agent does - achieve premium results.
I can't comprehend paying someone thousands upfront to babysit my property, with little back-end incentive to actually achieve a result

Its not the agent who has to believe. Their delusion doesn't affect the outcome.
Most agents would rather sell a property quickly than get a bit extra for dragging it out. Personally i've only sold property twice, in both cases i had the estate agent trying to make me accept less than i wanted . In both cases i got near enough to what i wanted.

Totally agree with you on this one VSD. Why should their fee change depending on the property market? If anything its easier to sell a house in a strong market when prices are going up.

Its not the agent who has to believe. Their delusion doesn't affect the outcome.
Most agents would rather sell a property quickly than get a bit extra for dragging it out. Personally i've only sold property twice, in both cases i had the estate agent trying to make me accept less than i wanted . In both cases i got near enough to what i wanted.
Yep, they'd rather get the sale done. An extra ten thousand in sale price to the vendor is quite significant, but to the agent it adds very little to the commission and does not justify dragging the process out and potentially wasting energy that could be spent on listings with less interest.

Purple bricks stock seems to move quite slowly in my area.They might be okay to use if you had a property with really broad appeal that was selling in a boom period.

You might want to fact check your argument regarding fees and payment which changed in October 1 last year... Lest you look like an idiot.

Cheers

Yep, they'd rather get the sale done. An extra ten thousand in sale price to the vendor is quite significant, but to the agent it adds very little to the commission and does not justify dragging the process out and potentially wasting energy that could be spent on listings with less interest.

Purple bricks stock seems to move quite slowly in my area.They might be okay to use if you had a property with really broad appeal that was selling in a boom period.

More uninformed information.

Only houses that stick around in this market are over priced ones. You'll find most are over priced stock that the previous agent took on for the sake of getting there listing. That's the problem with the old fee structure that has been mentioned.

What area are you in?

Last edited:

Correct. I left an old fashioned agent where I had the option to buy equity because of the disgraceful practices that went on behind closed doors.

Totally disillusioned. Now you and disagree on many things but I think you appreciate I shoot straight.

Established agents hate us with the same passion that taxi drivers hate uber.

The techhnology we use is so transparent, it's not funny. It makes it impossible to lie.

Offers go direct to the vendor from buyers.

The tech also means we transact 24/7 and my overheads are fuel and phone.

I still make good coin and the rest is passed on as savings to the seller.

Can't speak for others but I walk away from 30% of business because the seller is unrealistic. If they want an agent who tells the what they want to hear, then good luck to them. I simply don't take on over priced property.

Don't want to waste my time and don't want to waste their money on advertising knowing full well it won't sell... That's pretty much theft in any other language.

I honestly can't vouch for the quality of my colleagues but the model itself is unbelievable.

Anyway, I not going to try and convince people or justify what I do.

Last edited:
More uninformed information.

Only houses that stick around in this are over priced ones.

What area are you in?
Outer east currently although will be moving regional soon. I'm referring to the outer east metro market though.

I might be wrong, just my non scientific observation.

Do you work for purple bricks?

I am in full agreement that the traditional real estate model is ripe for some sort of disruption.

I disagree. I wouldn't label it delusion in the case of top agents, I'd call it ability. A great agent will mosyt definitely affect the outcome.
I do agree with your later point, as well as Cartel's, the majority of the real estate industry is chronically underskilled. There's a reason it has the reputation it does.

I'm yet to see a top agent head to Purple Bricks, I wonder why...

Hope this helps.
My Does it all Drill bit has served me well!
Drills through Any surface!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back